Author Topic: Critter Nation For Dwarf Bunny?  (Read 2525 times)

Offline shimonohanzo

Critter Nation For Dwarf Bunny?
« on: April 29, 2013, 08:18:22 PM »
Can I use a critter nation for a dwarf bunny? ???

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
Re: Critter Nation For Dwarf Bunny?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 10:12:34 PM »
It's not large enough for them, they need the space to run and jump.

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 07:56:29 AM »
I think some people use them for small or baby rabbits.  I know a single is about the size of a large dog crate which some people use for rabbits.. but it's hard to say because usually smaller buns are more active so they naturally should have more space.
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline RatNook

• Posts Too Much!
  • Never judge from the outside.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 03:07:06 PM »
All bunnies need a minimum of a 2 foot by 4 foot enclosure, and the critter nation is just barely 2 foot by 3 foot. Dwarf rabbits may need even more space due to their activity level. So, no you cannot house a dwarf in a critter nation.

If you could buy a cheap enclosure, you can get a dog exercise pen (x-pen) for around $60-70 on amazon. They are 4 foot by 4 foot, so would provide plenty of room.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:09:17 PM by RatNook »
~Alyssa

Offline shimonohanzo

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 03:36:51 PM »
Even though they would only be in there for sleep. They would have free roaming of the house. ???

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 11:31:33 AM »
Even though they would only be in there for sleep. They would have free roaming of the house. ???
I'm guessing you already have one and are trying to make use of it? if it's a double maybe you could take it off the stand and put the two sections side by side for longer space that would be used much better.. or perhaps use an x pen around it at night.
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe