Author Topic: Pictures of my new Cage & Ferret!  (Read 5866 times)

Offline AngelZOO

• Posts Too Much!
  • Raffin Kind!
    • Bejet.eV . com
Pictures of my new Cage & Ferret!
« on: July 03, 2003, 09:48:22 PM »
I got a new cage the other day a Super Pet Delux, that I split up into a cage for the ferret and a cage for the rats. They are all having a blast with their new set up! :) I don't have any of the rats cage yet, I got to carried away with the ferret I filled up the digital camera's memory card!

At any rate, if your a ferret lover, you'll enjoy these pictures! :)

http://www.neeps.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=012352#000002
"If you won't rescue, don't breed!"
"Feeding rats is like feeding a pack of sharks" - Angel

Offline NYDaisy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Jon
    • MySpace
Re:Pictures of my new Cage & Ferret!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 10:01:51 PM »
Oh my gosh!  He is so sweet!!!!  *Wants to steal the little... er... kinda big... guy!*
-Amanda

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.

Offline AngelZOO

• Posts Too Much!
  • Raffin Kind!
    • Bejet.eV . com
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 10:21:20 PM »
He's about  4 1/2 pounds of furry little *beep*!!!
But I love em!

EmilyRugburn

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 10:43:17 PM »
Looks like you need some nice, big ferret hammocks that have pockets in them... someone on this forum sells those kind... you might want to look her up.

Offline hammyratty

• R.I.P. Sweet Hammy
    • Icydays.Org
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 11:36:01 PM »
awwwwwwwww OMG! that is so so so cute. ooh you really shouldn't have let me seen those pics! I've been bugging my mom for ages to let me have another rabbit (I had one for 4 years who died back in January)...NOW i'm going to be bugging her for a FERRET too!!! HOW CUTE! Actually I really don't know much about ferrets, so I know there's no chance of me getting one.  Anyway, that is such a sweety you have there! give him lots of hugs and kisses!

oh and also, that is one really nice cage!
~Laura
R.I.P Sweet Hammy, Flea, Cotton, Hallie, Cola, Astrid, Hamlet, Lama, and Hannah ratties...you will never be forgotten

Meet all my other pets!
http://icydays.org/animalia

swedishnightingale

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 12:25:18 AM »
Awwww... he's beautiful! Love that nose!!!!  ;D

AmoLaZucca

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2003, 12:49:18 AM »
How adorable!   :hyper:

Offline AngelZOO

• Posts Too Much!
  • Raffin Kind!
    • Bejet.eV . com
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2003, 07:21:27 AM »
Emily: I'm currently making him a super sized sleep sack, and a sleeping tube by hand. :)
Cause the stuff the sell in the stores really isn't big enough for him! He can't fit all of himself on those hammies, but he sure tries lol.
He hasn't been using the hammies yet since we moved into this new cage. Ah well.

Offline NutKitty

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2003, 08:13:26 AM »
I have a cage just like that for my ferret too. ;)

A few recommendations though...  (hope ya don't mind... I'm speaking from experience)

1.  That drop-off from the top is really too high..  it'd be best to have another level thing there instead of the hammock.  They're very clumsy animals, lol...

2.  Water bottle - TOO small.  You should invest in one of those water crocks that screw into the side of the cage (works well with that cage too, I have one)  It only cost about $5 - I found it in the bunny section at Petsmart.  Provides more water and it's easier for them to drink.  I had a HUGE waterbottle in there at first but he rarely used it... he uses this crock a lot.  

3.  Be careful about having the ratties under him...  ferrets are predators, rats are prey.  At least that's how it works in their eyes.  I wouldn't dream of letting my rats and ferret that close to one another myself.. hehe...  I do keep them in the same room though, and when my ferret runs up to the rat cage, they run up to sniff him.. don't seem scared, I dunno.  Just promise you'll be extra careful, that's all. :)

Anyways.. that's my advice.

He's a BEAUTIFUL ferret!  I LOVE Mitts!!!!  Incredibly handsome...!  :)  Mine is a chocolate sable.

Offline Bonnie

• Posts Too Much!
  • Professional Treat Dispenser
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2003, 09:31:21 AM »
HOW CUTE! I love carpet sharks!

I have that exact cage for mine-- but they never use that pink tube. I mean Oscar kinda fell in it once, but then he looked at me like "why'd you put a hole in the floor?!" and now he just walks over it...
~Bonnie~

www.petfinder.com --Adopt a pet, save a life!