Author Topic: RatsRule Vet Recommendation List (North America)  (Read 80793 times)

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
RatsRule Vet Recommendation List (North America)
« on: March 18, 2004, 10:16:38 AM »
This thread is for recommending vets in the US and Canada that community members have worked with, and trust. If you would like to recommend a vet, please use the following format to share contact information. For international listings, check this thread.

City/State (or Province):
Vet's Name:
Clinic/Hospital Name:
Address:
Phone Number:
Web Site: (if applicable)
E-mail: (if applicable)
Comments:

Please DO NOT use this thread for discussion. It's for recommending a veterinarian ONLY. All discussion posts will be removed without warning. If you have a question for the person who recommended any vet on the list, please contact them via private message.

Please also do not use this thread to request a vet. I have created a special thread in Rat Care Corner for requesting a vet recommendation specific to your area.

Additionally, this is not a thread for dissing vets. If you don't like a vet, don't list them. Any "anti-recommendations" will be removed without warning for legal reasons -- we're NOT going into slander/libel territory.

I know this system will not be as organized as some of the lists out there... in time, as the list grows, I may add a section to RatsRule that is more organized and easier to search. This is why I have listed City/State first. You can always use your browser's "find" function to look up a particular city or state on each page of the thread.

If You Use This Resource
Please dont abuse this information. Do not contact a vet whos never seen your animals before, asking for free advice just because you see their phone number or email address listed here. Make a proper appointment, take your rats in, get to know the vet, and let the vet get to know your pets. Additionally, in many cases it is unethical for a vet to diagnose an animal without having seen it in person. We don't want vets asking to have their names removed from this list because too many people were soliciting free advice.

Disclaimer
RatsRule.com, Goosemoose.com, and the people who have recommended the veterinarians on this list cannot make any guarantees about quality of work. Additionally, any recommendation of a particular vet should not be taken as a recommendation of other vets at the same hospital -- each vet has their own areas of expertise. You should thoroughly check out any veterinarian for yourself to see if they meet your requirements. Through compiling this list, we just wish to share our positive experiences with the community, and possibly give people a place to start in finding experienced vet care.

Other Vet Recommendation Lists and Advice
RFC: How to Find a Good Rat Vet - http://www.ratfanclub.org/vetgood.html
RFC: Vet Referral List: Eastern & Midwest US - http://www.ratfanclub.org/vetref.html
RFC: Vet Referral List: Western US and International - http://www.ratfanclub.org/vetrefw.html
RMCA: Vet List - http://www.rmca.org/Resources/vets.htm
How to find a UK vet - http://www.rcvs.org.uk
The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Vet search engine - http://www.findavet.org.uk/fav.asp
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 09:35:38 AM by Suebee »

Offline Arlene

• Posts Too Much!
  • Be kind to every living thing!
Re:RatsRule Vet Recommendation List
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 09:40:23 AM »
Fax: (540) 659-0941
City/State:  Stafford, VA
Vet's Name:  Dr. Gretchen Guth
Clinic/Hospital Name:  Aquia Garrisonville Animal Hospital
Address:  878 Garrisonville Road
P.O. Box 428
Stafford, VA  22554-3901
Phone Number:  (540) 659-4389
Fax: (540) 659-0941
Web Site:  http://www.agahvet.com/

Dr. Gretchen Guth is a caring, dedicated vet and a very good friend.  She's certified for treating Exotica and had rats of her own and is wonderful with them.  I've have given her LOTS of experience with treating my numerous rattties.
Arlene & my 6 rats, 2 mice, 2 ferrets, 9 cats (3 house kitties,3 feral, 3 fosters), 3 dogs Missing: 135 rats, 15 ferrets, 5 cats, 7 dogs

Offline kmw

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • No longer a rat mom
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 09:49:58 AM »
City/State:  Lowell, MI
Vet's Name:  Dr. Bruce Langlois
Clinic/Hospital Name:  Animal Hospital of Lowell
Phone Number:  616 897 8484
Web Site: http://www.lowellvet.com/
Comments:

I used a different vet recommended on other vet lists, but gradually moved farther and farther away.  When that vet was unavailable during an emergency, I tried a vet in my new town.  They got me in RIGHT away, while I was panicking that Reilly was dying, got x-rays, fluids, and a shot of baytril into him.  Then called me the next morning (Saturday) to see how he was doing.  On another visit, he got rat poop right down his sleeve and just said "Nice aim", and shook it out.  

