Author Topic: Tail wagging!?  (Read 4320 times)

SADCAT

Tail wagging!?
« on: April 07, 2003, 04:03:15 PM »
Wow, I've never seen a rat do this! Last night Oswald was in an exceptionally good mood, and I was playing with and rubbing him and all of a sudden he starts to wag his tail! I can only compare it to the ear fluttering my girls do when they're in heat, but he was "fluttering" his tail! LOL.. It was very strange, yet adorable.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 04:03:47 PM by SADCAT »

Offline Korfa

• I'm a llama!
Re:Tail wagging!?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 04:12:37 PM »
My rat use to do that when she was extremely mad! but you said Oswald was is a good mood so I guess its different from rat to rat! Its sounds like you ended up with some really good boys. You still going to fix them and stick them with the girls? OR have you already done this?

SADCAT

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 04:16:13 PM »
Its sounds like you ended up with some really good boys. You still going to fix them and stick them with the girls? OR have you already done this?

Yeah, I did end up with some goofy, cute boys! They get neutered next month (after they turn four months old), then I guess I've got another three weeks to wait before I attempt any introductions. They're starting to outgrow their cage though, so they've started fighting with each other. I'm probably going to have to attempt to break into the shed (still covered in a sheet of ice) and try and find a bigger cage for them! They've not hurt one another, but they are keeping me awake every night!  :P

Offline Caitlin

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 12:34:54 AM »
Zelda has done that when I'm petting her.  It is a little strange- looking...

Offline LoveMidnight

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • I love Ratties!
    • Broadway Beads
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 12:40:50 AM »
One of my first rats Bashful did this, her tail moved like a snake when I would lay her in my lap with my legs out and flatten her like a pancake and stroke her back, her tail would start to wiggle hehehe was the funnies thing to see lol :)

-Marie
-Marie, Jay, Andrew and two rat babies!
Beaded RatTailz Jewelry: http://BroadwayBeads.etsy.com

Offline LifeInCircuit

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2003, 10:36:21 AM »
so we're not the only ones...lol. Pudge(my adorable ragdollish masked dumbo)will wag her tail from time to time, for no aparent reason. it's adorable..a little weird, but adorable. My black hooded dumbo will cling to the side of the cage(just happens to be the side of the cage the boys are closest to....)and FREAK out and wag her tail crazily. In fact, she kept me up doing that last night  ::) cute all the same.

Offline TCR

• Simply Irresistible!
    • Triple Crown Rats
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 10:45:03 AM »
I always get a kick out of the tail wagging! I only have one boy that does it now and usually he'll do it when he's running loose on the floor and I think he sees something (or maybe doesn't see it) that he's unsure about. He'll stop and stand perfectly still like a pointer dog in the direction of whatever got his attention and his tail will wiggle and whip.
I have had others do it but in a more aggressive manner as if they seemed to want to pick a fight...though a fight would never start. They'd slowly walk over, and usually try to get under the other rat, and then you see that tail wiggling. It sure is funny looking though!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2003, 11:27:22 AM by TCR »
Owned by: Kahega, Chilukki, Gaviola, Arazi, Gander, Ella Bella, Gemelo, Arromanches, Rubiano, Starine, Tinosa, Vesta, Balto Star, Hap, Nasello, Obeah, Slick, Spike, Celera, Cozzene, Farda Amiga, Giaco, Glacken, Paseana, Sakhee, Got Milk, and Nuala.

SADCAT

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 11:15:39 AM »
Now that I think about it, it's possible Ozzy was doing it in a more aggressive or even protective way. He was cuddling in my lap and Lewis was running around... those two hate each other all of a sudden.  :P Hopefully neutering will put a stop to that.

Offline ckhs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Get past the tail, give rats a chance
    • Any Rat Rescue
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2003, 11:42:50 AM »
My girls do that from time to time when they are very excited and playing with me. Hanna did it alot when we were doing intros to the boys. She would get all huffy and puffy and wiggle her tail, in that case it was an aggression thing...she's a brat. ;)

Some_gurl

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2003, 02:26:32 PM »
My one girl, Killer, will do it ALL THE TIME when her and Amilio are out...They don't get along. For her at least, I think it'z an agression thing...

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2003, 02:36:43 PM »
My Baldy used to do that.  He did it when he was excited...

Recently my hubby saw Peek doing it.  She, however, was in the process of tussling with Rogue, our alpha rat.  So I guess it was an agressive show...  Maybe it's kinda like cats?  They wag their tails when they're angry, and also when they're stimulated/excited.