Author Topic: intro qustion  (Read 266 times)

Offline poohmorning

intro qustion
« on: August 23, 2013, 04:08:58 PM »
what am i not doing or are they just being normal and it will work out? I put a younger females cage next to my girl colony( with in grabbing range), did two neutral play area intros all was good. Scrubbed everything down in the colony and put them together and all i've heard is eeping. No blood or hair is flying. What am i doing or not doing right?

Offline xxmary

Re: intro qustion
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 04:26:58 PM »
The general rule is no blood or obvious injury, then they are just establishing an order. It should calm down in a couple weeks! Make sure to check on them frequently to make sure nobody is hurt.

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 05:04:19 PM »
More neutral area play sessions would be better and cage swaps or bedding swaps to get them used to living with the scents of the others.   

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Almost as smart as a rat
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »
They are working out the dominance, so as long as there are no serious injuries, leave them alone to sort it all out.

Be aware, too, that some girls are more rambunctious than others, and it may sound like chaos, but they are actually having fun.  Watch who starts things, and who is most vocal.  If they take turns being "bully" and "victim," and especially if you see them cuddling together at other times, then things are almost certainly fine.  My seven girls (five of my own and two fosters) like to go at it hammer and tongs, especially in the middle of the night.  Then, when I wake up and turn on the light, they're always sitting there peacefully, and looking at me as though to say, "What?  We didn't hear no noize, Daddy.  Musta bin sum other rattehs, huh?" :doh:
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
RatCode:  1m0f18r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline poohmorning

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 09:17:22 PM »
thank you everyone, they have been in the same cage all day, after mom remembered the no blood, no foul rule. The newest one is a cry baby and the others were pinning her down after she would jump on them. She went in with the queen bee attitude and wasn't happy when she was put in her place all seems fine now.

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Almost as smart as a rat
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 05:34:43 PM »
thank you everyone, they have been in the same cage all day, after mom remembered the no blood, no foul rule. The newest one is a cry baby and the others were pinning her down after she would jump on them. She went in with the queen bee attitude and wasn't happy when she was put in her place all seems fine now.

See?  Yay for happy endings!  :thumbsup2:  :rattysmiley:
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
RatCode:  1m0f18r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n