Author Topic: looking for breeder in PA, DE or New Jersey  (Read 1963 times)

Offline aaine

• Was there life before rats?
looking for breeder in PA, DE or New Jersey
« on: February 22, 2004, 03:26:48 PM »
I am located in Pennsylvania near Philadelphia.  I would like to know of any breeders in the area.  We can also go to Deleware and New Jersey.  Thanks.

*Edited by Dearpie to include location in the title.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 07:53:18 AM by Dearpie »

Offline SRRodentry

• Spirited Rain Rodentry Of Maryland
Re:looking for breeder
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 06:34:45 AM »
I'm not sure if you could go to Maryland I'm located in union bridge, MD. If you can what are you looking for?
Spirited Rain Rodentry Of Maryland, Breeding Quality Rats,Degus's, Guinea Pigs and Mice.

Offline ruthiechan

• Posts Too Much!
  • Ph34r!
    • Ruthiechan.net
Re:looking for breeder
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 07:49:10 AM »
I believe there are rat rescues in your area.
Just another thought.
~Ruthie
"Fear is the opposite of faith." -Susan W. Tanner
www.ruthiechan.net
www.n3f.org

Offline aaine

• Was there life before rats?
Re:looking for breeder in PA, DE or New Jersey
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 01:08:55 PM »
Maryland is not too far.  We really don't have any specific breed we are looking for.  We have a hooded now(she is 18 months and in good health) and we just lost a feeder from a pet store that my friend rescued and couldn't care for.  She was 14 months.  The vet said it was old age.  We would just like to find a female( or two)>

Offline DeDeCV3

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 05:44:16 PM »
I live near harrisburg & I have 3 females available.  two 5 week old black w/ white stomachs & an agouti rex (11 weeks.  I also have an eight week old albino male & a black w/ white stomach 5 weekd old male.

Offline BabyBlue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 07:42:14 PM »
If you are looking for breeder rats for their better health and temperament, Im sorry to say that I know of no *reputable* breeders in your area. There used to be one I believe, but she has since stopped breeding. If you can get rats from a reputable and ethical breeder, a few hour drive would be WELL worth it tho. Many of us here (in NYC) has gotten our rats from OSED up in MA because she has such excellent rats, and there is another new breeder (but a very good one!) in CT too.

Offline BabyBlue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 07:45:51 PM »
I live in mechanicsburg & am looking to adopt some boys.  Is it the humane society here in mechanicsburg?  If not, which one is it & do you know their hours.
Im sorry, but arent you adopting out the rats you already have, that you got from a petstore cuz you got *caught up in the moment*? I dont mean to be rude, but wouldnt it make more sense to keep the rats you already have, instead of getting rid of them and looking for more somewhere else? ???

Offline DeDeCV3

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2004, 12:05:32 AM »
Yes, it might make more sense to keep the ones I already have...but here's the thing.....Before I bought the four feeders at the pet store, I already had ten rats(mom, dad & 8 babies) and seeing as I only have two smaller sized cages, I knew I would only be able to keep maybe 6 out of the 14(3 boys & 3 girls) & would have to adopt the other 8 out.  So you can critisize me if you want, but all I was trying to do when buying the 4 feeders was to save them from becoming snake food.  Also, the reason I am looking for more boys is because of the four i've adopted out so far, they were all boys & I have a few more people interested in boys....so, once again, all i'm trying to do is save some rats & find them a loving home....whether or not i personally keep them or adopt them out depends on the rats & the people adopting them because I am willing to adopt out all but two, the mom and dad....which im very attached to....the other eight I will either adopt out or keep.

Also, I just designed a cage that i hope to start building this weekend....36 square feet, so I can hopefully keep & do foster care for a few more rats.