Author Topic: Aww, poor sweet little kitty!  (Read 883 times)

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
Aww, poor sweet little kitty!
« on: October 16, 2015, 06:02:21 PM »
Neal and I are on a motorcycle trip this weekend. Tonight is our last night on the road so we checked into a hotel. Outside the office is a kitten, orange tabby, walking around but being skittish with people.  Of course  I can't bring it home with me, since we're on the bike. I don't think the kitty is even 2 months old. And it could use a good bath and a vet visit. So I told Neal I was going to get some food for it when we were at the store. He said no, but he has a soft heart. (Which is why I've adopted so many ratties through the years, he can say no but then let's me adopt/rescue them :-D)

Anyway,  we go to the store and I stopped in the pet food aisle where he helped me pick out one can of food. We got back to the hotel and I opened the can to let the kitty eat as much as he wanted. He ate the entire 3 ounces of food! Poor little one was starving. I told Neal that he was hungry, or he wouldn't have eaten it all.

The kitten,  who I am calling Skitty, will now come closer to me but not let me touch him. He mews when he sees me, too. I will try to get a picture of him soon. I wish I could take him home!

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
Re: Aww, poor sweet little kitty!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 07:23:34 PM »
Aw :(
I hate seeing poor cats and dogs running around outside. I especially hate when I feed them and they act like they havent had food in a week. The system needs redone for animals. I dont know exactly what needs done, but our society and our system is failing these poor babies. It makes me so sad. I'm sure that little kitty was so thankful for that meal you gave him. Good on you for thinking about the kitties needs. :heart:
Rattitude - Hammocks & Treats
rattitudehammocks.etsy.com
youtube.com/allaboutratschannel
facebook.com/allaboutrats

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 08:02:46 PM »
I got a picture of Skitty, but I can't figure out how to get the picture to post from photobucket to goosemoose. Guess I have to wait until I get back home tomorrow.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 10:52:38 PM »
Poor baby.  :(

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 04:58:47 PM »

Here he is, under the bushes close to our room.  He disappeared during the night but was back this morning as we were packing the motorcycle to head home.  As soon as Skitty saw me, he started walking towards me, mewing and vibrating his tail.  I felt so sad telling him I couldn't take him with me.  One of the housekeepers came over to me and said I could take him with me, that he had been hanging around for about a week and the only food anyone gives him is if anyone picks him up a can of food during their stay, or if she happens to find any food left in a room she gives it to Skitty.

I sure hope someone takes him home!  He is sweet and deserves a nice warm home.