Author Topic: Official Request-A-Vet Thread.  (Read 138725 times)

Offline rattielady

• I'm asking Santa for a Martins cage this year!
    • rat album
Re: Official Request-A-Vet Thread.
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2004, 08:38:54 AM »
looking for a vet near Franklin, Indiana. Will go to Greenwood and a little further north.
RATS- Ricky...Fred...Girlfriend...Hershey....and Dottie
CAT- Simba
KIDS- Jeremy...Andrea...Aaron
GONE TO THE BRIDGE- Wilma(who started it all)...  Stormy(left us way too soon)...Angel,Lionel,and Squeakers(who were all just babies and weren't here very long,but long enough :) ..)

Offline ElvinMelvin

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2004, 03:55:52 PM »
I live in Frisco,TX and can't find a vet that is close.  The vet I used recently in Frisco charged $57 dollars for the office visit and did not seem to know much more about rats than I do.  The closest exotic pet vet that I have found is in irving, a one hour drive from my house.

Offline rattiefan

• Donor
    • Merri Whiskers Rattery
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2004, 10:55:39 AM »
Does anybody know of a good, experienced (with rats) vet in the Nashua, NH or surrounding area? I could travel as far north as Manchester or down to Chelmsford, MA.

Offline Leslie Marie

• Posts Too Much!
  • Love is how you earn your wings
    • ..::My deviantART::..
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2004, 05:29:22 PM »
Does anybody know of a good vet in Springfield, Oregon? Or anywhere near this area. I don't want to go back the vet I was going to, they don't know much about rats... And I'm having a lot of trouble finding a good one for my babies. They need a vet as soon as possible...  :-\

Offline Cera

• Ewan & Finley
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2004, 07:13:05 AM »
Quote from: lunarraven link=topic=19878.msg222946[quote

I'm in western PA too and would like to find a good vet. Luna, if you find one, please let me know!

I third that.  I'm in major need of a good rattie vet in western PA, preferably near the Pittsburgh area.  I'd really like to get a vet lined up before I get my two hairless girls.  :)

Offline Sapphire_Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • GIMMIE!!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2004, 12:09:48 PM »
If anyone knows of any good ratti vets near the augusta/waterville maine area, it would be greatly appreciated if you let me know! (no farther than augusta please!!)
One Ferret boy by the name of Chulo...

Rest In Peace Our Little Angels:
Boo-Boo-sep 2007 rest in peace puppy girl
Zion-male beige dumbo
Micky-Male Pomerainian
Mischief~ Our black syrian hamster
Sugar~beige white girlie
Neptune~blue/white split cap dumbo

Offline LostChylde

• What are we not?
    • Socertes
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2004, 09:57:36 AM »
Hey I live about 15 min N of the city of philadelphia in PA, USA. Does anyone know of a good rat vet around here. In the past i've had guenie pigs and the vets i used for them, well lets just say they weren't all that great when it came to really caring abt small animals. I dont make much $$ so one that is fairly good with there prices would be great. Thanx in advance!!

peace
    --jewels
peace
         -- jewels
and my crew: Socertes, Splinter, and Mr. Boo =0) (the rats)
Socks-- (the kitty~kat)

Offline KittyRat

• Posts Too Much!
  • I Believe
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2004, 10:46:33 AM »
Looking for a vet Suffolk County Long Island. A friend is looking to have her rats spayed/neutered, and doesnt want to pay upwards around $300 each. Any suggestions?>
Rats: RIP~Makani Pokani,Cloud,Janis,Rooster,Sphinx,Lily&June
And welcome home Maverick & Goose
Dogs: Lexi & Akima
4 doves Paloma, Gwen, Beau & Breeze

Offline rataholic9

• Once upon a time, my heart got stolen by rats...
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2004, 01:30:11 AM »
If anyone needs a vet in South Carolina, i've found probably the best in the whole state! he is cheap, knows tons about rats (used to have them as pets), very friendly, and i can usually get apppointments in 1-3 days, or sometimes i can just bring my sick rat in the moment i hang up the phone! email me if anyone in SC, or Georgia, or NC needs a vet cause he is awesome!!!!! oh yea, he's located just NE of Columbia, SC.
Loved and missed: Lucky, Spaz, Sunny, Squishy, Teddy, Jelly Man, Lucky Jr., and Patch

Offline asphyxia

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2005, 10:35:53 PM »
Does anyone know of any good rat doctors in Santa Cruz, CA? I'd prefer that he or she be loacted somewhere within reach of the metro buses, as I doubt I will be able to get a ride outside of the city. Thanks in advance :)

My boys' sneezing has worsened  :-\
sour cream and onion?!

Offline bevluvsrats

• I love my rats!
    • Mischief's Rat Rescue
Re: Official Request-A-Vet Thread. ESSEX UK
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2005, 06:24:20 PM »
A wonderful rat vet in Essex, UK, is Lyndon Basha at Animal Ark. I personally live in Surrey and travel a round trip of 70 miles to take my animals to him even though there are at least 3 vets in my immediate area.

he used to keep rats of his own, he knows them well and isn't afraid to try new things. He's saved the life of many of my rats when other vets would have given up.

I first went to him after a friend of mine recommended him to me, my vet at the time had diagnosed my rat with an inoperable tumourm it turned out it was nothing more than an abscess which Lyndon took off, but if it had gone undiagnosed, the rat wouldn't have lived much longer. As it was, he had most of the next year with me thanks to Lyndon.

Animal Ark is in Goodmayes, which is round the corner from Ilford, and not too far off the M25. In fact it's just off of the A12.

Animal Ark
54 Goodmayes Avenue
Goodmayes
Essex
UK
Phone: 020 8599 8544

Bev x

<:3 )~~
Owner of Clubrats 2
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clubrats2/#

Visit my new and improved ratty website, now with Ratabilia!!

http://www.freewebs.com/bevluvsrats/index.htm

And for those of you with strong stomachs, my ratty medical site:

http://www.freewebs.com/miscrats/

Offline ratzrkool

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2005, 01:55:55 AM »
How about a rattie vet in South King County, Washington State? Federal Way area?
The ratz- Tippy, Spike, and Hazel  
~RIP Mr. C, Timothy, Fink, Dot, & Mo~~(   )8:>
The kats- Senior, Seven (the 24 toed wonder), Padfoot, Voltron and Finn
The dog- Yogi

Offline Elaken

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rats are my obsession!
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2005, 12:28:53 PM »
I live in Tucson, Az and I need to find a trustworthy vet here, if anyone knows.  I have a great vet in Phoenix that I take my rats to, but that is when I can wait a couple days.  I was hoping to find a reliable vet in tucson for emergency type situations.
I was lucky enough to have been part of Willie's life and I am eternally grateful for the 2.5 years she gave me.

Offline KeepersPlay

• Posts Too Much!
  • YES I'M GONNA be a starr
    • KeepersPlay Myspace Page
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2005, 10:26:44 AM »
I have the best vet in the world!!! Ratracer also goes to him and she thanks me over and over for recommending him  ;D
He's located in Middletown and Portland, Connecticut.
He sees dogs, cats and small animals (maybe more but I'm not sure). I brought Bella over to see him and he did all he could for her.
When my princess had to have 2 tumors removed I was bringing her to New Britian to see her *other* vet (Bella had 4 vets) when I found out that it was going to be $500 I thought I was going to die of a heart attack. I cried for days. I didn't know what to do. So I looked and looked for other vets. Finally I came across my vet right now and fell in love with him. He's so sweet and soft spoken. Lennox and Solace have already gone to see him and for the vet visit (plus meds) for BOTH it came out to only $30. Hey, when you own like 14 rats you seriously can't beat that price.  ;)

If anyone lives in central CT and would like this fantastic Dr's phone number just PM me.
::KeE

Offline RKEM

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2005, 01:56:14 PM »
Ok, I have a very good vet who does wonders with neuters and lump removals but she doesn't feel comfortable doing spays so I'm looking for an experienced vet who could spay my little one-eyed girl.

I'm in Canada, living in the Ottawa region (Ontario). Cost is not an issue and I'm willing to pay whatever it takes to get a good surgeon for her.

Thanks.

Offline mercb

• Ritten
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2005, 12:14:52 AM »
Does anyone know of a good and affordable veterinarian that will remove tumors from rats in the Austin, TX area?  Yoshimi has a tumor under her right armpit and needs it removed.  Any leads would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2005, 12:32:07 AM »
Hi Mercb,
 Check out this thread there are two vets listed for Texas, I don't know if they are near you though. If not hopefully someone else can help you out.
My Day Job: Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software - Allows any inspector using Windows or Mac to create easy to read reports that can be quickly uploaded online, or printed out on the job site.

Offline mercb

• Ritten
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2005, 10:59:49 PM »
Thanks for the link to the thread.  Unfortunately those two cities are far from Austin.  Does anyone else have any other recommendations?  Thanks!

Offline Grace

• Posts Too Much!
  • Don't shop, adopt!
    • Graceful Moose Diapers
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2005, 11:48:35 PM »
If anyone knows of any good ratti vets near the augusta/waterville maine area, it would be greatly appreciated if you let me know! (no farther than augusta please!!)

The only vets *I* know of here are down in Southern Maine (Portland), which is of no help to you, obviously...  Does Sunilata know of any good vets in your area (I can't remember how close you two are distance wise)?  You could also try sending kimmyizme a pm.  She lives down here as well, but, may know of some decent vets through the other shelters up there.

Other than that, all I can suggest is you move down here so you can see Dr Ann.  ;)

Visit us at Mainely Rat Rescue
Don't forget to visit our STORE

Offline lularat

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2005, 11:19:17 AM »
Does anyone know of a vet in the Fayetteville NC area. I know there''s some in the
Raleigh area. I''m much more familiar with the Fayetteville area and it is a little
closer to home.  Would appreciate a recommendation.
~Carolyn~

Offline Sonita

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2005, 03:35:34 AM »
Looking for a vet for spaying in the Los Angeles area. Either Los Angeles or the Valley (don't mind traveling!)

Thanks! :)

Offline divabrat9

• Ritten
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2005, 12:02:57 PM »
Desperately seeking a vet in the Flint, Michigan area.  The vet that's been seeing our girls, who also sees our more "traditional" animals, just doesn't have the knowledge base necessary to treat our ratties anymore... they just keep sneezing and sneezing, one sounds almost like she's wheezing now.  We've changed their litter SEVERAL times, the vet put them on a week's worth of Doxycycline, which hasn't seemed to help... when I called the vet, he said, "As long as they're still eating and active, there's nothing to worry about," which I kind of disagree with.  Thoughts?

Offline SunWolf

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2005, 12:12:48 PM »
A "week's worth" is not enough...most recommend at least 21 days.  You might try going back and asking for a doxy/batril combination and get enough for 3 weeks.  You can go to "ratguide.com" and print out some of the recommendations to take to your vet so he/she can learn more about ratties, since it sounds like they are at least willing to "do rats".
I'm not shy, I'm just studying my prey...

Offline divabrat9

• Ritten
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2005, 12:22:08 PM »
Is Baytril okay for juvie rats (I have 2)?  I read somewhere that it isn't recommended...

Offline SunWolf

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2005, 12:55:30 PM »
You are correct in that, not recommended for ratties under 4 months (unless everything else has failed).  I still suggest going to ratguide.com, to the health guide section, and print out the article on Mycoplasma/mycoplasmosis.  Take this to your vet for reference and see what they can do.
I'm not shy, I'm just studying my prey...