Author Topic: Official Request-A-Vet Thread.  (Read 124409 times)

Offline moru-dashi

• Ritten
Re: Official Request-A-Vet Thread.
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2006, 08:02:59 PM »
I need a cheap vet in Southern California in the San Fernando Area. Does anyone know how much it'll cost for a visit plus meds my rat developed head tilt and if it costs too much my mom wont take her! Help!

Offline evillure

• Rat Questions
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2007, 01:29:35 PM »
In Virginia Beach, Virginia

Pet Care Veterinary Hospital
5201 A Virginia Beach Blvd
VA, 23462

Office #757-473-0111

Vets
Peter Fisher
Herbert Hulls
Jill Partlow
Collen Fox

Recomended on RMCA.org great vets! No problems!

Offline hamsterluv

• curious hamster
    • SailorLibra Productions
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2007, 09:16:50 PM »
don't forget the vet directory too.  that is a work in progress.  :rattysmiley:  :BlueDumboSmile:  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:
~ Hammies & Ratties ~ LOL Rats post

Offline Sapphire_Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • GIMMIE!!!!
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2007, 11:43:48 AM »
Ok, I've called 3 vets, 1 does not work with rats at all, one does "routine" things, like breathing problems exams, etc... the other is more thurough (spelling? lol), but does not do spays, an when they do, it is over $300.......for ONE girl! now if it were an emergancy, sure, but it's not, an I can't afford to do that "just because"..

So does anyone know of any vets around ottawa kansas?
One Ferret boy by the name of Chulo...

Rest In Peace Our Little Angels:
Boo-Boo-sep 2007 rest in peace puppy girl
Zion-male beige dumbo
Micky-Male Pomerainian
Mischief~ Our black syrian hamster
Sugar~beige white girlie
Neptune~blue/white split cap dumbo

Offline tb712

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2007, 12:11:11 PM »
I am looking for a good vet in southern NJ that does charge outrageous prices for teeth trimming.  Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Brittney & Tom

Offline Manduh

« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2007, 10:13:02 PM »
Does anyone know of any good vets in West Central Ohio? The nearest one to me is in Dayton, and that's an hour and a half drive! D: None of my local city vets seem to know about rats, and will only offer very limited services to mine. ):

So, if you have any reccomendations for me, PLEASE let me know! Though I'd certainly drive an hour and a half to get my rats medical help, it'd be a weight off my gas and such to be able to go somewhere closer.

Offline tigrid

• Ritten
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2007, 05:02:28 AM »
I'm looking for a vet in the O'Fallon or Belleville Illinois area. Actually if you have any recommendations in the Madison or St. Clair Counties please let me know. I've been to two local vets already and wasn't too happy. My one rat has been on Baytril for four weeks now and is still sick. Thank you in advance for all your help!

Jennifer

Offline sheenatila

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2007, 11:20:56 PM »

Greetings. I just been informed that my friend in Idaho doesn't have a good vet to go to for her rats.
I'm from Indiana, so I'm not sure either.
But if any of you folks can message me or email me-sheenatila@gmail.com
good vets in the area let me know.
"O'Keefe was in the hospital for three months, she went to Bermuda for a rest. She didn't make love to me that time, I think on account of her weakness. Too bad"
                             -Frida Kahlo

Offline Ghost

• mom to Bear and Echo
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2007, 11:57:12 PM »
I'm going to be a first time rat parrent TOMRROW   :BlueDumboSmile: !!! and am in need of a good vet in or near Boulder, CO
Darkness cannot Drive out darkness only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate only love can do that.
-MLK Jr.

proud mommy of Bear and Echo

Offline Saydrah

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rat Tongues Rule
    • Rizzle Rat Rattery
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2007, 09:35:51 PM »
CongRATS, Echo! I'm in Colorado too and looking for a personal recommendation for neuters/spays. I'm willing to travel up to a couple hours for a good vet with reasonable prices who will take great care of my heart rat and another boy that need neutering, plus one girl I want to spay.
Rizzle Rat Rattery has NEWS! First litter planned for March 2009. See http://www.rizzlerats.com for details, or check the Adoptions forum!

Offline RompStompnBoogie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2007, 12:09:07 AM »
I'm looking for a knowledgeable vet in CT, preferrably Central CT, but I'm willing to travel a ways...  I love my vet, but she is a newbie and I feel like I could find better care for the rattie kids with someone else.  Who do all the CT people on this forum use?  I've heard some good things about Kensington Bird and Animal Hospital, anyone here use them???

Offline embryodb

• Posts Too Much!
  • (Cara)
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2007, 02:15:29 PM »
I'm looking for a vet that will neuter rats in the Philadelphia area. I know of a few that do, but I'm interested in personal recommendations/testimonials. 

Offline a1issa

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2007, 07:40:47 PM »
I'm looking for a good rat vet in Madison, WI.  I'm moving there soon, and I'd like to have a vet lined up ahead of time just in case!
Looking for dwarves!  WI or nearby.

Offline mandycoot

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2007, 07:51:22 PM »
The UW-Madison Veterinay Medicine Teaching Hospital is supposed to be very good.

Offline a1issa

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2007, 08:04:56 PM »
Oh, that's cool!  I like supporting teaching facilities.  Thanks.  :wave2:

Updated to add: 
Office visit: $56 each, or $100 for 8 rats
Neuter: $69
Spay: $128

« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 03:49:07 PM by a1issa »
Looking for dwarves!  WI or nearby.

