Author Topic: The Truth, and Nothing But The Truth.  (Read 8827 times)

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
Re: The Truth, and Nothing But The Truth.
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2010, 02:52:04 AM »
okay so i was wrong, They vet said he was wrong. the rattie girls only gain a half of a pound not a pound.

At this point I am really done with this.  The vet did not say he was wrong.  If he knows anything about small animals this would not happen.  I really hope you do take your rats to a vet, or at least have one in mind incase something goes wrong with the pregnancy and birth.  There is no way they would gain half a pound in such a short time, and prego girls don't gain that much anyway.  Your "The Truth" post is just more lies.  I have tried to be nice, but really...

I hope you do come clean, and I hope you make the best choices you can for you pets, and your "friend" needs to do the same thing.  

Offline maesie

• Posts Too Much!
  • 100% Aussi
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2010, 05:28:37 AM »
You mentioned earlier when talking about cages that your girls climb over the boys cage. I would strongly advise against this. Females can get pregnant through the wire, so if your girls aren't already pregnant they could still.  :o

Also, just on a side note, if you're going to write any more really long posts, can you split it up into paragraphs with lines in-between. I know I'm prob just being picky but it's really hard to read and follow big long blocks of text like your first post. Thanks  :)

Offline RatFanSA

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2010, 08:03:07 AM »
Oh man, totally forgot Bear wasn't neutered. :doh: If there's any additional risk of pregnancy, you probably should avoid it al all costs.
Are you keeping your friends' rats, or is Bear alone for now?

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2010, 09:22:37 AM »
Firstly:

Are your rats now separated? GET THE MALES AWAY FROM THE FEMALES! Immediately. I suggest you rehome the males, both you and your friend. If you can't keep them separated, they need a better home.

A colored tote is fine.

And I agree, please split your posts. I literally have a hard time following them.

There is no way a rat gained a half a pound. I have a tiny girl who IS a half of a pound. There's no way your rat gained that much. I believe a normal preggo weight gain would be about 100 GRAMS. And that's at the END of the pregnancy. I highly doubt you took them to the vet, and you're sitting here lying again.

How old are you? Didn't you say you're 21? You're my age, you should know better than to come here and lie to a mass amount of people. And then say you're telling the truth and lie again. People around here WILL remember that. Do not take us for idiots. This is one of the most intelligent forums I know, and none of us are remotely stupid.

Here are some links, it will answer your questions. I suggest you stop BSing us now. You're too old for these childish games.

http://www.ratz.co.uk/breeding.html#Pregnancy%20and%20Birthing
http://ratguide.com/breeding/
http://bvrattery.wordpress.com/2009/06/06/the-virtual-mentor-your-first-litter/

Offline AWayson1989

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2010, 10:42:24 AM »
Firstly:

Are your rats now separated? GET THE MALES AWAY FROM THE FEMALES! Immediately. I suggest you rehome the males, both you and your friend. If you can't keep them separated, they need a better home.

A colored tote is fine.

And I agree, please split your posts. I literally have a hard time following them.

There is no way a rat gained a half a pound. I have a tiny girl who IS a half of a pound. There's no way your rat gained that much. I believe a normal preggo weight gain would be about 100 GRAMS. And that's at the END of the pregnancy. I highly doubt you took them to the vet, and you're sitting here lying again.

How old are you? Didn't you say you're 21? You're my age, you should know better than to come here and lie to a mass amount of people. And then say you're telling the truth and lie again. People around here WILL remember that. Do not take us for idiots. This is one of the most intelligent forums I know, and none of us are remotely stupid.

I suggest you stop BSing us now. You're too old for these childish games.

First of all, I am 21 years old with 3 freaking kids. I told you what happened my friend came over and i told her to get on my name on goosemoose. due to she does not have the internet at home. so why sign up for a site when you can not get on here and check it all the damn time. and Second of all i am not BSing anymore. i am telling the truth. But i will take those links and do the best off of those since some people just want to keep judging me and act childish. when all i did was make a new post and told you everything even what my doctor.vet said.. but thats okay, cause i am telling you what went down. and i  know since the lies started it is hard to trust someone. but now this is nothing but the truth. but if you dont want to trust it then so be it. but thanks for everyone who did help and give me information and not act like this, all i am doing now is trying to get the best for my ratties. and third of all i am not going to rehome any of my babies/ratties. be like oh yeah, i am going to give you a forever home, then turn around and be like right back out the door you go, like his old owners sorry i am not like that. but anyways anyone who wants to be childish go ahead cause i will just skip right over your comments. thank you

Offline Melissaratmama

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2010, 10:57:06 AM »
I hope you plan to rehome the future babies. Also dont expect to not be judged on here. You cant expext to lie one day then the next we`re all suppose to believe you... Cuz thats unlikely to happen.
 Even though you have made a new thread promising to tell the truth I still see holes in your story.
Mom to : Percival the ferret, Maggie the dog, Sophie the kitten, and Gabby the cat. Holding memories of the many rats of my past ...

Offline Hippidy

• Posts Too Much!
  • aka Christy
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2010, 11:33:45 AM »
I know it would be hard to re home a rat but right now it would be the best thing for him and the babies. I think it would be the responsible thing to do even though it doesn't feel right. When people keep both sexes there is always another chance for an oops litter, some one gets out of their cage, or some one gets put into the wrong cage. I know someone that this happened to and she was lucky to have a few small litter, and some of the babies died. She still ended up with a little over 20 rats.

On this forum it's pretty easy to find a suitable home for a rat. You wouldn't have to give anyone up to a home where you weren't sure if the rat would be cared for. It would be much better than posting an add on craigslist and going for someone who seems nice.

If something happened and all your rats got sick could you afford care for all of them, or even some of them? It gets very expensive (I only have 3 and spent well over $1000 this year).

I try to give the benefit of the doubt and forgive and forget. I hope the weight you heard was just a misunderstanding.

Offline Black_Rose

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2010, 11:49:51 AM »
Rehoming all the rats is what I would do.  If I was not in a comfortable financial situation I would think of getting any pets at all, because it does cost quite a bit to keep them healthy and happy. Do your best and alot of reading and research.

Offline TamSmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2010, 12:21:22 PM »
You couldn't afford $100 earlier to get an espay, right? I can tell you I just spent over $1,000 on TWO of my girls in the last 2 months. Lets say you have about... 20+ rats after the litters come. Do you have $500 for each of them at any given time? Are you going to get all of them spayed and neutered? If not, I have a feeling you'll accidentally end up with more litters in the future.

I would rehome the boy and find homes for all the babies or you can keep a male from the litter and rehome the females and all the babies and keep the 2 boys. It's hard but if you love them sometimes you need to do the right thing and put your feelings aside for what's best for them.

Offline RatFanSA

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2010, 01:40:41 PM »
Firstly:

A colored tote is fine.

First of all, I am 21 years old with 3 freaking kids.

I'm sorry, but having 3 kids doesn't somehow excuse lying and make you superior to the person who posted -if anything, it should make you more inclined to act sensibly.

Are the genders separated? How many rats do you have (counting your friends'), and how many cages are they in? If you couldn't afford an espay, and you can't afford to neuter your male (not to mention your friend's unneutered boy), you really should consider rehoming at least some of your rats.

It's a lot better to take responsibility for changing circumstances and do right my your rats than to keep them in a "forever home" that can't give them all the care they could need. I'm not really sure what your financial situation is, but it sounds like one where you can't afford to keep your girls and boy, your friends girls and boys and all the possible babies that you could have soon.

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2010, 03:25:08 PM »
+1 that having 3 kids at 21 does not make you more or less responsible. Though, it should help you realize that males and females produce babies together. This has nothing to do with your children, as I assume you aren't breeding them.  :doh: This has to do with the rats.

You can't afford a nueter that is going to cost something like $100. How do you plan to cage 20+ babies if you can't do that? There aren't many cages out there large enough to hold a large number. A double FN holds 12 and is like $100 used and $200 new. How are you going to afford that, when you can't afford a nueter?

I seriously hope you change your mind and rehome some, or all, of the babies/rats. I had a friend who had a rescue have 17 babies. It's very possible you'll have much more than 20 babies. I stand by saying if you couldn't figure out that male + female = babies, you should rehome one sex at least.