I know I'm the only person who has rats at this practice, because when I call, the  receptionists know who I am :)  The staff is great - putting kleenex in the exam room when Sam had to be PTS, storing his body for me at no charge until Spring, etc.  I appreciate a vet who doesn't talk down to me, is open to suggestions, and will look it up if s/he doesn't know.  

Rates are a little high, but it's a hospital, so I understand that's to be expected.  
kmw
RFC Moderator

"Everybody knows how to raise children, except the people who have them." - P.J. O'Rourke

The Bean  Bean 2.0

Offline BlueMoon

• Posts Too Much!
    • Volunteers for Wildlife
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 06:09:50 PM »
City/State: Plainview, NY  (Long Island)
Vet's Name: Dr. Robert Monaco
Clinic/Hospital Name: Old Country Animal Clinic
Address: 669 Old Country Road, Plainview, NY
Phone Number: (516) 938 7218
Web Site: n/a
E-mail: n/a
Comments: Dr Monaco has had a lot of rats as patients, and has experience with rat spays and neuters, respiratory infections, and tumors. He can be a little pessimistic at times, but will pursue any reasonable option for treatment. He's also great with reptiles, birds (he's board certified) and other exotics. His associates and vet techs are pretty good too.  :)

Offline scout

• Patriot for Peace
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »
City/State:  Minnetonka Minnesota
Vet's Name:Dr. Barb Leppke
Clinic/Hospital Name:Shady Oak Vet Clinic
Address:4340 Shady Oak Road
Phone Number:952-938-1926
Comments: Dr. Barb has cared for my rats for more than 4 years. Takes a special interest in rats, learns a lot about them, also interested to hear what others' experiences are. Experienced in surgery. Willing to fit in the sick rat for established clients.
Scout

Offline kim

• Posts Too Much!
  • high drive
    • I Dream of OTCH
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 10:57:42 AM »
City/State: Hingham, Dedham, and Weymouth, MA
Vet's Name: Dr. Greg Mertz
Clinic/Hospital Name: The Odd Pet Vet/New England Wildlife Hospital
Address: *changes*
Phone Number: 781-251-9131
Comments: Official vet for the rescue, Dr. Mertz is the best out there! Has rats for pets - capable with ANY surgery, from the youngest to the oldest animal. BEST prices around, and truly loves the animals. Warning though, he is hard to get a hold of because he is such a busy many, and only does surgery in one location certain days a week, and sees appts only a few evenings. Busy man, great vet!

City/State: North Grafton, MA
Vet's Name: Dr. Jorg Mayer
Clinic/Hospital Name: Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine
Address: 200 Westboro St
Phone Number: 508-839-5395 (ask for exotics liason)
Web Site: (if applicable) www.tufts.edu/vet
Comments: Head of the exotics dept at the vet school, Dr. Mayer loves to watch ratties. Has his head on straight - recommends the right bedding, the right food, proper caging. Surgeries can be handled by him or the surgery dept, but be prepared to pay a price for this vet care, which is great! And he talks to the rats in his adorable accent!
ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, CDX ASCA-CD CD-H RE RL1X  RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC VC FFX-OG
Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD-H RN RL1 WAC YTT PTT CGC

Offline Christy

• Posts Too Much!
    • Christy's Corner
Louisville, Kentucky
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 04:44:56 PM »
City/State:  Louisville, Kentucky
Vet's Name: Dr. Joe Deck
Clinic/Hospital Name: Deck Veterinary Clinic
Address: 2409 Brownsboro Road
Phone Number:   (502) 721-9383
Comments: Dr. Deck is currently the only vet at this practice.  He just opened it 2 years ago after leaving a larger practice, which is where I found him initially. My rats have been seeing him for 8 years and he has done a wonderful job with all of my ratties.