Offline Joy_of_Rats

• Service Rat info, support rescue, order rat items
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2007, 06:02:59 AM »
I saw a few people in L.A. looking for a good rat vet. If you can come to Torrance (about 20-30 min drive from L.A. with traffic, 10 with no traffic, LOL.) there is a WONDERFUL vet who takes care of me, Dr. Maria. She doesn't charge me for the vet visit if my rats need medicine or surgery. She'll only charge for the medicine/surgery.

My daughter's heart rat, Chocolate, had a HUGE (we're talking softball size here) tumor, and Dr. Maria actually removed the tumor!! It was twice the weight of the rat! It cost me $200, but the few extra months we had Chocolate was SO worth it!

I had Dr. Maria put many of my rats to sleep. She is very compassionate and gave me a hug every time, because I'd always cry. Then I would get a card in the mail from her office, saying sorry about my loss. EVERY time. Even when I would call her from home and tell her one of my rats that we were trying to medicate had died, I would get a card in the mail within the next couple of days.

She tries very hard to keep costs low for us rat owners, and she is very knowledgeable about rats. I never asked her if she did spaying/neutering, so that's something you'd have to call and ask if she does and how much.

Pacific Veterinary Center  (310) 791-5123 
Maria Castiglione, DVM "Dr. Maria"
23629 Hawthorne Blvd
Torrance CA 90505

Tell her Joy Bailey recommended you! :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 06:04:47 AM by Joy_of_Rats »
~Joy (owned by 50 rats & 3 cats)

Ever heard of a Service Rat? Click the link to find out more! http://www.tripodranch.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Tripod Ranch, home of the BEST rat harness EVER MADE!

Offline LittleVillains

• Little Villains Rattery
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2007, 09:21:03 AM »
For those of you looking for vets in/around Columbus, OH, I highly recommend animal care unlimited..... 35 dollar exam fee, fine... sees ALL exotics *has a wildlife center in the basement!*

but, here is the best part: emergency, any time, 70 dollar exam fee! And by anytime, i mean anytime! call them, they WILL show up!

Here is the info:

Animal Care Unlimited
2665 Billingsley Rd.
Columbus, Ohio 43235
(614) 766-2317

Hope this helps!

Offline JR1030

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2007, 10:53:46 AM »
I am looking for a good vet in southern NJ that does charge outrageous prices for teeth trimming.  Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Did you find someone?  My vet is in Hamilton Township, NJ, so might be kind of a hike for you.
~Rebecca

Offline Vibrissa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2007, 11:47:03 AM »
To Scabberstherat

YES--Dr. King in South County --St. Louis==great with rat surgeries and won't charge an arm and a leg!  Cares very much and also will listen if you happen to know what meds you actually need as opposed to what he suggests (if you have resources like from here or the rat med guide).  Watson Road Veterinary Clinic--Dr. Jay King.  Like a spay for $40-$45.  Excellent at mammary tumor removals, too.  Cares about ratties.  Would have emailed you, but you didn't have your email listed (and I don't know how to PM on here).

Offline disneyscootergal

• Ritten
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2007, 09:09:39 AM »
Hi, I'm new, from Great Falls Montana, and looking for a vet for my rat, Napoleon.

Offline Leona

• Posts Too Much!
    • Splash and Spots Rattery
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2007, 04:25:37 PM »
Does anyone know of where I can find a vet in Knoxville, TN or closer to Williamsburg, KY? I've searched the Vet Directory and the suggested vet place, but I can't find one in Knoxville. I have a vet in Lexington but I'm closer to Knoxville since there isn't a vet place around here that takes care of rats.
Ratless... RIP all rats from 2003 - 2011!
<3 Love my human babies Raea and Wolfgang, my husky Shotgun, and my two ferrets, Odin and Farrah <3

Offline RKEM

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2007, 03:53:46 PM »
I live in Ottawa (Ontario) and I am potentially looking at taking in a rescue (female) but she should need to be spayed. My vet is great for neuters and other surgeries (Dr. Chouinard at vet Taché) but she does not feel comfortable doing spays. Does anybody have a vet in the area to recommend who woud be ok with doing the surgery.

Price is not really all that important. I am more concerned with finding a good surgeon.

Much appreciated

Offline mizco

« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2007, 03:31:49 PM »
I'm looking for a vet in Los Angeles to neuter to males.  Does anyone have someone good they can recommend?

Offline miss squeek

« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2007, 02:52:45 AM »
disneyscootergal,
I'm from GREAT FALLS MONTANA TOO!!! The one I go to is better than the last, but if you know of any better I'd love to know. years ago I used to go to Dr. Bruce at the  vet on NW bypass (no longer there ). He was the best, but passed away a few years ago.  right now my girl sees Dr. Rick at the Great falls Vet service.

Offline Tabitha

« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2007, 09:52:32 PM »
Hello, I'm looking for a vet in the Syracuse NY area...There is one in clay, but the vet that treats rats is out on vacation, and Tallulah's developing  a tumor that I want to have removed, as soon as possible.  I also know of one in Watertown, NY, but I have no way to get anywhere other than Syracuse, NY.  I would prefer one that has reasonable prices, but right now, I just really want to get 'LuLu into a vetHopefully, it's not going cost an arm and a leg...Anyone have any recommendations?