Author Topic: Young rat(s) in Northern New York  (Read 4938 times)

Offline dalester

• Ritten
  • Rat Lover!
Young rat(s) in Northern New York
« on: April 17, 2002, 07:54:46 PM »
The daughter of a friend is a student at a university in northern NY. As part of a psychology(?) class, they were each issued a rat for the spring semester, and given the option of keeping them, or returning them for euthanization. Of course, now that it's about that time, she would prefer to find a good home for "Stuart", as she has grown quite fond of him but cannot take him home with her. I said I'd check out this board to see if there might be anyone interested. I'm told he's still quite young and that he's "black and white". I'm also told he was the brightest in the class. If anyone is interested, please contact me at dalester@adelphia.net. If you're interested in more than one, I'm sure there are others in the class who are in the same situation.

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
Re:Young rat(s) in Northern New York
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2002, 09:17:26 AM »
I can't take him in, but Northern NY is a big place... could we have a town name or nearby "known" location to work with?  ;D

Offline dalester

• Ritten
  • Rat Lover!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2002, 10:12:44 AM »
Oops, good suggestion.  Location is Canton - Potsdam NY.  I'm near Saranac Lake - Lake Placid.  Could use either location for pickup, or I'd be willing to meet someone halfway, or all the way, depending on location. Thanks!

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2002, 10:43:19 AM »
Thanks!  ;D

Yep, too far for me... I'm in Rochester.

Offline DragonTamer

• Posts Too Much!
  • Spider Lovin'
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2002, 02:06:50 AM »
I really really really wish I could take him....

I live near syracuse (central NY), and I'd be willing to drive to nearby states for this rat.  heck, I drive to maryland and back all the time to visit my boyfriend, so it's not a big deal.  

I just get emotional with little rattie experiments..

and heck.. if I could, I would take him... but I have four rats as it is right now, and one of them was without permission (oops, well too bad)

Offline dalester

• Ritten
  • Rat Lover!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2002, 07:52:48 AM »
A shame. Thanks for thinking about it, but if you know of anyone...

Offline Tracy

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2002, 12:12:00 AM »
its kim (posting under a different name)
i know you emailed me about getting some of the rats homes, but my computeris broken and i have to borrow others :)
i would liketo help the rats, but i cant make a commitment right now without more details - how many total, ages, sexes, colors, temperaments, what they will come with, etc.
when would they become available? would you be willing to transport them anywhere towards me in NJ?
email me at ksomjen@yahoo.com
What does not change is the will to change.
Rescue Rats Looking for Love

"People who want their Children to experience the Miracle of BIRTH should first come to an animal shelter and Witness the Sadness of Death/Euthanasia"