Author Topic: Official Request-A-Vet Thread.  (Read 135054 times)

Offline jeepharm

• Posts Too Much!
  • Efram, my sweet baby boy! 6/03-6/04
    • Rat Cards
Re: Official Request-A-Vet Thread.
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2005, 03:20:40 PM »
Hello,

My friend's daughter is away at school with her rats and is in need of a vet.  She accidentally moved her chair and caught her paw.  She is in contact with her vet at home, but that's 8 hours away.

She's at Temple University in Pennsylvania.

Please email me at onlineswa@yahoo.com

Thanks for the help!

(Yes, I did check the "vet thread", but didn't see any listed.)

Ann & my gorgeous boys Avory, Elam, Iverson, Owen, Urie, Noah & Reuben! 
Enjoy the yogie bar Efram!
Rat Cards
My beautiful boys anxiously waiting for me at the bridge: Muskey, Lucy, Lars, Bailey, Binks, Efram, Owen, Iverson, Urie, Avory, Elam, Reuben, Noah & Remi.

Offline damiandawg

• Ritten
    • Yeepet: Pets, People, Possibilities
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2005, 03:03:59 PM »
Hello:
I live in downtown Los Angeles, CA and am looking for a nearby vet who has experience with rats and won't charge (a poor college student) outrageous fees. I'm worried my newest rat is developing pneumonia, and need someone close and soon. Thanks!
"Dogs think every day is Christmas" - Ray Bradbury

Offline ratsamongus

• Posts Too Much!
  • ~ rats are magic ~
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2005, 01:57:30 AM »
Has anyone here had any experience with a good vet in Tucson, AZ... specifically with neuters?  I live south of Tucson but our vets here are not really experienced with rats and are also extremely expensive.  Thanks for the help...!

Offline Countess Arabella

• In Memory of the Countess Arabella: July 18th 2003
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2005, 07:14:21 PM »
Hoping someone can give me a good small animal vet / rattie doctor?
 I'm about 30 miles outside of Atlanta and can drive a little bit, but I'd much rather not drive too too far , for the boys sake.
"Before you judge a person, walk a mile in their shoes, then if you find out you really don't like them.. you're a mile away,... and you have their shoes."

My Countess Arabella, Schubert,Lucius and NIMH. Rest well and Play hard my babies. I love and miss you.

Offline gonefrizzin

• Rats Are Friends, Not Food
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2005, 11:38:35 AM »
How about Springfield, MA??  I saw the post about central Connecticut, but thats over an hour away from me.  Anyone have any suggestions? All resources I can find about "rat-friendly" vets on the internet are outdated. Also, Im just a college student, money is real tight  :confused:

Rattie X-Men: Gambit, Bishop and Cable

Offline laurie

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2005, 03:18:24 PM »
I'm looking for a rat experienced vet (surgery) in Northeast GA. The Athens area would be OK, but Atlanta is 100 miles away. I have a vet close by for colds or things but I don't like her odds for surgery survival 50%.

Offline SimplyCathleen

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2005, 02:12:02 PM »
I live on the Eastren SHore of Viriginia, I saw there where some vets listed in Virginia, but my problem is the Cheaspeke Bay Bridge, Im only 16, and i cant drive over a 17 mile bridge, by my self, my parenst dont like my rats, neither do my friends....So

I was woundering, Does anyone know a Vet Around the Eastren Shore Area, in VA or MA?
Rats-
Romeo
Scarlet
Dogs-
Snoopy
Fish-
Dori

Offline Kiko

• Happiness is a warm rattie
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2005, 02:39:18 PM »
SimplyCathleen- there is quite a long list of vets in Virginia if you scroll down on this site.  I don't live in Virginia, but I found this site- it's helped many with their state's vets (It lists all the recommended vets from members of that site in each state on it.)  Definately worth checking out! http://www.ratfanclub.org/vetref.html

Offline Clue92

• Ritten
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2005, 07:34:20 PM »
:rattysmiley:
hi this is my first time here and i would like to know if anyone knows where i can get a vet that won't charge me $60 per furry rat for visit and $260 for each of my guys to get fix.. i live in Brampton, ontario canada and there seems to be only 1 vet that seem to know something about rats... please any infor would be grately appriciated especially from tigger and Roo

Offline knuckles

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Lightening
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2005, 10:10:25 PM »
Goosemoose has a new feature to help people look for vets.  Check under the main home page, vet Directory, about half way down the left hand side. Or you can find it under the resource menu at the top of this page, click on vet directory.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 11:01:44 PM by Goosemoose »

Offline Tparker

« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2005, 01:23:34 AM »
Hey, still looking for a rat vet in western Pennsylvania.  People around here think of my girls as either food for something bigger or as icky things they set traps for! :o  If anyone has any helpful info, please, please, please contact me.  I've asked around here and the vets all laugh at me for wanting to bring in my rats.  :-  :worry:

Thanks. :BlueDumboSmile:

Naomi, and the girls: Edward and Monkey.

There were two articles written about my vet "DR. MIKE" as the Rat Doctor!  his name is Dr. Mike Hutchinson   his practice is called Animal General  it's in laSalle Plaza in cranberry pa... i do not know the phone number (i'm currently living in New York for school so it's not one of those need to know numbers right now)  He is a really good rat guy!  I HIGHLY suggest him!