Rats need 2 sq. feet of space PER rat at MINIMUM. I'd start looking for cages ASAP.

Offline Hippidy

• Posts Too Much!
  • aka Christy
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2010, 03:47:46 PM »
Firstly:

A colored tote is fine.

I'm sorry, but having 3 kids doesn't somehow excuse lying and make you superior to the person who posted -if anything, it should make you more inclined to act sensibly.

Are the genders separated? How many rats do you have (counting your friends'), and how many cages are they in? If you couldn't afford an espay, and you can't afford to neuter your male (not to mention your friend's unneutered boy), you really should consider rehoming at least some of your rats.

It's a lot better to take responsibility for changing circumstances and do right my your rats than to keep them in a "forever home" that can't give them all the care they could need. I'm not really sure what your financial situation is, but it sounds like one where you can't afford to keep your girls and boy, your friends girls and boys and all the possible babies that you could have soon.

She doesn't have her friends rats. She just has her 2 pregnant girls and her male. I know it's kind of hard to keep it straight.

Offline Oleander

• Posts Too Much!
  • Baby Connor <3
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2010, 05:20:35 PM »
+1 for rehoming some or all of the rats.

Just 2 of my boys have been to the vet 5 times in 3 months and cost me around $700. I have 12, so it's expensive. Luckily, most of mine are healthy, but 1 of my boys has reoccurring issues and another boy may end up the same way when he recovers from everything he is currently going through.

Rats are EXPENSIVE. Every week it is something. If it's not vet fees or medication, then I need litter or food or fleece or toys or a new water bottle or a new wheel or cage etc etc...

It adds up FAST when there are a lot of rats. I don't track how much I have spent this year on my 12, but I imagine it's somewhere around $5,000. My boyfriend pays half the vet bills, but I buy everything else for them. It does stretch our pockets sometimes, and we don't have children to worry about as well. Since you do have 3 kids, you are obviously going to have to put them first, so what happens if you have 2 sick kids and then a sick rat? Will you have hundreds of dollars saved up to pay for the rats vet bill?

If it is not too late, I would look into CareCredit and see if you can get approved for enough to go get 2 e-spays and get your boy fixed.

It's not just the cost either. I spend HOURS every week cleaning cages and rearranging cages and washing fleece. Not to mention having to take a few hours each day to have play time with all my ratties. Do you have that kind of time with your own children as well? Trust me, with 20+ rats, your house is going to smell like RAT allllll the time unless you stay on top of cleaning those cages. I have to do a deep clean once a week (take everything out, wash it all, shopvac the floors, behind the cages, etc) and I spot clean daily and my house still constantly smells like rats! I don't really mind, but your family might.

Then, there is the issue of health problems. Since you have not had these rats long at all, who knows how their health will end up. Both females could be prone to tumors or URI or something else. What are you going to do if you end up with 10 baby girls who all have tumors in 6 months? My vet charges $400 for tumor removal in rats.

I think you need to seriously sit down and think about what you are ACTUALLY doing here. Yes, babies are cute. Rats are fun. But you are getting in WAY over your head. Also, does your husband know what is going on? Does he know you may soon have 20+ more mouths to feed? You should get his input on this too.

& 17 Hermit Crabs + 3 Crazy Kitties: Jack, Sullivan, & Bennett  <3

Offline Melissaratmama

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2010, 06:26:16 PM »
I must be an idiot.#1 Its been one story after another. And I for one feel there are more important posts to worry about then playing games.#2 I just realized that everytime I log on here the first thing I look for is to see any updates on this thread. I really hope for the best for your rats. And I really hope they get the vet care they need. And I hope you find good homes for all the babies, because they deserve that!
Mom to : Percival the ferret, Maggie the dog, Sophie the kitten, and Gabby the cat. Holding memories of the many rats of my past ...

Offline RatFanSA

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2010, 04:39:55 AM »
She doesn't have her friends rats. She just has her 2 pregnant girls and her male. I know it's kind of hard to keep it straight.

