Author Topic: cage place  (Read 4399 times)

Offline Kendra

• Posts Too Much!
cage place
« on: May 15, 2002, 10:43:29 PM »
Hi all,

I just found a new site that sells rat cages.  I wondered if anyone had used them before.  I don't like to purchase items from places that I have not checked out or at least asked around to see if anyone had had a good/bad transaction with them.  The cages look nice and come in powder-coated.  The site is http://www.buycages.com/rat.html.  The floors are wire, but any I would purchase around here would be, too.  I am currently using the plastic mats that you put on carpet for a chair with wheels, cut to fit in the cage over the wire.  They don't chew it and works well, easy to clean and what not.  Anyhow, back to my original question:  Has anyone had dealings with this company?

Thanks!
Kendra
Ratless

Spiralgirl

Re:cage place
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2002, 10:58:09 PM »
Those are just Martin's cages sold at a mark-up.  You can get them at a better price from http://www.martinscages.com.

Offline Joe

• Posts Too Much!
  • Joe- Bouncer, Hoss, Beige, Domino, and Spook
    • World of Kesem
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2002, 11:27:31 PM »
   I wonder if Martin's knows. I'll send them an E-mail and see.

Offline Kristen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rats are so durned cute!
    • Dive To Blue
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2002, 06:45:10 AM »
And btw, the floors aren't wire, they're drop-in plastic pans.
~If 90% of the people in the world poked themselves in the eye every wednesday, would you do it?~
~Proud mommy of Piper, Anya, and Vegas~
~http://www.divetoblue.org~

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2002, 11:16:12 AM »
Those are definitely Martin's... they didn't even make the effort to alter the page layout... wow.

Martin's probably sells them to Pioneer at wholesale. They MUST know, because the sheer volume of cages going to one addres would be a dead giveaway. I'm sure they must have some sort of wholesale contract with Martin's.

Offline Kendra

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2002, 11:50:25 AM »
Thanks everyone!  I appreciate your letting me know.  I just love that R695.  :)

Kendra
Ratless

Offline Joe

• Posts Too Much!
  • Joe- Bouncer, Hoss, Beige, Domino, and Spook
    • World of Kesem
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2002, 02:12:48 PM »

Martin's probably sells them to Pioneer at wholesale. They MUST know, because the sheer volume of cages going to one addres would be a dead giveaway.

Actually, you'd be surprised how easy it is to order stuff like that in bulk, and not even have the company you're buying from know. I have a friend who had an online business, and he once came across another online company that was selling his stuff, and after having reported them to the BBB, found out when everything was settled that the other company had been making more than he was! Of of his products. It's possible, but if someone wants to put in the extra effort...
  I agree, though. Chances are it's just bought at wholesale and then marked up.

Offline Marianne

• Rat Lover!
    • Cheesy Acres Rattery
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2002, 01:48:53 AM »
They may not even order them until someone buys them. There are other places I have seen Martin's cages too. I sure wish that they would carry them at the stores around me. ;D
Marianne ~Cheesy Acres Rattery~
www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/taiwan/83/