Author Topic: Mocha's place  (Read 4818 times)

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
Mocha's place
« on: October 08, 2011, 02:41:43 AM »
I put down some lino I had laying around because rabbits poop alot!  I had no idea rabbits were such poop machines! So Mocha now has three litter boxes and I sure hope she starts using them more!  :yelcutelaugh: Anyway here is her new setup,

just chilling on the old floor.
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline Livideum

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Mocha's place
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 02:57:02 AM »
I love the well loved lookng phone book in the last pic lol.
I really can't get over how gorgeous she is, her fur just looks too soft to be allowed  :P
Owned by 13 rats 2 cats and 2 dogs

Offline JessicasZooCrew

• My blog
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 06:34:44 PM »
Mini Rex/Rex fur is glorious. It's  sad but Standard Rex are often raised for their pelts (and meat). It feels like plush crushed velvet. 

She's beautiful, and looks very spolied =)

As for the poop, in all honesty, you'll probably always find poops outside the box. With bunnies, litter training is more for the urine (which is where the odor comes from.. the poop really doesn't smell that bad... it's great for the garden too!).

~~Jessica And Crew~~

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 10:47:10 PM »
Livideum, yep she loves phonebooks! And she is very soft, it's addicting petting her!

JessicasZooCrew, nice factoid about poop for the garden! I will remember that for next year!
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 01:21:01 AM »
Moved my chair out to give her some extra room. Rabbits are a lot of fun!  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 10:08:09 PM »
Awesome setup!  I bet she loves it.  Lots of toys, things to destroy, and room to bunny dance!

What kinda veggies have you been feeding her?  :)
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 11:10:36 PM »
 :wave2: Hi Scubbs! Mocha seems pretty happy with her digs! She gets kale, baby romaine, apples, carrots, broccoli and a small amount of banana. And some parsley, mint and dandelion root. Any suggestions would be great, Mocha is my first bun and I really want to treat her well. Her pellet is Oxbow for young rabbits, she is just six months old.

Offline Lace_and_Buttons

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 02:57:50 PM »
I love your set up! She's an adorable little girl! Where did you get that tunnel (a link, name of product would be great)? I've been looking for one for my rabbit rescues, I got a super pet tunnel, but it was TINY, luckily it works for the guinea pigs.

As far as the litter training goes, I'd set up a hay rack in or next to her litter boxes, or even just put hay in the litter box. Bunnies often poop while they're eating, so if there's hay by their litter box, they can munch and poop at the same time. I have two unspayed rabbits, and I was able to potty train them in less than a week using this trick, and they haven't made a boo boo since, other than one or two poops outside of the box, but most ends up where it should.
Taking care of animals is a full time, fulfilling duty, and I wouldn't have it any other way. AR Rescue and Sanctuary: http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Rodents-AR-Rescue-and-Sanctuary/268227383214728

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 08:04:50 PM »
I love your set up! She's an adorable little girl! Where did you get that tunnel (a link, name of product would be great)? I've been looking for one for my rabbit rescues, I got a super pet tunnel, but it was TINY, luckily it works for the guinea pigs.

As far as the litter training goes, I'd set up a hay rack in or next to her litter boxes, or even just put hay in the litter box. Bunnies often poop while they're eating, so if there's hay by their litter box, they can munch and poop at the same time. I have two unspayed rabbits, and I was able to potty train them in less than a week using this trick, and they haven't made a boo boo since, other than one or two poops outside of the box, but most ends up where it should.

Thanks! Mocha is doing much better with the potty training, thank goodness. As for the tunnel I bought that at Walmart in the cat section, I think for $8. Mocha loves that thing.

Offline Lace_and_Buttons

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 08:07:26 PM »
Ooh, good deal, I paid that much for the tiny guinea pig tunnel. Off to walmart!
Taking care of animals is a full time, fulfilling duty, and I wouldn't have it any other way. AR Rescue and Sanctuary: http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Rodents-AR-Rescue-and-Sanctuary/268227383214728

Offline liza

• Posts Too Much!
  • once upon a time my heart got stolen by rats
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 09:47:32 PM »
I second the hay in the litterbox. We have big litterboxes (30" long, 16" wide - they are cage bottoms). We put newspaper down, then bedding, then a bunch of hay. Velvet and Dancer eat and pee and poop - all at once. They use one side of the litterbox as the toilet, the other as the kitchen. They never have any accidents outside of their litterbox.

By the way, our Dancer looks just like Mocha! Identical!
Currently owned by Jasper,Gopher,Anabelle+Anastasia,Donut+Vivian+Franklin+Guido+Round1+Round2 babies, Dot+Orca,Marie+Rene+Nicola,Libbie,Annie,Melanie+Espresso (rats).Velvet+Dancer (bunnies).Porcellina+Skunk (pigs).Cercira (hamster) and Bandit (dog).
Our angels in heaven, we will always love you!

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 08:59:02 PM »
More pics after cleaning up her area. I am going to try the hay over the litter box but I am thinking that she will need a bigger litter box for that idea.

Offline Lace_and_Buttons

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 06:27:06 PM »
Aw, I love the pink cardboard house thingy, where'd you get that? I've seen the big card board critter haven mazes for rabbits, but at 18 bucks, it's pretty expensive for cardboard that they'll destroy pretty quickly.

For the hay in the litter box thing, you could just put the hay on one side of the litter box, rather than using a hay container over it. I just put a couple handfuls of hay in the litter box itself, and they go for it. There's not much hay wasted that way, actually. You can also put a little treat in the litter box to entice her to spend time there, like a bit of mint or other good smelling herb.

Offline DebsRats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 01:26:43 AM »
They like to hang out in their litter boxes. I always have good sized ones for them. I also put lots of hay in. Even if it's wasted. They'll spend more time in there to poop and pee.

What is that 3 story thing for her to play in? I want one for all my buns.

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »
They like to hang out in their litter boxes. I always have good sized ones for them. I also put lots of hay in. Even if it's wasted. They'll spend more time in there to poop and pee.

What is that 3 story thing for her to play in? I want one for all my buns.

The red one? Walmart for $15 I think, in the cat section. It's call a cat condo/playhouse. The pink one is stackable too but has been discontinued.

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 08:48:48 PM »
Mocha gets to binking quite a bit lately so I down sized the stuff in her space to give her more room to bunny around.

and the girl,

Mocha likes to hang out in these little shoe boxes, she sleeps in them too.

butt pic,