Author Topic: 7rats + shampoo + water = a lot of really cute PIX!! (updated-hope pix work now)  (Read 10927 times)

Offline NJartRat

• I wish I were a llama
    • My Ratties
Well, if you're wondering where that 7th rat popped into the gang, shes my new rattie. She was going to just be a foster rattie until I could find her a new home, since her owner was moving from NY to HI and didnt know what to do with "Hester", so I offered to take her. Well, shes such a sweetheart, and I just cant give her up. I mean, what's 1 more rattie anyway?? She's only getting along with the other rats out of the cage; as soon as I put her in their cage, all hell breaks loose. So, I'm starting over and going to do a slower introduction process....Anyway, on Sunday they all got a bath....Yay! Pictures! My moms digital camera was broken for 6+mths and I was dieing without it, so she bought me one last month for my birthday!!! (sorry the pix are big!)

This is the only decent picture of all 7 of them together....from left to right:
Hester, Jag, Angel (kicking away Sam...haha...she's not fond of the boys), Sam, Star, Deuce, Hailey

All the other pictures are here: http://community.webshots.com/album/68931944Yyhttw

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think! hehe  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 08:38:28 PM by NJartRat »
*~Katie~*

Hailey, Star, Angel, Sam, Hester, Heffy

R.I.P. Deuce....i miss u and will always love u. you were the pimpdaddy rat.
R.I.P. Jag...you were too young to die. ill never forgive myself...i love u

Ensie

Re:7rats + shampoo + water = a lot of really cute PIX!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 08:29:12 PM »
I didn't know there were all square ratties with identical red "X"s in the middle. ::)

Offline Heather

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 08:30:33 PM »
I see one pic, and it's absolutely adorable! However, the others have red X's in them. :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Offline sarahspins

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 08:35:51 PM »
I don't see any pics.. but I'm bathing 20 something rats that I am taking to the show.. FUN.. NOT!!  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Offline DebW

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • "That teacher with all the weird animals!"
They actually look like they're enjoying it!  What did you bribe them with?

Deb and the wonderful memories of all the past fur kids I've known and loved.

Ensie

The pictures are cute! Everybody got a nice warm cuddle afterwards, right?

Offline NJartRat

• I wish I were a llama
    • My Ratties
They actually look like they're enjoying it!  What did you bribe them with?

Suprisingly they didnt mind it....I guess the temperature was just right or they liked the shampoo in the water to make sort of a bubble bath effect. hehe...because they usually get washed in the sink, and that doesnt go too well....my hairless was eating the bubbles, it was so funny! I'm assuming this is fine if she eats the bubbles since I got this shampoo from my vet for like $15, and it's a soap-free shampoo!
*~Katie~*

Offline sagsgerbils

• Splinter
    • Prospect Street Rattery
i was able to see the pictures by clicking on the link. Cute pictures. My boys do no like the bath tub at all - thought  I have a few cute pictures of them in the tub. :)

Cute babies all around!
Sarah and the Rats of Prospect Street Rattery
The girls: Mary Jane, Levina, Abby, Uno, Daisy Mae, Taylor, Mya, Icon, Pixel, Chiara, Josephine, Allie, Squirt, Kenzi, Blinkie and Fiona
The boys : Jesse, Psycho, Rascal, Kody, Rudy, Oliver, Splinter, Chopper, Dylan, Chester, and Keeper Jeremiah.

Offline jo.lin

• Posts Too Much!
  • *sniff sniff* you smell like a treat!
    • Purple Mountain Productions
wow!  i'm amazed at how well your rats behaved!  my boys definitely would not tolerate something like that!
//Jo, Taki and Bosco
May you rest in peace Oz and Monkey
Purple Mountain Productions

Dorothy

Wow..that's incredible. They really look as if they are having a great time.  I wonder if my ratties would do the same?!  ..Hmm..Most likely not.  Great pictures!

Anna

*goes to look just to see the wet  naked rat*

Offline ruthiechan

• Posts Too Much!
  • Ph34r!
    • Ruthiechan.net
w00t!
Soap free bubbles?
What brand is it? Maybe I can get some from my vet sometimes and try the same thing for my ratties.
~Ruthie
"Fear is the opposite of faith." -Susan W. Tanner
www.ruthiechan.net
www.n3f.org

Offline Rose

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rodentia Dementia!
Gack!  How cute!  Love the little nekkid one.
Beware of SARS-Suddenly Acquired Rat Syndrome

Offline Kathleen

• Posts Too Much!
  • R.I.P. Delilah
I couldn't see anything 'till I used the link, but, my goodness, they are soo cute! I love bath time pics...ratties always look so sweet when they're soaked!

*Kathleen contemplates bathing those dirty ratties in order to cheer herself up

Offline BabyBlue

• Posts Too Much!
You're a brave brave woman, bathing 7 rats all at once. I can no longer do that, they've learned to jump straight out of the tub and I end up with a bunch of wet angry rats running around crazily in my bathroom :P I'm surprised you got all of them to sit still for you! ;D

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
How cute!

Can I borrow a couple for my rat bath page? Full credit, all that. I just like to have a "Drowned Rat Gallery" to go with the cheeky bathing directions.  ;)

http://www.ratsrule.com/bath.html

Offline Bonnie

• Posts Too Much!
  • Professional Treat Dispenser
How adoreable! I was giggling and Jeremy asks me what I was looking at and I say

"Rats taking a bath!"

He says "Yeh, like WE'LL ever see that..."

Lol..

I espeically love the hairless.... a naked rat in the bath! Heehee...
~Bonnie~

www.petfinder.com --Adopt a pet, save a life!

Offline Ratinterrupted

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ratinterrupted
I love the naked one looking like a back side of a plucked chicken hanging over the bath!  :-*
Those are awesome pictures!
Ratinterrupted Ashley <br /><br /><br />*~Ace my best friend, my love & life I will miss you~*~Bear my boo boo love

Offline NJartRat

• I wish I were a llama
    • My Ratties
You're a brave brave woman, bathing 7 rats all at once. I can no longer do that, they've learned to jump straight out of the tub and I end up with a bunch of wet angry rats running around crazily in my bathroom :P I'm surprised you got all of them to sit still for you! ;D

They were pretty good, but at one point Hester ran up my arm and got stuck in my hair. It took me a couple minutes to get her out. Ahhh! hehe
*~Katie~*

Offline NJartRat

• I wish I were a llama
    • My Ratties
How cute!

Can I borrow a couple for my rat bath page? Full credit, all that. I just like to have a "Drowned Rat Gallery" to go with the cheeky bathing directions.  ;)

surely! Knock yourself out! :)
*~Katie~*

Offline SupaPFunk

• Who's yo daddy???
    • Just my boring site
I though that too!!!  (that the one looked like a slimy chicken!!))

Lol!
Yay for rattie baths.  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline angelratgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • why do rat noses fit so perfectly in your ears...
it's soo rare to get "water" rats. (you know, the kind that would jump in the toilet just because they love to splash around)

sssoooo cute! cute, cute, cute, cute, cute!

Offline kim

• Posts Too Much!
  • high drive
    • I Dream of OTCH
heres a stupid question -- sam and jag ARE neutered, right? sam looked intact in some of the pics  ???

anyways, maybe bathing ALL my rats at once would make it easier on them -- what do you think? they certainly dont appreciate baths normally...
ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, CDX ASCA-CD CD-H RE RL1X  RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC VC FFX-OG
Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD-H RN RL1 WAC YTT PTT CGC

Offline PA_Ratopia

• Posts Too Much!
  • My Sweet Nimmahlou
AWWWW! Jag looks SO happy! I'm so glad he's got such a great ratmom as you  :BlueDumboSmile: .
His mom and brothers send their love and hellos... And Chev would like to let him know he's getting a foster buddy too! I talked to a friend who's sending a beige hooded boy to my safe keeping, it looks like he'll be staying too.
I LOVE your new girl, she's so cute! Is she top eared? Otherwise she looks a LOT like Hailey in the pictures.
Hehe, Chevy had to suffer through a bath today too... poor baby! :BlueDumboBigEyes:
PAR
"In my life's chain of events, nothing was accidental." - Hannah Senes

Offline NutKitty

• Posts Too Much!
HAHAa...  I noticed all the "gifts" they left in the water.. and in the little slats of the sliding bathroom door.  *grin*

My fave was the naked rat butt!!!!!!!!  hahahahaaa!

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
How cute!

Rock. Thanks. ;)

Offline NJartRat

• I wish I were a llama
    • My Ratties
heres a stupid question -- sam and jag ARE neutered, right? sam looked intact in some of the pics  ???

anyways, maybe bathing ALL my rats at once would make it easier on them -- what do you think? they certainly dont appreciate baths normally...

No, they're not neutered...but I did keep a real close eye on them. i never let them out of my sight while they were in the tub. None of the boys even tried anything, they were just swimming around having fun.
*~Katie~*

Offline NJartRat

• I wish I were a llama
    • My Ratties
How cute!

Rock. Thanks. ;)

Yay! my ratties are famous! hehe. thanks!
*~Katie~*