Author Topic: Advice?  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Corpseflower

• Posts Too Much!
Advice?
« on: May 09, 2011, 04:30:50 PM »
I got my mom a rabbit for her birthday a few months back because it was aaaaall she could talk about.  She'd had a bunny before and was very excited and researched their care so it seemed like a decent gift.

Well today I got an email asking if I could take the rabbit because he pees......  What?!  Animals pee, hello!

I advised that she litter train him...I don't know if they're like rats with the scent marking or not but I thought it could possibly help.

I'm scared she'll do something stupid like "set it free".  I really don't want any more pets right now and have never had the desire to have a rabbit.  But if her attitude doesn't change I may be fostering the little guy for a while....guess I should start researching their care.

Any advice on how to deal with this situation?

Offline liza

• Posts Too Much!
  • once upon a time my heart got stolen by rats
Re: Advice?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 01:23:44 AM »
He is most likely spraying. I assume he is not neutered. I highly recommend getting rabbits spayed and neutered. They are not the easiest animals to care for. They are nothing like rats or guinea pigs. I find my rabbits to be rather aggressive (well, Velvet is), stubborn, not too smart (Dancer), cunning and manipulative (Velvet). Most rabbits I know are litterbox trained. By nature, they will choose one spot.

Good luck!
Currently owned by Jasper,Gopher,Anabelle+Anastasia,Donut+Vivian+Franklin+Guido+Round1+Round2 babies, Dot+Orca,Marie+Rene+Nicola,Libbie,Annie,Melanie+Espresso (rats).Velvet+Dancer (bunnies).Porcellina+Skunk (pigs).Cercira (hamster) and Bandit (dog).
Our angels in heaven, we will always love you!

Offline Cari

Re: Advice?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 04:41:01 PM »
It'll be very easy for her to housetrain her bunny once he's neutered. All three of mine are neutered and they use their boxes. It's all about finding the right spot to put the litterpans. I hope she chooses to work through the litter box training!