Author Topic: Rescue Kitten  (Read 1616 times)

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
Rescue Kitten
« on: June 29, 2014, 04:41:36 PM »
We rescued this sweet stray kitten from the neighbors a few days ago. This is the 2nd cat we took from this house. Someone hit a kitten in the road and she would sit in the spot where it died for 2 days straight. It was so sad. She started to follow us to our house and we had to save her. She was covered in bugs so she got a good bath before she got settled in our home. She is in a separate room at the time being. She is skinny but eating & drinking good. I'm not totally sure her age but hubby thinks 6 months. We think she is a she but not sure. Her ear looks like it's clipped from a trap and neuter. She loves attention, purrs quietly & loves her tummy rubbed. Our neighbor has over 30 feral cats in his back yard and glad she got away. I can't imagine what she has been through.

These pics are before we gave her a bath

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: Rescue Kitten
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 05:19:23 PM »
Poor girl.  I'm glad she's with you now.  :)

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 05:29:38 PM »
Thank you Marybelle :)

Offline mutewolf

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 05:48:36 PM »
Poor thing. Definitely looks like a TNR clipped ear. I'm glad you're choosing to take care of her though.

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 06:56:50 PM »
I thought maybe too that she got attacked but it's a clean cut so I think you are right it's a TNR ear. Thank you!

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 09:29:46 PM »
Such a beautiful kitty!  Congratulations (to her, also).

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 11:26:55 PM »
Thanks! She is missing 2 bottom teeth but I noticed she has a tooth coming in on the top & didn't know that about kitties. So hopefully those bottom 2 will come in. I'm all new to kitties lol.

Offline RattieEnthusiast

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 07:23:52 AM »
Looks like a cutie, how is she doing now?

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 10:26:23 AM »
Looks like a cutie, how is she doing now?

She is doing much better after the vet visit. We did get a shock she isn't a kitten. Our vet said between 6-8 years old! I couldn't believe it. When the vet looked at her she sat us down and asked what we wanted to do she is in bad shape. She knew she was a stray so maybe that is why. She is so tiny that they used kitten revolution on her. FeLV & FIV came back negative so that was good news :) She had some bad bacteria in her ears so we are putting meds in her ears for that. She was dehydrated also for some reason maybe from the bugs? Her gums were pale and she didn't want to give her vaccines just yet. So they gave her sub q for that. Her personality is coming out more. She knows when she is getting wet food and makes little peeps. She is very loving though. I made sure to have the vet scan her for a chip but nothing was found. It's sad someone just threw her out because she is so sweet. She just wants to be loved.

Offline RattieEnthusiast

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 10:42:24 AM »
We rescued a stray ourselves last year that weighed 6 pounds, severely underweight for his frame. He had a really badly infected eye that we weren't sure if he was blind in and parasites galore. No shelter was able to take him in without assuring us he wouldn't be put down will all his issues and it was Augusts kitten season so a total nightmare finding a shelter that had the room. Anyway, your girl kinda reminds me of our situation back then because the vet guessed he was young (1-2 years) because he was so small and due to his teeth but it turned out he was microchipped 4 years prior to us finding him when someone adopted him from a shelter and he was actually at least 7 years old! Anyway, she seems like a sweetie. I hope it all works out for you.

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 11:53:03 AM »
Oh that is so sad :( How did he ever survive being blind wow. So glad you found him though! She is putting on weight so that is a good sign. She is a good eater, loves treats & we are feeding her nutrical with it too. So I really hope she keeps getting better & we can introduce her to our other cat. Right now our other cat is scared & jealous of her lol

Offline RattieEnthusiast

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 12:24:07 PM »
It ended up being a severe infection but he didn't go blind! He had his eye glued shut so we were worried he was blind in that eye but we were fortunate enough to catch it before it got to that stage. We were never able to rehabilitate him though because he was so stressed out by the 2 other kitties in our house. He developed an ulcer in his eye after we got it to look healthy out of stress. We tried those pills that come in plug in adapters to make him more mellowed out but nothing was really helping. We had to put golf balls in his dish because he could not pace his eating even months after getting off the streets. He would always gulp the food way too fast and throw up. We had to give him medications twice a day and eye drops twice a day also which it impossible to bond with him. We were the scary medicine monsters.  :puppy_dog_eyes:He was constantly on edge even when healthy and kept away from the other cats. Sadly, we were not able to keep him as he escaped the house and ran away. Interestingly enough he had a microchip and we were able to track down two of his previous owners, one - the lady who adopted him from the shelter and another - a cat sanctuary who took him in both of whom said he had run away. Despite all his issues, he was a wonderful cat. :(

Offline RattieEnthusiast

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 12:25:01 PM »
Also I am really glad things are looking up for your kitty!  :thumbsup2: :party:

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 04:17:29 AM »
Oh my gosh this is so sad & that poor cat. I am so sorry. I guess some just can't be rehabbed. I can't imagine what the poor cat went through before you found him. You were a angel to help him though  :heart: Wishes there were more people that did this ;)