Author Topic: best cat litter help!  (Read 914 times)

Offline fearlessella

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • I have 3 girls!
best cat litter help!
« on: September 24, 2014, 11:10:59 PM »
I've been using tidy cat 24/7 multiple cat scooping litter even though I only have one cat. I worked great when my cat was on dry food.  Now he is on canned food 3 times a day (due to past urinary issues) and had a lot more urine (I don't notice a stool change).  He soaks his litter box.  It stinks.  It's not easy to scoop anymore.  I smell it in the house everywhere.  He tracks it.  My leather couch has litter box paw prints.  It's gross.  I'm trying not to freak out, but I don't know what litter is best.  Non clumping?  How do you clean the box?  Help!
The Dogs: Macy, Laynee, Roman, Sicili, & Cappy 🐕
The Rats: Astrid,  Imogen,  and Yvaine 🐀
The Cat: Charm, Kitten & foster kittens Mad Hatter & Mad Max!  🐈

So many 4 legged babies are missed.  Alice & Whimsy are the most recent.  ❤

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: best cat litter help!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 08:34:47 PM »
I recently switched to blue buffalo walnut litter, and it works really well.  It clumps up fast, and there isn't any dust, so no litter prints elsewhere.  The other solution is scooping multiple times a day.  My cats tend to like to pee in the same spot over and over, which can create this sort of problem.

Offline fearlessella

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • I have 3 girls!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 11:27:18 PM »
Thank you!  I switched to non clumping and it is better but I will definitely keep that in mind!
The Dogs: Macy, Laynee, Roman, Sicili, & Cappy 🐕
The Rats: Astrid,  Imogen,  and Yvaine 🐀
The Cat: Charm, Kitten & foster kittens Mad Hatter & Mad Max!  🐈

So many 4 legged babies are missed.  Alice & Whimsy are the most recent.  ❤

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 12:04:02 AM »
I have a lot of cats using the same box. I found the cause of the issues you were having was solved by making the litter super deep and scooping daily. One cat you dont have to scoop daily. The deep litter keeps the urine off the bottom of the box where it sticks and gets stinky. So if you decide you dont like the non clumping then try making the litter at least 6" deep.