Offline Mirabell

• Support Your Local Humane Society!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 01:28:30 PM »
City/State: Evansville, Indiana
Vet's Name: Dr. Janice Raab
Clinic/Hospital Name:  East Side Animal Hospital
Address: 4125 E. Morgan Ave
Phone Number: (812) 477-3826

Comments:  I Love and Trust Dr. Raab 100% with my guys and girls!  She is new to the area, but not new to rats!  She listens, understands and has even called me at home after her hours just to answer my questions or to get an update on Devlin.  Besides, you have to love a vet who talks to rats and calls them "naughty little monkeys" with love and respect when they won't take their meds!
Later Days!
Stacie and the Zoo - Mira, Chiana & Siouxsie (dogs) /Pandora, Gambit, Popeye & Gary (cats) /Gus-Gus and Rizzo/ Ozzie (Quaker) & Conrad (BH Caique)
In my heart forever- Buddy, T2, Rascal, Benny, Devlin, Eek, Blaze, Baggins, Dexter, Mandark, Jethro, Rosie, Gandalf, Billy, Sammie & Ellie

Ensie

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 07:21:40 PM »
City/State: Chico, CA
Vet's Name: Barry Dohner, DVM
Clinic/Hospital Name: Animal Medical Clinic Veterinary Hospital
Address: 3449 State Highway 32, Chico, CA 95973
Phone Number: (530) 343-1234
Web Site: http://www.animalmedicalclinic.net/
Comments: I give Dr. Dohner the highest recommendation. He is the regular vet for all of my pets. I will go to no one else, if I can avoid it. He is always attentive, patient, and thorough. He listens to my feedback. His prices are always fair (and usually low). He has come out on an emergency visit, on a Sunday no less, for one of my rats. Plus he knows how to speak rat. ;)

City/State: Chico, CA
Vet's Name: Dan Moore, DVM
Clinic/Hospital Name: Forest Animal Hospital
Address: 555 Flying V Street, Chico, CA 95928
Phone Number: (530) 345-7292
Web Site:
Comments: This vet was recommended to me by my regular vet, Dr. Dohner, when he couldn't fit me in. Dr. Moore admitted that he doesn't have as much experience in rat care or surgery, but he is willing to listen and to learn. He earned a lot of brownie points when he determined the cause of an ongoing problem with one of my rats, a problem that stumped Dr. Dohner. When Dr. Dohner is not available, I will not hesitate to go to Dr. Moore for non-surgical care for my rats.

Offline tabbyrat

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • I'm a rat slave!
Re:RatsRule Vet Recommendation List (North America)
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 05:54:23 PM »
City/State: Indianapolis, IN
Vet's Name:  Dr. Angela Lennox
Clinic/Hospital Name: Avian & Exotic Animal Clinic
Address: 9330 Waldemar Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46268
Phone Number: 317-879-8633

Comments:  Dr. Lennox is currently the only vet at this clinic.  Dr. Lennox is an expirence rat vet.  She has many rat pateints other then mine.  At least one vet tech at this clinic has pet rats.  This clinic has the ability to run many blood tests in-house (liver, kidney function, etc.).  Dr. Lennox has an emergancy pager and will respond to emergancy pages 24 hours a day.  This clinic is reasonably, or lower priced then other clinics in the Indianapolis area.  I have given Dr. Lennox a copy of Debbie D.'s Rat Healthcare Booklet.

City/State: Danville, IN
Vet's Name:  Dr. Kurt Volle
Clinic/Hospital Name: Hendricks County Animal Hospital
Address: 1685 E Main St, Danville, IN
Phone Number: 317--745-7712

Comments:  Dr Volle had not had a lot of expirence with rats when I was regular there (~1 yr ago). However he was egar to learn and thorough with his research.  I trust him with all of my animals and can whole heartly reccomend him.  This hospital offers convienet hours.  Hospital management does not allow owners to be present when "gasing down" animals due to insurance reasons.  You may want to discuss this with him if you are bring in an animal for euthanasia.  Dr. Volle has a copy of Debbie D.'s Rat Healthcare Booklet.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 06:00:29 PM by tabbyrat »
Own by the Rats:  Lanie, Haggrid, Baxter, Peaches & Kiwi
Forever in my heart- Tabby, Kitty, Cicero, Harry, Dobbie, Clarity, Ron, Snookie, Fang, Charmin and Rex.
Can't forget the cats Moca and Egypt bad cat
and Our Scaly Monty Python

