Author Topic: NY (Brookhaven, Long Island)-Rats need homes, fosters, rescues-250 rats  (Read 475 times)

Offline Raquel

• Donor
    • The New York City Rat Meetup Group
Hi,

There are 250 rats at the Brookhaven Animal Shelter:

These rats need rescues, fosters, homes as soon as possible. They are very cute and sweet. Pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ratloversofny/permalink/1831417470457949/
(First log in to Facebook, then click on this link.)

The shelter would appreciate donations of paper towel rolls and Keurig K-Cup boxes.

Thank you,
Raquel

Offline *CARRIE*

• 2 kids and a menagerie :-)
    • Pics of my rats
Re: NY (Brookhaven, Long Island)-Rats need homes, fosters, rescues-250 rats
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 05:26:59 PM »
That's my local shelter - sharing and maybe going there. :BlueDumboSmile: :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 01:50:58 PM »
Is there any rat rescues stepping in to care for those rats? If yes let us know- I'll be happy to give a donation to them. I'm not on Facebook so I can't see the updates. I hope it ends well.

Offline nancycccslp

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Mr.Whisper, Teddy Ratsevelt; my first rat friends
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 08:07:22 PM »
I adopted 3 little (and I mean LITTLE, maybe 5 weeks?) from there. The shelter is doing a great job of caring for them, but they need homes. I was there 2 weeks ago and they still had about 200. If I can remember how to post pics (I haven't been on here in a while!) I'll post pics of my 3 boys; all hoodies, one is a split cap, one is a dumbo, and one is a bratty, adorable runt.
I miss you and love you Teddy Ratsevelt and Benny.  Thank you for being my heart rats.

It's not the size of the pet in your life, it's the size of the life in your pet