Author Topic: Good news Bad news..tumors..what to do??  (Read 2821 times)

Offline SugarPlum

• Posts Too Much!
  • You wanna another yogie!?!?
Good news Bad news..tumors..what to do??
« on: April 08, 2003, 10:16:02 PM »
      Will this never end?!? First the good news Lola tumor disappeared (I am still going to get her spayed though). And the really really bad news is Paisly got another tumor. This one is hard and round and the size of a small gumball. I am so upset.
      I am going to call the vet tomorrow. What should I do!?! :'( ?!? Her surgery was a only last thur. I could die I feel so bad, why Paisly, why me ??? I just don't understand.
    Is there pills or something, or if she was another surgery (can she have another surgery so soon??) will she be ok?? I feel so hopless and helpless....
...Live like theres no tomorrow, you never know which breath will be your last...

Ensie

Re:Good news Bad news..tumors..what to do??
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 10:29:31 PM »
I'm sorry. I wish I could say something more comforting than that. Talk to your vet. I can't believe that another tumor came up so fast. :-[

stripedrats

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 12:51:10 AM »
if it's hard, that means it's probably capsulated and would be easy and quick to remove. Get your rattie to the vet as quickly as possible and go to a search engine and search for- Pau D'Arco.

Offline BabyBlue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 10:24:04 AM »
OMG I'm so sorry. Where is it this time? Hopefully Dr Saver can give you a better idea on what to do. I'm really sorry all this is happening. (((HUGS))) to you and Paisly :(

Offline Sam

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 11:39:44 AM »
I've had my two girls on tamoxifen for tumors for about a month and a half.  The Tumors have grown, but very slowly.  Surgery isn't a great option for these two since they have had resp probs their whole lives and they are both 2 yrs old.  It's an option.

I hope this works out!
My ratties are Bria and Cally.  Over the Bridge are Baby, Tim and Boo Boo

Offline SugarPlum

• Posts Too Much!
  • You wanna another yogie!?!?
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2003, 02:52:42 PM »
     I am going to call my vets now and see what they say. The new tumor is on the same side as the old tumor (and in a place that the old tumor grew to, but not where the old tumor started) , but it feels different-it harder. :worry: I'll keep everyone up dated, and thanks for the support.
    Added: Thanks Sam I'll ask about the tamoxifen, maybe it'll work for me too. Thank again.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2003, 02:57:43 PM by SugarPlum »
...Live like theres no tomorrow, you never know which breath will be your last...

Offline Adventure Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • Moose says, "Get in my Belly"
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2003, 02:59:30 PM »
If your vet is using isoflorane to put them under then another sugery shouldn't be a problem. The best person to ask though is you vet. Good luck, I'm dealing with tumors also right now and it's hard. This girl just came to me and deserves the chance her previous owners didn't want to give her.

(((HUGS)))