Author Topic: Awww, Abby!!  (Read 746 times)

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
Awww, Abby!!
« on: January 18, 2016, 03:44:28 PM »
Abby is on a diet.  She will be going to the vet next month for a teeth cleaning and I want her to lose some weight before taking her in.  Yes, I've been told to not give her so many treats, so her weight is totally my fault.  She isn't BADLY overweight, but she could stand to lose a bit.  She is missing her treats so much, that she decided the other night to get into the treats I have for the rats, leaving a shredded and empty packet on the floor for me to find the next morning.  Poor Abby!

Abby has been holding a grudge against me for a few days, ignoring my nice warm lap and choosing to lie on Neal's lap, turning her head away when I talk to her, stooping down low to the floor when I try to pet her.  LOL!  But today during lunch we could hear her meowing loudly.  Neal turned to see her coming down the hallway with a present for me!  One of her stuffed toys (squirrel) was in her mouth, and another was laying on the floor where she had dropped it to go get the other stuffed squirrel.  I guess she figures if she brings me toys, I'll give her some treats.

But it isn't like I'm not giving her any treats at all!  I've just cut back on the amount she is getting.  Abby is not a happy-with-mama kitty right now.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: Awww, Abby!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 07:08:29 PM »
Oh the poor baby!  LOL

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 10:49:47 AM »
Prezzies! Glad they were stuffed  ;D
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 09:49:54 AM »
Prezzies! Glad they were stuffed  ;D

We had a kitty who brought us prezzies that WEREN'T stuffed!  The kitty had found a lizard in the apartment somewhere, however it got in, and caught it.  Not such a nice present...

Abby is back to loving me again.  I don't know if she has actually lost any weight, but she is looking slimmer around her middle.