Author Topic: Rabbit thinks litter box is a toy?  (Read 1373 times)

Offline PVTNate

• My dumbo rat Daisy is in this picture!
Rabbit thinks litter box is a toy?
« on: February 26, 2012, 05:44:30 PM »
Okay, so ever since my rabbit has been neutered... he thinks his litter box is a toy. Its one of those litter boxes that go in the corner and they even have locks that you can hock onto the cage! Well I'm pretty sure my rabbits goal is to take those locks off and flip his litter box around. When ever i place his litter box in the corner he chews on it (which is so loud) then he picks it up and pulls it all over his cage and flips it around. It really makes me stress out because i just want him to us it for its purpose! Why is he doing this?  ???
Father of...... 3 rats (Josephine, Daisy, and Sandy), 1 Guinea Pig (Goldey), 1 mouse (Sue), and 2 gerbils (Romeo and Juliet)
*R.I.P Dolly*
*Welcome Sandy*

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Rabbit thinks litter box is a toy?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 12:29:32 PM »
Bunnies are funny some times, they certainly decide their own toys. He obviously thinks of it that way, so why don't you just leave it in his cage as a toy? You can get a larger box that isn't a corner one for a real litter box maybe? He might think of it differently than the old one.
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe