Author Topic: Murphy 1996-11/24/14  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Murphy 1996-11/24/14
« on: December 06, 2014, 12:01:26 AM »
Well, when I looked the age I had recorded for him earlier in his life, it seems that he might have been 18, rather than 17.  It still wasn't long enough.

Murphy was one cat in a million.  He kept his name when we rescued him because it was so thoroughly HIM.  From the start, he had a bond with my husband that just wouldn't quit.  I could walk into the house and know that hubby wasn't feeling well, because Murphy would be right there next to him, offering comfort and support.  If I was crying, Murphy was right there to let me know that it would be okay.  He was a comforter.  Even at the end, he just wanted to make us feel better.  As hubby sat on the couch and sobbed because it was time, Murphy rubbed on him and let him know it was going to be okay.  He did the same for me at the vet's office.

He was also our door guard and greeter.  It's not quite the same coming home without him waiting in the window, or by the door.  It wasn't that he necessarily wanted anything, he just wanted us to know he was glad we were home.  I miss that so much.

He made a point of sleeping in the one place where he'd be underfoot if we needed to go anyplace in the apartment.  It usually earned him a few foot rubs as we wandered by.   ;)

He let me teach him a few tricks, including sit and up.  When he was younger, he used to jump for us.  And he could jump so high. 

We move on without him, but the house just feels so empty.  For the last few months, every time I'd lie down on the couch to take a nap, he would join me, curled up against my arm.  He forced me to rearrange my napping position to make room for him, but I didn't mind one bit.  It was precious time that I will always remember.

Rest well, my beautiful boy.  Life won't be quite the same without you, but you've left us better people for having you here.

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
Re: Murphy 1996-11/24/14
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 12:09:43 AM »
 :heart: what an awesome guy. Was that last pic near the end? He really looks like he didn't feel well. Poor guy.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 12:49:03 AM »
:heart: what an awesome guy. Was that last pic near the end? He really looks like he didn't feel well. Poor guy.

Yup.  That was just a few days before we decided it was time.

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 01:12:04 AM »
He sounded like a truly great, loving companion. Im so sorry. He lived a good long life. He is still watching over you and his little kitty spirit will still snuggle on the couch with you. :heart:
Rattitude - Hammocks & Treats
rattitudehammocks.etsy.com
youtube.com/allaboutratschannel
facebook.com/allaboutrats

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 05:45:00 PM »
So sorry! Our red tabby Maine Coon, Murphy Muldoon, is 9 or so and I dread the day.
--Best, Mountaintop--