Offline SG

• Posts Too Much!
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2004, 10:39:43 PM »
City/State (or Province): Marysville, MI
Vet's Name: Dr. Cassandra Leicht
Clinic/Hospital Name: Marysville Veterinary Clinic
Address: 1273 Gratiot Blvd, Marysville, MI 48040
Phone Number: 1-810-388-8800
Web Site: (if applicable) n/a
E-mail: (if applicable) n/a
Comments: Dr. Leicht is the only vet at this office that handles rats, and while she's not an expert by any means, she's always willing to learn. She's also understanding about billing me later when I don't have the money. The only issue I have is she doesn't do de-sexing unless it's something the rat needs. Also, while they are not an emergency vet, she has taken my rats in on a few occasions when I have had an emergency, and is very understanding and compassionate.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 10:41:26 PM by SomeGurl »

Offline Kathleen

• Posts Too Much!
  • R.I.P. Delilah
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 01:41:37 AM »
City/State (or Province): Los Altos, California (CA)
Vet's Name: Dr.s Dominique Croteau & Curt Nakamura
Clinic/Hospital Name: Adobe Animal Hospital
Address:396 First St., Los Altos, CA 94022
Phone Number: (650)948-9661
Web Site: http://www.adobe-animal.com
Comments:

I've seen several vets at Adobe. The clinic is excellent -- efficient, friendly, and open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I drive an hour each way to get there because I know that my rats will get better care from the people at Adobe than from anyone else. The appointments are a bit pricey, but procedures are reasonable and the quality of care is priceless. All of the vets I've seen have been kind and helpful, but the people I've had the most experience with are Dr. Croteau and Dr. Nakamura. Both are very good with rats.

Dr. Dominique Croteau is my favorite vet. She is always energetic and caring, and is very diligent about doing research or consulting with other vets when necessary. She is very willing to discuss my questions and concerns about an ill rat at length, and is careful to explain the pros and cons of all treatment options. Over and over again, Dominique has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help my rats. She's their guardian angel!

Dr. Curt Nakamura is knowledgable and very gentle with rats. He's also a skilled surgeon -- I watched him perform a spay on a rat, and the procedure was very quick and clean.

Offline musichick2004

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 11:49:34 PM »
City/State (or Province):Somerville, MA (outside Boston)
Vet's Name: Aaron Cohen, Kathy Leavey
Clinic/Hospital Name: Porter Square Veterinarians
Address: 360 Summer St.
Phone Number:(617) 628-5588
Comments: Dr. Cohen is an adorable man who just thinks our kids are "little lovelies."  He is not a small animal vet exclusively, but he does know them and love them!  One of the few male vets I will regularly go to!  I have heard that Dr. Snyder from the same practice is NOT someone to go to...(from a bunny website who also reccommended Dr. Cohen).  

PS: he's the one who saved our little Mercedes from almost death (she was over 6 weeks old and weighed 56 grams and had wet tail and SEVERE myco) when we rescued her.  His bedside manner is extremely gentle and caring.  We also bring our dogs to him.

We have never seen Dr. Leavey, but Dr. Cohen says that she knows about small animals, and I've breifly spoken with her and she gave the kids scritches (so she can't be all bad!)...so, if it's an emergency, she can handle it too!

Good luck, and no sickness!

