Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 938777 times)

Offline RattiegirlHM

Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2009, 07:48:23 PM »
Before I ordered mine on Allpetfurniture i called all the petsmarts in the area and asked if they had the cage in stock I got told they had it online. Half of them didnt know what i as talking about.

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2009, 08:28:44 PM »
Pics of the cage itself:

Pics of the girls exploring:

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2009, 08:39:05 PM »
I love that rainbow grass fabric! And your girls are absolutely gorgeous!  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2009, 08:41:29 PM »
Aww, thanks! It doesn't match at all with the purple/pink fleece but I really like it to, so oh well. :) The girls don't mind. ;D

Offline Addicted2Rats

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • The *original* Addicted2Ratsİ
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2009, 12:34:41 AM »
YAAAAAAY, Schrute!  You got your cage undamaged!!  I saw the pictures of your book in the other thread and was amazed at what great shape it was in!  I sure hope my second one comes like that.  :)  Your cage looks great!

Deb

Offline RattiegirlHM

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2009, 12:38:20 AM »
you are so lucky you got your cage undamaged. I really hope mine comes like that. **crosses fingers**Patience is not my strong suit when it comes to new rattie stuff LOL :BlueDumboSmile: I would hate to have to wait for another one or replacement parts.

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2009, 02:07:18 AM »
Everybodies cages look so nice  :) YAY my parents agreed to let me get one, so I'm ordering my two story on Monday. I know it's not likely, but I'm hoping I'll get it buy Friday and have all weekend to make more hammocks and such to make it all pretty! AHHH I'm shaking with excitement! ;D ;D ;D
The dogs: Sara and Lola. The kitties: Emy and Molly
Rest in peace my sweeties
 Bella, Riley, Fuzz, Juno and Frederick <3

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2009, 08:44:25 AM »
Thanks! Part of me feels guilty that it came undamaged, kind of like, why mine after so many people have had trouble? I guess I should just be thankful for the fact and not question it.

Like the OP's husband in other CN thread said, you *will* need a hammer to hammer some of the parts back in to place, or else it won't go together right. It's kind of like fitting lego pieces together, hehe.

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »
I posted my CN in the FN thread, like others were doing, but I guess I will post it here, too. This is my CN from last week, cage cleaning today!

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2009, 10:50:17 AM »
You are killing me with the pink, you don't even know....

I need to remember to start buying more pink-themed hammocks. That would be soooooo cute!

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2009, 10:54:14 AM »
You are killing me with the pink, you don't even know....

I am not girly, at all, I'd rather have vintage-like fabrics, blacks, skulls, ect.....but for some reason when I fabric shop...my eyes are drawn to pink girly fabrics. It is annoying to me  :yelcutelaugh:!

I just think that when I make my rat cage vibrant, bright, happy colors...that whenever guests come over, they take to my rats more quickly then if I had a dark colored cage. Though, they do wonder WHY my BOYS have PINK!!

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2009, 10:58:36 AM »
I love the pink... I just, for some reason, never buy pink hammocks. Most of my hammocks are blue, or green, or darker colors. I need to make an order with just pink... bright enough to make people's eyes hurt when they walk in the room. That would be awesome. ;)

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2009, 01:53:13 PM »
Amy...  :yelcutelaugh: you weren't kidding about your boys having pink everywhere!

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2009, 02:01:04 PM »
Amy...  :yelcutelaugh: you weren't kidding about your boys having pink everywhere!

That was the girl's cage, the CN, well....Spice and her babies  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:. I am getting her boys (Jack, Jasper, Harper, and Tucker) used to pink as they grow up, since they will be neutered and might as well blend in with the ladies :yelcutelaugh:!

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2009, 02:32:57 PM »
Cleaned the cage today!

Offline RattiegirlHM

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2009, 03:45:07 PM »
Julztonni97what is that green shelf thing in the upper left of your cage? It looks really cool for another shelf.

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2009, 04:13:48 PM »
It's an add a shelf made by S.A.M.  I used to have it bookmarked but we got a new computer.  I would have to look around where to find one.  I couldn't find it in stores only online.  It is great because the green part comes off to wash, the center is yellow fleece material for them to lay on.

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2009, 07:26:54 PM »
For 32 years of my life I was not girly at all, and pink was right out!  But for some reason, when I hit 33, I began slowly buying pink shirts....pink shoes.....then my ratties got a couple of pink hammies.....then the girls were suddenly decked out in every shade of pink..... :yelcutelaugh:  I'm just going to admit it, I ENJOY pink!!!!  I am a pinkaholic!   :thumbsup2:
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2009, 07:31:50 PM »
Me too! If everything I owned was pink I would be thrilled to death. That is why I am so excited about having the CN for the girls because I can deck it out with PINK. My boys are probably glad they don't have to endure it, haha. :)

Offline lex

« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2009, 07:37:02 PM »
I'd really like to get a two level CN, but that's just not financially possible right now. So I was wondering, how many rats can live comfortably in a one level? Also has anyone ordered one from Petsmart.com? I'm wondering if any have been received from them damaged or in bad condition. Thanks!

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2009, 07:39:54 PM »
12 for a 2 level, 6 for the 1 level.  That's what the cage calculator says.....but personally, I like for them to have more room and I probably wouldn't put more than 4 in a 1 level.  that's just me though.
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline lex

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2009, 07:44:15 PM »
Thanks. I only have two right now, so it shouldn't be an issue. But I just wanted to plan ahead for the future. Is it possible to buy a one level now, and then buy one later and connect the two? Or would I need to buy a full two level one?

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2009, 07:45:45 PM »
I'm fairly certain that you can't connect the CN the way you can the FN.  The two level isn't much more than the single, you could just save up a bit longer and get the double. 

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2009, 07:50:52 PM »
Is it possible to buy a one level now, and then buy one later and connect the two? Or would I need to buy a full two level one?

I plan to buy another one level CN and connect it with my current one level CN, side by side...to form a horizontal cage  :).

Offline kalijo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2009, 07:51:33 PM »
I don't think they have an add on unit for the CN yet, either. But someone mentioned somewhere that you could always buy a second single unit later on and connect them side by side. I connected the two halves of my FN back to back, and used it as the bottom half of my rabbit cage. (The top is made of NIC panels)

(undergunfire beat me to it!)