Author Topic: How do I post photos please??  (Read 2818 times)

Offline vtiley

• Ritten
How do I post photos please??
« on: May 15, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »
Hi all.  I would like to post some pics of birdies for adoption but don't know how.  Can someone help please?  Many thanks in advance!  :)

Offline aem3055

Re: How do I post photos please??
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 04:19:56 PM »
Hi!!! :) Welcome!

This takes some figuring out! Firstly, this site won't upload photos directly, so they have to first be uploaded to a picture hosting site like Photobucket or the like. Once there, copy the "direct link". On your post here, click the "insert image" button (second row, right under the "BOLD" button) and  will show up with your cursor in the middle of the two "[img]" thingeys.... paste your link code in the middle. When you think you have it right, click "preview" below this text box to make sure it looks like you want it to!

Hope this helps!
Can't wait to see your photos!! :)
Amy M... Momma to 3 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat & 5 rats

Offline vtiley

• Ritten
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 04:31:56 PM »
Great thanks.  I will try it!  Do you happen to know if i can I post a link to Facebook picture?  Also, I see that you are a rat mommy! I have 4 ratties of my own.  :)

Offline aem3055

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 04:51:20 PM »
Hmmm... I've never tried with FB... only with image hosting sites... There may be a way, but every time I get the little blue boxed question mark like this:

I signed up with Photobucket just for the purpose of posting pictures here... it was free and relatively painless! ;)

Offline aem3055

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 04:52:17 PM »
And once you figure it out, I'd love to see pictures of your 4 ratties!!!  :wink5: We LOOVE those cute little faces around here!!  :heart: :heart:

Offline mutewolf

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 06:50:43 PM »

You need to use the image url, not the FB page url. ;) Right click on the photo and copy image url then stick that between the [img] tags
The Seeing Wolf
handcrafted vulture culture designs

Offline aem3055

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »

You need to use the image url, not the FB page url. ;) Right click on the photo and copy image url then stick that between the [img] tags

Hey.. that's the FB image I was trying!!! You're a GENIUS!!!!  :bow: