Author Topic: hey guys.. i have a blue crown conure  (Read 1837 times)

Offline valkyrie

• *Scentsy*
hey guys.. i have a blue crown conure
« on: January 30, 2011, 11:00:04 AM »
i adopted him about a year ago and he is about 23 years old.
he only likes women. which is ok. he is protective of me when i hold him from my husband haha..

i have troubles getting him out of his cage. I cant unless i reach in and just grab him then hes ok. OR if I have company over he will be happy to just hop onto my finger to come out. Otherwise he will just shy to the back of his cage and hang on for dear life. He sounds like a happy parrot, chatters all day. He just really loves his cage. If i sat him on top of it he will just climb right back into it.

i used to have a jenday conure and she HAteD being in it. she would scream from the moment she heard you stir in the morning till you let her out.

ive tried coaxing him out with peanut in shell.. He LOVES those. and other fruits he loves. Tried using a stick to having him step up. He just wont come out. Maybe once in a blue moon or like i said.. if i have company.. usually in female form lol.

Offline Ratatata

• Posts Too Much!
  • Officialized Weirdo.
Re: hey guys.. i have a blue crown conure
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 12:13:27 AM »
He sounds like a sweet bird. Are his wings clipped? You could buy one of those outside perches with the food and water so he can hang out there during the day when your there. that might help a little.   
Currently volunteering as a foster home.

Be profound: The cup is useful because of it's emptyness.

Offline valkyrie

• *Scentsy*
Re: hey guys.. i have a blue crown conure
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 07:55:20 AM »
No their not clipped but he won't fly unless he absolutely has to.