Author Topic: A sad day for the rat world  (Read 74 times)

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Almost as smart as a rat
A sad day for the rat world
« on: November 29, 2017, 01:23:11 AM »
Those of you who remember the extremely photogenic rat, Marty Mouse, may know that his mother adopted three almost equally cute brothers a few years ago, after Marty died.  She is a professional photographer and has been documenting their adventures on a Web site called martymousehouse.com.  Wimbley died over a year ago of a pituitary tumor, Milo died earlier this year, and now Fibbs has died suddenly of old age, a couple of months short of his third birthday.  The conceit was that Fibbs ran for President of the United States as the nominee of the Donutcratic Party (slogan:  "Peace, Love, Doughnuts") and has been governing the country since the election.

I don't know why, exactly, but losing each of these boys has been like losing one of my own rats.  They were all adorable.  Each had a strong personality that came through in the photos; Fibbs in particular had a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.  Marty was a very persuasive rat ambassador in his time, and Milo, Wimbley, and Fibbs ably carried on the tradition.  The world is a poorer place without them.
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
RatCode:  1m0f18r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
Re: A sad day for the rat world
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 10:10:11 AM »
 :'( So sad! Yes, the world is now a sadder place.

Offline purple rat

Re: A sad day for the rat world
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 07:46:34 AM »
I agree - so sad  :'(
proud mama of Spock, Merlin, Goober & Streaker

missing my babies at the bridge: Remy, Tuck,   Neo, Crash, MRR Canadian boys Kirby & Digby, brothers Baxter, Abbott & Bentley