Author Topic: little miss Molly's new life  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Itchysrats

little miss Molly's new life
« on: August 28, 2012, 04:01:49 PM »
so this Saturday was a very strange day by far, it started out great, and I even found a rabbit I've been looking for for a couple of months (a solid black dwarf lop male)  and I decided to stop by the store on Monday to get some info about where he was from and such...but fate had other plans for me, I rounded the corner by by apartment building when my Arab neighbor stopped me, he then asked "you know our rabbit Molly yes?  do you want her, or else my wife wants to cook her"   I just stood there with a heavy grocery bag in my hand and didn't know what to respond, so I told him that I'd just go up to my apartment and put away all of the groceries, and I'd come down to talk to him in 15 minutes...said and done I was down there a little bit later, and he then told me that little Molly had bitten his youngest son, and the whole family was no terrified of her, and that his oldest son had already gotten tired of caring for a rabbit, after a little more than a month :(

so I agreed to take her, as I had already planned on bringing another rabbit into my furry family (I didn't expect it to happen so soon)
and what I saw broke my heart, she didn't have any bedding, a house or a shelf, and the water she ad was filthy and full of feces :( 
and the only food she had in her bowl was lettuce leaves and cucumber, and the hay was in clumps,brown, didn't look like hay, and had no smell whatsoever
Molly herself had a harness on that had tangled with her left front leg, making her unable to move around properly :(

so I got molly in her carrier and took her and her cage home with me, took the damn harness off (and threw it away) and gave her soft clean bedding, a shelf to sit on, fresh hay, fresh food and clean water, and she immediately started to show what a great character she has

the part I don't get is that my neighbor bought her for his son "to play with"  and because she was so cheap  :doh:
and they mistreated her so badly for over a month :(
even though I told them when they first got her, how you properly care for a rabbit, they still did nothing right :(

after having her for 3 days she has made some improvements, but she is really scared of small children, and hard floors, but other than that,she is just perfect :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
Re: little miss Molly's new life
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 05:32:48 PM »
I imagine Molly is already happier by the minute!  (She's pretty, too!)

Best of luck,

Raaz.

Offline CarrieD

• Posts Too Much!
    • Yale Road Adoptables
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 06:11:31 PM »
What a gorgeous girl! So nice to hear she's doing better already.

Offline Maltey

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm gonna kiss that rat, that's what I'm gonna do
    • The Relaxed Rat
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 06:23:54 PM »
Such gorgeous colouring.
Here's to Molly and her new life  :party:
♥Courtney and the ever-growing mischief♥

My Blog!

Offline Itchysrats

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 06:56:35 PM »
Molly is a wonderful little girl, and fits perfectly in my furry family :)
and she has begun to show her true personality, which is just as sweet as her looks  :rattysmiley: