Author Topic: Official Request-A-Vet Thread.  (Read 136936 times)

Offline eyohkay

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rattie Tattie Rescue
Re: Official Request-A-Vet Thread.
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2011, 07:54:03 PM »
That's really odd.  He certainly didn't know everything, but he was very nice, and he gave me the antibiotics that I needed.  He also told me that for future URI's, I can just call in and skip the office visit.  They're also letting me pick up some Revolution tomorrow without an office visit.  I'm curious to know what the "unethical practices" are, but as long as I'm getting what I need from him, I'll probably continue to go there.  If you find out what they're referring to, though, I'd like to know.

Not sure if you made a call into Dr. Dahlhausen yet, but his office number is (513) 761-1990 in case you have a hard time finding it (I did).  His receptionist is incredibly annoying, be warned.  I had a friend who has taken her sugies and ferrets to him for several years and hasn't had any problems, but I don't know... he just made me feel very rushed and uncomfortable.  And getting him to give me another AB combo was like pulling teeth... he wanted me to bring her in for AB injections.  I was happy with the neuter he did on Evan, though, so you might be okay if it's for a tumor removal.

:dontknow:

Chalula88 is also in Cincinnati, and has seen a few other vets... you may want to shoot her a PM.

Offline Cinefou

« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2011, 08:50:55 PM »
Thank you so much for the help.  I'd like to know what the unethical practices are, too.  It's possible that the person just had a bad visit and wants to tarnish his reputation.  All of my neighbors seem to take their dogs to him, though... but that could be because he's the only vet around with a decent website and a big building.

If I find anything out, I will definitely let you know.

Offline eyohkay

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rattie Tattie Rescue
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2011, 08:59:49 PM »
No problem, and good luck!

Offline Gullybear

• Ritten
« Reply #228 on: June 03, 2011, 01:04:26 AM »
Hello everyone.  First post here.  I'm looking for a reccomended vet in the Cleveland area.  I'm willing to go most anywhere in Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, and Ashtabula counties if the vet is good.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Evoss87

« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2011, 12:54:57 AM »
How about a Rat vet in Lake county IL? i dont want to drive too far less than 25 miles pls

Offline lissy0805

« Reply #230 on: June 12, 2011, 09:51:19 AM »
does anybody know a vet in NYC that doesn't cost 80$ and higher???

I only have monday to see the vet, cause of my work. The vets I called were 80$ and higher :(

Offline Evoss87

« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2011, 08:16:18 PM »
We are looking for an affordable (but good/knowledgable) vet to nueter 2 boy rats (4-6 months) in the Peoria, IL area.  We have a regular vet we visit and really like (All Pets in Peoria) but the total for 2 nueters will be around $460-500.  That's $45 for appointment per rat, plus both surgeries.  We have been calling around to get prices and have found at least 1 that is cheaper (total of $250ish for both nueters plus visit) but we don't know how experienced the vet is (it's Morton Animal Hospital, in Morton, IL).

So, we are looking for a vet to do 2 nueters, and possibly become our reg. vet, in the Peoria, IL area.  We would be willing to travel to Springfield if it's nessicary, or the same distance toward Chicago.

:help:

Thanks!

IF there is a VCA around i know some do neuters for 75 roughly each... i got my boys both dona at the champaign/urbana VCA for $171 total.

Offline Shayna09

« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2011, 06:13:34 PM »
Hey, I don't know how many people on here are from Canada, but I live near Vancouver (Mission). I want to find a vet to neuter my male somewhere near Mission, Abbotsford, Maple Ridge, Langley, etc.

Offline RattyMonday

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rats and Life
« Reply #233 on: July 22, 2011, 11:42:21 AM »
Any vet reccomendations for the Springfield, MO area? I could travel as far as Nixa.. And MAYBE Kansas City area.. I currently live in NW Arkansas, so a vet in Springfield area (1.5 hour away) would be idea for the time being. I'm looking to move to Springfield, so it'd be even more convenient. But since its a little closer, a vet in Kansas City would work once I'm closer.
I don't currently need a vet, but I would like to prepare for in case there are ever any future needs for a vet.

Offline orangedragon

• Ritten
« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2011, 01:37:57 AM »
Does anyone know of a good rat vet or hospital in Gaithersburg, MD? I saw that there was one in Rockville, but I would prefer a closer one if possible.

Offline BayouBird

• Singing that Bayou Song!
    • Bayou Bird Songs
« Reply #235 on: July 23, 2011, 01:59:45 AM »
I recently found out that my vet moved >.< and so I'm looking for a vet anywhere in Northern Louisiana.  Closest cities are Monroe and Shreveport, but I haven't had any luck finding a new vet, and would like to know if there is one near, just incase something happens.

Offline A_STEW

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #236 on: August 05, 2011, 12:46:43 AM »
Hey, I don't know how many people on here are from Canada, but I live near Vancouver (Mission). I want to find a vet to neuter my male somewhere near Mission, Abbotsford, Maple Ridge, Langley, etc.

I'm from Kamloops and have an awesome vet, but that doesn't help you much. I would get in touch with some local ratteries and ask which vets they would reccomend, they would have the best knowledge in your area.

Offline Khaleesi's Mom

« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2011, 06:32:23 PM »
Looking for the most expensive, over-the-top, top-of-the-line rat-friendly vet in the Mishawaka/South Bend/Granger, IN area?  (Sorry, couldn't help myself with all the "cheapest vet in existence" posts.)  I'm thinking of having my 3 girls spayed and wondered if anyone in this area has used a vet for their rat spaying/neutering.
My heart belongs to my:
Rats - Khaleesi, Sadie, & Lacey
Cats - Chucky & Shadow
Ferret - Pippin
Dog - Ally

Offline K Rat1417

• Posts Too Much!
    • K's Kritter Kreations
« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »
Does anyone know of a good vet in the North Fort Worth TX area? And maybe some in dallas if they aren't TOO far away? I'm looking for one that's good with rats and isn't too expensive. But mostly one that's just good with rats.

Offline RayN

• Unconditional Love is the Best Love
« Reply #239 on: September 07, 2011, 09:37:39 PM »
Alright, Looking for a good affordable vet in the OKC area. My best friend who adopted my group, has a new little boy to add the mischief and he needs neutered and is also showing signs of an infection, slight head tilt and she said he's coughing.

She said the ones she called all were unsure of rats in general and wanted to charge her several hundred dollars just for the visit. I find it hard to believe there isn't a vet in the OKC area who can be knowledgeable and affordable, but if she can't find one she's going to be driving the 3 hours to come see me and go to my local vet, who is not at all knowledgeable but willing to listen, and very cheap.

I'd love to see her and Romeo and her new little boy, but I'd rather it be in better circumstances.

Thanks for any help,
Ray

ETA: I found Dr. Nancy Harrington at the All Pet's Vet. Hospital, Norman OK, in the other thread, and I'll have my friend call her to check her out. I'll update when we find out if she is affordable and then again if she's really good. Or if she's still there, that post was from several years ago.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:41:38 PM by RayN »

Order Mary Kay from my Mom!

Offline Shriek

« Reply #240 on: September 14, 2011, 02:45:36 PM »
I need a vet in the King of Prussia/Philadelphia area. I'll be moving there in a week and I want to have a good vet set up before I adopt any rats. I can travel a bit if necessary, but I'd prefer not to have to travel more than a half hour away.

Offline a_troubled_angel33

« Reply #241 on: September 14, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
Hello all!  I'm looking for a rattie knowledgeable vet in the Lancaster/Palmdale/Valencia, Ca area... even Northridge area.  One of my girls Moxi has a tumor I'd like to get removed.  There are plenty of vets around, but I'm wary of their rat experience.   Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks much.  =]

Offline KW

« Reply #242 on: October 01, 2011, 10:52:26 PM »
Any vet reccomendations for the Springfield, MO area?

I really liked them but did not have to have any surgeries or serious stuff done, when I lived there they loved rats and were great people:
All Creatures Pet Hospital-902 West Kearney, Springfield, Missouri  65803  United States, Phone : (417)865-5367

My first vet was Dr. Mainka who saved Toby's life and was great; however, he had to stay in an incubator for a week and was not socialable at all when he came out (had a very very serve URI when I got him.).  Turns out she is allergic to rats so didn't handle him at all except to give him his meds but she saved his life and the only physical side effect was deafness.
Sunshine Animal Hospital: (417) 889-0090 - 3235 E Sunshine St, Springfield, MO
My Mischief Crew-Roby, Patches, Raffy, Blaze, Dude, Troubadour, Pipsqueak, Braveheart, Mac, Hopper, Frogger, Shekal, Pestilance, Trial, Tribulation, Beast, Mouser, Trina and babies (currently unnamed).  Remembering all those who are waiting for us.

Offline hopefloats75

• http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHopefloats75?feature=mhum
« Reply #243 on: October 04, 2011, 08:00:37 AM »
Looking for the most expensive, over-the-top, top-of-the-line rat-friendly vet in the Mishawaka/South Bend/Granger, IN area?  (Sorry, couldn't help myself with all the "cheapest vet in existence" posts.)  I'm thinking of having my 3 girls spayed and wondered if anyone in this area has used a vet for their rat spaying/neutering.

The Animal Birth control clinic in Granger spays and neuters rats. I have had my girls and some of my boys done there. Dr. Hatch is wonderful. it is $65.00 for a spay and $60.00 for  a neuter.   She has done numerous for me.

Offline KatnRat

« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2011, 02:12:22 PM »
I'm looking for a rat-friendly vet in the Milwaukee, WI or Waukesha, WI area. :)

Vets who do inexpensive rat neuters/spays in the southern WI area would be nice to know too (willing to drive farther for a one-time procedure).

rats: Kenny, Enrique, Harvey

Offline BlackWolfRat

« Reply #245 on: November 11, 2011, 10:12:36 PM »
I know someone else asked, but they were about an hour away from me. Anyone know of any exotic vets in the Central Pennsylvania area in Snyder or Juniata county areas? Or somewhere else close by? I don't have them yet, but I'm planing on getting two girls and I've read that they can get tumors unless spayed. Any help will be appreciated!

Offline blissey

« Reply #246 on: November 16, 2011, 03:36:18 PM »
I need a vet in the northern New Jersey area.

Offline Nottingham

« Reply #247 on: November 22, 2011, 08:43:31 AM »
Can anyone recommend a vet in the Shippensburg/Carlisle/Harrisburg, PA area?  (I live in Carlise but I'm willing to travel).  I've been to see Dr. Barnett at Carlise Small Animal, and he's an absolute joke -- told me my rat didn't have an URI even though she's sneezing and sounding chesty with poryphorin because "the discharge wasn't green and that I as a pharmacy student should be able to tell the difference."  Way to endanger my pet AND insult my knowledge in one foul swoop  :mumum:  I've contacted at least 4 other vets in the area and apparently no one else sees exotics.  Please tell me I'm overlooking someone.

I do go to school outside in Rockville, MD so that may be a possibility, but with the semester wrapping up and me travelling for conferences I don't know if I'm going to be able to take my squeaks back to MD this year.

Thanks for your help!

Offline RooRat

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rest in Peace Petyr, Renly, and Myka <3
« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2011, 04:21:28 PM »
I'm looking for a vet in Greensboro or High Point NC/North Carolina. I went to an emergency vet clinic and they seemed okay, but I'd love to find a regular vet who's good with ratties. I did some Googling and found Greensboro Vet Hospital and Garden Creek Pet Clinic - does anyone have experience with them?
Mom to Pyp!
Visit my Etsy shop!

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #249 on: November 30, 2011, 08:02:14 AM »
We just moved to Albany area. Did you find a vet?
--Best, Mountaintop--