Offline damiandawg

• Ritten
    • Yeepet: Pets, People, Possibilities
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2006, 03:12:17 PM »
Hey I need a vet ASAP for my rat, but I live in the 90007 area code in Los Angeles, CA and don't know any vets that take care (or are knowledgable) about rodents. I would definitely prefer one that wouldn't charge inordinate fees, but I'd take most anything as of now. Thanks.
"Dogs think every day is Christmas" - Ray Bradbury

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2006, 01:30:47 PM »
Hi damandawg,
 I use a vet out in Montclair which is about 35-40 minutes for you who is a great rat vet. Check out her information in our Vet Directory (under resources at the top of the site). Her name is Dr. Batt and there is a Dr. Lidikay there who is also an awesome vet to my previous ratties.
My Day Job: Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software - Allows any inspector using Windows or Mac to create easy to read reports that can be quickly uploaded online, or printed out on the job site.

Offline punksjunk

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2006, 12:30:48 PM »
PLEASE READ!!!

I know a lot of you are concerned about your animals, and costs seem pretty high. Take the time to search online for a vet clinic near you that specializes in exotics as well--this usually means they care for smaller rodents, including rats, e.g. not just specializing in cats and dogs.

DO use yellowpages.com and google/yahoo local. I just found an additional vet clinic nearby (6 miles away) which offers 50% off new clients first visit exams. There are lots of these offers floating around; do NOT be afraid to call and ask!!! I've called plenty of clinics asking how much the office visit fee is, and also if they were offering discounts.

Lastly, good luck! and good health.

in loving memory of monty. he is dearly missed.

Offline Rowena

• Critters-N-More
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2006, 02:34:58 PM »
Anyone know of a good vet in the Carson City, Nevada area? I would even be willing to go into Reno, Fernley or Fallon...

Thanks!
Critters-N-More
quality toys, fleece and wood products for your critter!
New Items being added to the site daily!

Offline BBRune

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2006, 01:20:51 PM »
Anybody know any vets in RI? I have a vet for my dog and cat, but he isnt much good with small animals; he tries, but he just doesnt have the experience. PM me, with responses if you have one, please! Thanks!

Offline bcMary05

• Ritten
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2006, 06:46:44 PM »
Does anyone know of a vet in or around worcester, MA? Figure I ought to find one before i even buy my rats, right??

Offline GretchenT

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2006, 07:48:56 AM »
Anyone know of a great vet near Brownsburg, Indiana? Avon, PLainfield, Speedway are all nearby as well. Ive only found two! Hoping to find out about more through here! thanks!
GretchenT
Mommy to 5 great kids,1 huge lab, 1 adorable bun, and head over heels in love with my 3 new rat girlies!

Offline turbosquabbit

• Mine!
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2006, 08:26:46 PM »
Does anyone know of a good rat vet in Columbus, OH? Two of the vets on the recommended vet list are no longer here, and the other one is the one I'm going to now. I'm not completely happy with him.

Offline yogurtdrops

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2006, 08:57:34 AM »
Hi
I'm from South Africa, Johannesburg. I'm looking for a vet to help me with my girls. We think Mocca has heart problems and Latte has depression because she senses her sister is ill. Please can anybody help me,I love my girls so much and I'm so very very worried. Please help!!!! :-[
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 09:02:28 AM by yogurtdrops »

Offline babygirl12

• ^^I Love You Guysz =]
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2006, 03:44:11 PM »
Anyone know a good vet in WI? Somewhere near Madison or Sunprairie, or Monona, somewhere around there. Thanks.
PLAYiNGG AT THA BRiDG3;; My 2 lil babiesz,, Lily && Ivory. [[Those 2 peas in a pod rattiesz]] May 2006 - September 2008
I Luv Yhu Girlsz!! =]]

Offline Poisonetta

• Posts Too Much!
  • Everybody Cares, Everybody Understands
    • My Myspace
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2006, 02:53:40 PM »
Looking for a low-cost place to neuter my boy... the only pklace I have found so far that even does rats quoted 157 dollars!

I'm in Ventura, CA

I can travel to oxnard, but not much further.
The fuzzy ones have taken over my brain! 

"Giiiiiive usssss yooooggggiiiiesssssssss"

Mother and Companion to Joanna, Laksme, Tompkins and Leopold.

Offline Kat

Re: Looking for a vet in Pittsburgh, PA
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2006, 10:53:47 PM »
Could you tell me how much they charge for nuetering and give me their phone number?
Thanks!
Kat

Offline Maxxsgirl

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2006, 05:45:18 PM »
Looking for a vet around Westchester,NY.  I love the vet I have, but he's charging OVER $900 for a tumor removal, and if there is another vet in my area that is as good as my vet, I have to look into it.
RIP Brindle, Chalky, Rocky, Raymond, Baby my baby, Tilty and Deja <3.
Owned by Binnie, Sophie, Lilee, and Samson

Offline Jem

• Netsofa
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2006, 07:42:00 AM »
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good vet around Vancouver, BC (Canada)? I'd like to take my two girl rats in for a check-up later this month ^^ (just wanna see if there healthy, or if I missed something). One on the lower end of the price range would be helpful too ^^;. Thank you!