Author Topic: What does anyone think about this product?  (Read 1265 times)

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
What does anyone think about this product?
« on: May 31, 2015, 09:15:26 PM »
http://cat-in-the-bag.com/product-info/

I'm not sure if Abby would really like it.  But I'd be willing to try it!

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: What does anyone think about this product?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 09:30:48 AM »
I'd be curious to see how Abby does with it.  It certainly looks like it could be good, but I could also see it going horribly wrong, if your cat has a collar aversion...

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 10:39:39 AM »
I could see that too, with the collar aversion.  But Abby wears a collar now, where she didn't used to.  Rotten cat, as a kitten, knew which piece of furniture she could go under to get her break-away collar off!

If I get one of these, I'll let you know how Abby does with it.   :)

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 12:35:51 PM »
Ive seen these and had been wondering myself! We tried those soft carriers made of cloth youd zip up but the cats could escape those so I am wary to try anything besides our triedand true typical hard shell cat carriers. Lets us know if you get one!
Rattitude - Hammocks & Treats
rattitudehammocks.etsy.com
youtube.com/allaboutratschannel
facebook.com/allaboutrats

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 01:28:23 PM »
I will!  Poor Abby, going to the vet is such a trial with her.  She HATES getting into her carrier, and as soon as she sees it she knows what's up.  Abby will get under my granddaughters bed, as far away from me as possible.  Then the whole ride to the vet is her crying, panting, peeing, anxiety fits the whole trip.  After the vet visit is over, she is sort of fine all the way home, just some panting, but no crying or peeing.  I don't know what to do to keep her calm!  Nothing, not even the calming sprays, etc help with her.

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 01:54:26 PM »
Aw poor Abby. Ours get stressed out as well, one of them is way worse than the others. He will scream his head off even after coming home. He stays grumpy for an hour after. And they will all run and hide if they see or hear the boxes come out. Ironically, if you leave a carrier on the floor open, they will each go in it to sleep at some point.  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Marybelle

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 03:09:28 PM »
Oh yes, it's just a box, after all.  ;)  It's the thought that they can't get in and out on their own that troubles them.  LOL

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 12:31:38 AM »
The cat in my house that needs it would be impossible to get into it. The cats they are using it on are so calm.  ::)

The handle made me lol. Gotta see that in action.  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 12:53:59 AM »
Oh yes, it's just a box, after all.  ;)  It's the thought that they can't get in and out on their own that troubles them.  LOL

Lol! Thats True. Silly cats  :doh:

The cat in my house that needs it would be impossible to get into it. The cats they are using it on are so calm.  ::)

The handle made me lol. Gotta see that in action.  :yelcutelaugh:

I hadnt thought about getting them into it hm... i wonder if they would learn to freak out at bags as they do when we take the carriers out.

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 09:57:40 PM »
Wow!  I knew it had been a long while since I posted here.  But I have been looking at this product for that long, off and on.  I showed it to Neal and got his input.

Today Abby had a vet appointment.  It was one of her least favorite days of all.  We had rain, thunder and lightning, AND then going to the vet.  Poor kitty!  She yowled and cried when I put her into her carrier.  We got to the vets office, and I kept thinking about the Cat-in-the-bag, so I asked the vet and showed her the pictures.  She told me Sure!  Why not?  Dr Temple said they even use something similar to this in the office for kitties that are spooky.  Plus, the company offers a full 30 day money back guarantee, including shipping!  What have I got to lose?  So I ordered one.  When it arrives, I'll try it out with Abby.  I'll even put her in the car and drive to the vet, so that will tell me how well she'll do with it.  And I'll be sure to let y'all know!

Offline Marybelle

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 10:46:46 PM »
I'll be interested to have a first hand testimonial!  :)

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 09:42:05 AM »
We had one when we lived in Manhattan. I tried it on a formerly feral young cat who was basically very sweet but would twist and turn with handling for meds or toenail clips. He had bubbly nostrils so we needed to medicate him. A struggle to get him in it and he FREAKED--much worse than a carrier or a towel. In fact we used a towel around him and the product to get him out as we hoped to end the day with our eyeballs intact LOL. I tried it on our Maine Coon who is very easy to handle but hates his toes messed with so it is hard to extrude the claw to clip it. Disaster. One foot out at a time indeed! And I have no idea what they mean by using the bag itself as a shampooing device. Somebody in marketing had fun writing great copy, but it is not realistic at all. We tried it on a formerly feral ASH neuter that had a HUGE studly head. Getting it big enough for his neck meant he could back/somersault right out of it.  We gave it to a shelter with a caveat that they might not have any luck with it.
--Best, Mountaintop--