My bad. :) I keep asking for clarification, because I don't know if she's said that straight out yet... and I'm trying to figure out what's the status quo is right now.

That Care Credit thing sounds like a great idea... I have no idea how it works, but if you qualify that's a plan.

Offline AWayson1989

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2010, 09:38:40 AM »
My husband already knows everything that is going on with this. And he said it is not a problem, and that we will make it work. Also, I have all the time during the day to spend with my kids, and my ratties. My kids help watch them around play time, the only child of mine that is to young is my son Ricky who will be 1 December 23. But he knows to be careful with the ratties, that they could bite, or that he could hurt them. So, Ricky is not left alone with the ratties. But other then that, all my kids have a ball watching Tinkerbell, Marshmellow, and Bear run around. My oldest two kids are angels, they help with cleaning and we make it fun. They also help me with cleaning the cages. And on top of it all, my husband, kids and I just made a family project . and we made the tote/bin cage. I will take pictures of it, now, and later when it is completely done. The girls love it. But when it is closer to the babies to be due, then we have a seperator for the middle so the girls have their own sides.  will be adding pictures of this bin/tote cage in a few minutes. ;D

Offline RatFanSA

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2010, 12:38:08 PM »
Is half the tote big enough for each litter?

Offline AWayson1989

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2010, 12:45:13 PM »
i am sure it is, but if not my husband and i agreed to make/get another one. i didnt realize how hard it was to make that tote/bin. but all in the end it turned out great. soon as camera is done charging will add pictures of inside and outside of the cage/bin

Offline AWayson1989

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2010, 04:38:45 PM »

this is the inside of the tote/bin

this is what the outside looks like. (both sides look this way)

this is the cage/bin i made for the girls.

does this look big enough where i can divide this in half, for each of them to have their own side to seperate the babies and moms to be when its time.

if not i can go and get another tote/bin to make another one for either girl

Offline Hippidy

• Posts Too Much!
  • aka Christy
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2010, 04:42:30 PM »
I'm not sure how big it should be but if you could post what the measurement are (LWH) I'm sure some one can let you know if it's big enough.

Offline Eluin Gentry

• Posts Too Much!
  • Northern Michigan Rat Rescue Adoption Coordinator
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2010, 04:47:44 PM »
It looks more than big enough. Dimensions will help to make sure of that though. Looks like you did a great job putting it together.

Offline AWayson1989

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2010, 04:54:22 PM »
thank you and i had alot of help from the husband lol, due to i couldnt get the plastic cut. lol but 42" L X 20.5" W X 17" H

thank you, i think the hubby and i did good. well my 3 year old helped too lol well tired too

Offline BlueBalloon

• Posts Too Much!
  • You say "Rats!" like it's a bad thing
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2010, 04:54:58 PM »

Umm, not to start a debate but I would think having 3 kids by 21 just means you don't know how to use birth control or keep your legs shut. Not that you have to lie about everything or that your somehow a more responsible person because you gave birth.
Owned by:
-2 Cats
-2 Rats
-1 Snake

Offline Eluin Gentry

• Posts Too Much!
  • Northern Michigan Rat Rescue Adoption Coordinator
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »

Umm, not to start a debate but I would think having 3 kids by 21 just means you don't know how to use birth control or keep your legs shut. Not that you have to lie about everything or that your somehow a more responsible person because you gave birth.

This is completely unnecessary. Nothing the OP is asking about has anything to do with human birth control or how many kids a person should have by what age. Yes, the OP has made some mistakes but she is trying to shape things up and do what is right for her rats. You have no right to pick on things that have nothing to do with her care of her animals. The topic at hand was whether her cage is big enough.
Please don't try to start trouble.

Offline AWayson1989

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2010, 05:02:42 PM »
first of all, i have a stepdaughter, but i dont go and say that she is i just say she is my daughter, and my two boys are by the same man. and about birth control i cant take it due to a blood clot in my left leg that i got after my first son was born, and i wont go into detail cause thats my business. but i am not being rude, but i understand where your coming from, i guess i should have made it clearer that my third kid is my stepdaugter but i just say she is mine, cause she tells me all the time to adopt her. but that is fine, i understand what you were saying and i am not trying to start anything either.