Author Topic: Getting him to A to B?  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Adam

Getting him to A to B?
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:04:24 PM »
I have a quaker parrot who just turned 1 he needs his wings clipped and toes trimmed He can fly now and I was wondering how do I get him to the bird store to get clipped? I live in ohio and your not sopposed to have them flighted but because I wanted to be able to train on recall and other training because even though birds are winged that can still fly if wind gets them and I wanted to know that my bird knows these things recall which he can do and non clipping  truthfully I dont mind it but I am doing it for his safety do you think they will say anything which I dont care I am currently in the police academy so I highly doudt I will be letting my bird free and be a harm to ohio? Also he hasnt been in any cage expect his mansion I know I messed up here but time flew <--  :yelcutelaugh: !!Ps That ways like 200 pds its not fitting in the car, truck or Boat ahah  ::) I was thinking about just a small cage that you buy for a small bird but not so small its like tight for him?

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
Re: Getting him to A to B?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 04:19:56 AM »
He should be fine in a travel cage, it is just for a short amount of time.   Maybe before you put him in the car in it let him sit in it at home for short stints of time to make sure he's comfortable in it.