Author Topic: Official Request-A-Vet Thread.  (Read 139507 times)

Offline undine

• I'm a llama!
Re: Official Request-A-Vet Thread.
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2008, 05:17:05 PM »
My husband and I are looking for a vet in NoVA who is good with rats and won't break the bank... Scott Stahl has been mentioned and, yes, he is totally awesome (we took one of our boys in to see him about bumblefoot once, and his knowledge was thoroughly impressive).  However, he is also incredibly expensive (even the insanely overpriced dingbats at Eastern Exotics who charged us $860 for an emergency neuter [from a nasty bite down there] are cheaper).  Any recs would be very much appreciated!

Offline Accidental Damage

• Posts Too Much!
    • One Stop Rat Fun Shop
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2008, 10:06:36 PM »
Vet needed in Atlanta, GA area. Around Hiram. I have tried a few and still not very happy. Any help would be great.

Offline VeganRat

• Ritten
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2008, 01:37:57 AM »
Interested in finding a really rat savvy vet in San Francisco...I did a search of the thread and didn't see any replies with suggestions.

Offline ratsrock92

« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2008, 10:40:18 AM »
Does anyone know if Cedercrest in Fishersville, Virginia is a good vet?

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2008, 07:55:39 PM »
I need to know where I can find a vet that knows how to deal with rats in case of an emergency!
I'm around Sacramento/Roseville, CA.
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Crissyting

• Chocolate and rats, my two favoite things.
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2009, 03:59:56 AM »
I don't know if I should bump this thread, haha, but if anyone knows a good vet that knows about rats in the Tacoma, Washington area, it would be very much appreciated.

Offline Iluvmyrattiebabies

• Nibbler!!!!
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2009, 12:45:30 PM »
I could use a vet in or around Voorhees, New Jersey.  I have a rat that is gonna need constant care for her teeth.
Lovin my babies....
Poe (AkA Tiny Rat), Big MaMa, Speedy, Mittens, Big Boy (AKA Mr. Biggs), Silver Fox and Skitter Bug!

Offline 4JerseyGirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pawprinted
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2009, 09:55:29 PM »
Hey all!!! I have a rat with lumpies that needs to be seen, so I need a good, reasonably priced vet near Richmond, VA.  I did indeed see the post on like page 1 or 2 of this thread recommending Dr Billeter in Hanover... but its from like 2004.  So if anybody has seen him recently and can tell me more recent prices that'd be cool or if anybody has any other recommendations?

Offline Trouble

« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2009, 05:14:38 PM »
I'm looking for a vet in Pittsburgh, PA. I solicited recommendations on a Pittsburgh forum and got a few from people who had taken their guinea pigs etc, but I wanted to ask you knowledgeable rat people as well. My research has uncovered rave reviews of Dr. Mike at Animal General in Cranberry, but that's too far for me. I don't drive at all, so Boyfriend would have to do that part, and so I'd love to find someone a little closer to the city.

Offline DaySleeper

« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2009, 09:53:25 PM »
Anyone know a good rat-vet in Western Massachusetts? Preferably in the Pioneer Valley?

Thanks!

Offline Finners

• Finnvarra Rattery
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2009, 08:34:45 PM »
Looking for a vet in the SW VA area, preferably somewhere between Roanoke and Blacksburg ^.^

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2009, 11:22:10 PM »
Dr. Meredith Bird of Veterinary Services of Wickford, Saunderstown, RI 401-294-9518 is the most amazing rat vet ever! Middle of the road price wise, but just wonderful, kind, respectful and caring with my rattie crew.
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2009, 04:28:52 PM »
I need a vet in the Moorpark,CA area (in the Ventura County area) or I would even go into San Fernando Valley if needed.

I already spoke with Valley Vet in Simi Valley, and am looking for some other options.

