Author Topic: The Tragedy of "Free to a Good Home"  (Read 25757 times)

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
The Tragedy of "Free to a Good Home"
« on: August 27, 2004, 08:48:53 AM »
I don't want to scare anyone, but I just wanted people to keep this in mind when posting an adoption thread. Just food for thought.

http://www.petrescue.com/petlibrary/pet-rescue/the-tragedy-of-free/

With our forum, I think, the greatest fear is that someone unsavory might be wanting our pets as feeders. This, of course, is a pet board, and we don't allow feeder threads in this section for any reason. I would also hope that someone looking for feeders would not dare take the time to register for a pet board to prey on us. But, the world is a crazy place, and we can never be too careful.

Please, post your adoptions with care, and be sure to interview possible adopters. If you get a bad feeling, call it off.

Also, if anyone IS trolling for feeders here, rest assured that if I find out about them, they will be banned ON SIGHT.

Again, not trying to scare anyone, just reminding everyone to think about how they word posts, so as not to attract predators.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:18:46 PM by Suebee »

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
Re: The Tragedy of "Free to a Good Home"
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 09:39:10 AM »
I just wanted to add that it was pointed out to me that a few items in the above article are a little outdated. Otherwise, the overall idea of the article is something to consider. Thanks.