Author Topic: The Eclectus Parrot  (Read 3483 times)

Offline lutino

• Fischers Lovebird
The Eclectus Parrot
« on: October 03, 2009, 05:18:51 AM »
What you should know before getting one or if you already have one… caring for your Eclectus Parrots health, fitness and caring tips to keep your Eclectus Parrot happy and healthy!

Offline kazelkich03

• Ritten
Re: The Eclectus Parrot
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 04:43:04 AM »
Electus parrot birds are strong fliers and on long flights, they fly high above the forest canopy. Calling loudly, pairs or small parties travel widely through the upper canopy in search of fruits, nuts, nectar and leaf buds. They are feed on fruits, seeds, nuts, berries, leaf buds, blossoms and nectar, all of which are procured mainly in the treetops.

Offline valkyrie

• *Scentsy*
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 11:01:33 AM »
these parrots are soo beautiful, their colors are very vibrant.. i want one soooo bad.

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 11:54:35 AM »
My accomplices mother had one of these!
Unfortunately she fell on some very hard times and after many years of companionship surrendered him to her vets aviary.  :(
(It is a great place though, and we often get updates on how happy he is there, it would appear he has made fast friends with, of all species, a parrotlet!)

They are such amazing birds, and smart as a whip.

Wesley actually had a sense of humor. He would walk to rooms he knew were empty, poke his head in and call; "Hello??" before laughing to himself.
He would also sometimes hide in those rooms and say something to startle you as you passed. I  :heart:'d him.

Offline valkyrie

• *Scentsy*
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 12:20:07 PM »
Cute story. My blue crown conure says hello too lol. But hers walking around peeking heads saying it too cute