Offline sunsetv

« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2009, 09:49:12 AM »
Does anyone know of a good vet in the Charleston, SC area?
Mom to:
Anya, Tawnya,and Mya (pronounced Mia)-- the girls
Jayden and Kyler -- the boys

Rehomed:
Kyra (pronounced Kira) -- the girl

Over the Bridge:
Tux, Wishbone, and Epu

Offline meschelbac

« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2009, 12:38:52 PM »
Hi I am looking for two vets  One that is near randolph, nj 07869  and one that is near Long Island City Queens NY 11101.  thanks michele

??? hope im posting properly!
~MDot~

Offline Libitnia

« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2009, 01:02:00 PM »
Hi, I'm looking for a vet in south florida that doesn't charge an arm and a leg to see rats.  The only one I found charges $75 per rat and they are not very knowledgeable at all.
Rats: Godiva & Mouse
Cats: Merak & Nena
Jungle Carpet Python: Ermenegildo & Ermenegilda

RIP: Walter, Luna, Rita & Mafalda

Offline Libitnia

« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2009, 03:22:43 PM »
Nobody?  :puppy_dog_eyes:
Rats: Godiva & Mouse
Cats: Merak & Nena
Jungle Carpet Python: Ermenegildo & Ermenegilda

RIP: Walter, Luna, Rita & Mafalda

Offline Chicklet

• MySpace
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2009, 04:51:56 PM »
I'm looking for a vet preferably in/near Glen Burnie, MD or Southern MD (Annapolis area) who is experienced with neuters and reasonably priced.

My current vet is pregnant and only doing routine cat/dog surgeries; on top of that, I'm unsure of her experience level in this area.

Since this will be my first rat surgery, I'm really hoping to find someone who actually sees and CARES about small animals. Any recommendations would be MUCH appreciated!

Offline Miranda

• <:3 )---
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2009, 05:13:17 PM »
I doubt anyone will really know any vets in the Waterville/ Unity area of Maine. I need a good vet for a neuter. If they don't charge an arm and a leg that would definitely be a plus as well. I'm trying to maintain three jobs at the moment, all of them minimum wage and I have no car. So anything close by and affordable would be a blessing.

:wink5:
It is often hard to put a wise head on young shoulders.

Offline Pumpkinseed

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2009, 03:06:04 AM »
need a vet in San Diego... I found out one of my girls had (cant remember the name of it) and need to clip her teeth weekly/bi weekly... I managed to clip the top ones but clipping the bottom ones was too hard and I cant stand watching her so scared.. And I can't get ahold of anyone down here.....
Mommy to: 7 Furbabies; Bug, Boo, Banana, Kazoo, Elliot, Simon and Duncan,
and one skin Baby; Little Miss Lily-Bug

Offline Emma_and_Jean

« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2009, 11:36:45 PM »
Anyone know of any vets in Arkansas or the surrounding states that they would trust to spay two female rats? I have a vet in town that I use for regular stuff, but he had problems sexing one of my (then) six-week-olds, so I don't quite trust him to operate. I would prefer one who will not charge a huge amount to do it.

Offline fenshae

• RatMates
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2009, 12:37:22 AM »
Does anybody have ANY recommendations for the Las Cruces, NM area?  I've had nothing but terrible luck.  If necessary, I could also take one in El Paso, TX  although it certainly wouldn't be ideal. 
We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. 
--Mal, Serenity

Offline zaprat

« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2009, 01:46:43 AM »
I'm looking for a vet that can deal with my rats tail wound (unknown cause, but it's not a deglove) and meds for his pneumonia with a reasonable price in the Puyallup,WA areaI can also travel to Bellevue,Tacoma,and Auburn

Offline dragonflare92

« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2009, 10:00:06 PM »
Does anyone know of a rat vet reasonably close to Pendleton, Oregon?  I've been searching for ages, but there doesn't seem to be any.

Offline BubbleandSqueak

« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2009, 05:02:12 AM »
I'd like to find a veterinarian who specializes in rats on Vancouver Island. Would be ideal if I could find a local vet that owns and loves rats, because to me, a vet's knowledge and experience with an animal is far more important to me than cost or location.
Willing to travel around the Island for the ideal, rat-experienced vet, but I am located in Nanaimo.

Any leads would be great.
I've never met a rat I didn't like. I've met plenty of people I couldn't stand.