Author Topic: HELP! Baby sparrow!  (Read 987 times)

Offline GlitterGalore

HELP! Baby sparrow!
« on: July 23, 2015, 05:11:49 AM »
HELP!
I found a sparrow fledgling and need help on how often to feed it/guess it's age.
Let me just say I live in Seoul, in the middle of the city. I couldn't find the nest, and if I did, there's no way I'd be able to get it back there as the only two viable options would require me to have a 15+ foot ladder...Plus he landed right next to a garbage pile where I see upwards of 3 stray cats daily. He was in a little side garden, but had no protection, and in the 5 minutes I went to the bank trying to mull over what to do a kid was already poking at him with a stick (this location is between a church, a preschool, and a high school, so it's CRAWLING with kids). He almost fluttered into the street, and had he done so would not have been able to hop back up over the curb to safety on his own. I tried taking him to a vet, but was told there aren't any wildlife centers I could call. I guess I could put him back, but I seriously doubt he'd make it. I really feel like this is the only option where he has a chance.

http://www.starlingtalk.com/babycare.htm#diet
I've been using this site to gague his age and I already made him the food suggested on the site...I'd say he's between 10-13 days?

I got him to eat maybe 1cc of the food I made, but I'm not sure if that's enough or not. He definitely wasn't happy about it either. I'm pretty sure his cheeps range between "Where is my mother you Hellspawn?!" and "Go f*ck yourself."
My main question is how much is enough? The site says to stop when they're done eating, but since he doesn't really want to eat in the 1st place, that's not really a good gauge for me.

Here's a pic of him:

Offline RandyMiller

Re: HELP! Baby sparrow!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 02:34:51 AM »
How is your sparrow now?
Pet Supplies Plus