Author Topic: Questions about the Calendar -- Ask away!  (Read 132874 times)

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: Questions about the Calendar -- Ask away!
« Reply #300 on: November 29, 2013, 01:40:43 PM »
You might have to check into it's capabilities, but I think PS Lightroom might have more than Elements, and is near to the same price.

Offline Vonda Z

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ratropolis: Life with Rats
« Reply #301 on: November 29, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »
You might have to check into it's capabilities, but I think PS Lightroom might have more than Elements, and is near to the same price.

I don't have Lightroom, but I always thought it was more of a workflow organizer that can manage and catalog a large library of files and do batch processing/editing of them (ie, you can make the same adjustment to a batch of files all at once). It targets high-volume professional studio-type work more than low-volume hobbyist photography. It can do some high-tech adjustments, but doesn't support layers or text or shapes or making composite images or creating new images from scratch. I think that most people who use it, use it in combination with an editor like Photoshop or Elements. Adobe lets you try all of their software for a 30-day test period, so when in doubt, download it and see what it can do. If you later purchase a digital download from Amazon or elsewhere - you don't even need to download or install - you can just plug the license code/registration key they give you into the demo to activate it permanently.

Offline notsaying

« Reply #302 on: December 02, 2014, 09:17:19 PM »
Alright this is an old post, bu I have an idea for the future. What about all the other small+furry mammals? Could a calendar be done of them? I know it is a lot of work to make calendar so I get if this is a dumb idea. I just was thinking that a lot of the memmbers have more than just rats. Plus, I know there is degu owners out there and I really don't think a whole lot of people make degu calendars. Ok I am done explaining my dumb idea. Thanks to whomever ends up reading this, if anyone does.

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
« Reply #303 on: December 02, 2014, 10:06:56 PM »
If anyone else wants to taken on other animals, I can upload it to the shop. I couldn't even get my crap together to dothe calendar this year, so taking on other critters is not in my capability. LOL!

I thought about doing a "greatest hits" calendar to fill the gap this year, but all the files are on an external drive that died on me.  :-\

Offline erbusbee

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #304 on: December 10, 2014, 02:24:38 AM »
In absence of the calendar is there any way to donate a little something to support the forum?

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • ratsrule.com
« Reply #305 on: December 10, 2014, 10:14:38 AM »
There are lots of other items in the cafepress shop that are available 24/7/365.  :thumbsup2:

http://www.cafepress.com/ratsrule

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #306 on: January 28, 2015, 10:23:05 PM »
I just came looking for the calendar to see if I missed it.  Sad news :(  But totally understandable.  Hopefully next year, though unless my rats are very long-lived I won't have any then. :(

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • ratsrule.com
« Reply #307 on: January 29, 2015, 09:50:21 AM »
Yeah, the year kind of got away from me... and without the "good" software to get it done, it's more frustration than its worth. Maybe I can get it together for this year. *fingers crossed*

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #308 on: February 02, 2015, 08:10:28 PM »
It's completely understandable!