Author Topic: Foreign Object Under Skin  (Read 894 times)

Offline Appletea

Foreign Object Under Skin
« on: June 26, 2015, 05:20:04 PM »
Lion is a 6+ year old cat. Black DSH. Adopted about 3... 4 years ago?

He had a lump on his neck in the shelter and eventually I found out it was not a migrated microchip but a pellet from a bebe gun. My vet looks at it every time and says as long as it doesn't bother him there's no point in getting it removed. I found out it was not a microchip but a pellet when I took him to the e-clinic up state, where they did an x-ray or something to see what it was lol. He had like 2,000 dollars worth of tests done there just to determine he just has a severe URI. I cry inside whenever I think about that bill. anywayssss

But then today I was cuddling with him, and well, his bebe was very large for a minute. But then suddenly it sunk back into his neck.

Anyone have any experience with objects under a cat's skin?
Aura & Bella ; Beautiful Girl Rats
Lion ; Old Black Cat
Smoke & Ashes ; Hyper Male Gerbils
Two Fish Tanks: 60g Angelfish Tank & 5g Shrimp Tank

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: Foreign Object Under Skin
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 09:32:44 PM »
I'm inclined to agree with your vet.  As long as it's not bothering him, leave it be.  And it wouldn't surprise me if it shifts around a bit, as his body has probably walled it off in some tissue, and depending on how he sits, it may be more or less pronounced. 

If you have to sedate him for something else (a dental maybe?) you can talk to the vet about maybe removing it at that point, but it's probably not worth the risk of anesthetic just for something that's not causing an issue, especially since you already know what it is.  :)  If there were concern about it being a tumor of some sort, it might be more of a priority. 

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Foreign Object Under Skin
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:37:11 AM »
When I read your title, I realized I have watched WAY too many X-files episodes in my day.  ;D
--Best, Mountaintop--