RC(1b) 1m5f2r B-- C>C+ D++ F>F+ !S {Luna Sf A VnBU/IR S-- T++ Ore}{Roxy Sf A- VrSI S-- T++ Ore}{Dayne Sm A- VnCA/AG S-- T++ Ore}{Merce Sf A-- VrCA/CM S-- T+++ Ore}{Claire Sf A--- VrCA/AG S--- T Op}{Abby Sf A--- V(satin)AG S--- T Op}{Shan Sm A? VnHD/BL S-- T++ Ore}ocU reP sF a e+ n>n+ p4f1r

EmilyRugburn

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2004, 08:44:22 PM »

City/State (or Province):  Sacramento, CA 95814
Vet's Name:                     Dr. Katie True
Clinic/Hospital Name:       Midtown Animal Hospital
Address:                          1917 P Street (P & 19th),
Phone Number:                916-446-7788

City/State:    Sacramento, CA 95831
Vet's Name:  (any)
Clinic:            Pocket Animal Medical Center
Address:       7465 Rush River
Phone #:      916-395-7387

Offline BabyBlue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 05:00:50 PM »
City/State: Rochester, New York
Vet's Name: Dr. Ember Couture, DVM, and Joanne C. Hach, DVM
Clinic/Hospital Name: Cats & Critters
Address: 23 Somerton (off Park Avenue)
Phone Number: 585-442-4373
Web Site: http://www.catsandcritters.com
Comments: I have not yet personally been in to see this vet (knock wood), but I do have a friend who is a vet tech there, and it is a VERY rat-friendly practice. They are experienced with surgery, including emergency C-sections.
I would like to add that I LOVED both Dr Couture and Dr Hach (I saw Dr Hach mostly) and they're both wonderful vets with tons of experience as well as compassion for all animals they treat. Dr Hach was always very sweet to all the rats I brought in, the vet techs were sensitive and gentle with all my rats , especially if I had to drop them off for surgery or something (rats always got special treats while waiting for surgery and afterwards). They're were one of the best rat vets I've been to so far and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Now my vet here.

City/State: New Hyde Park (Long Island), New York
Vet's Name: Dr. Jennifer Saver
Clinic/Hospital Name: Catnips & Carrots
Address: (will have to look it up)
Phone Number: 516-877-7080
Web Site:
Comments: The practice only deals with cats, bunnies, and other small animals and Dr Saver is a very competent vet who is open minded and always willing to listen and learn. She used to have rats herself and talks about them often, and always explains all the procedures and her reasons behind each treatment so that I can be a part of those decisions. She might not know everything, but if she's not certain about things she is perfectly willing to discuss the options with me, consult other vets, Debbie the "Rat Lady", etc until we figure out the best route.

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2004, 09:21:47 PM »
City/State: Orange Park, FL
Vet's Name: Julie Runnfeldt, DVM
Clinic/Hospital Name: All Animal Clinic
Address: 760 Blanding Blvd.
Phone Number: 904-272-7875
Comments: I've only been to her twice, but she was great with my boys. She was very friendly and owns rats herself. She asked me if I had a copy of Debbie D's Health Care booklet and says she consults "The Rat Lady" if she's not sure of the best route. She was willing to discuss all of my questions and respected my opinion (even though I'm only 17)- something my old vet didn't do. As far as I know, she's the only vet there that treats rats.

Offline the_pumpkin_queen

• Menchi
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2004, 11:31:09 PM »
City/State (or Province): Poteau, OK
Vet's Name:Dr. Randolph Stokes
Clinic/Hospital Name: Leflore County Vet Clinic
Address:
Phone Number:918-647-8253
Comments:
The nicest vet I have ever met, and is VERY willing to learn about anything he doesn't know...which is VERY uncommon in this area.
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do other creatures." -- quote from his holiness the Dalai Lama

Offline Piper

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2004, 01:59:22 PM »
City/State:  Oceanside, NY  (Long Island)
Vet's Name:  Dr. Barry Buchalter DVM
Clinic/Hospital Name:  Oceanside Veterinary Hospital
Address:  3068 Long Beach Rd.
Phone Number:  (516) 766-6060  
Web Site:  n/a

Comments:  Recommended to me by Beth, he is awesome!  I had been to two other vets and he was a breath of fresh air.  I travelled 1 hour to get to him and it was worth every minute - and the long wait in his office.  I've never met a better vet for any animal - he is absolutely in it for the animals, I don't think he thinks about money at all (the other vets I had been to seemed so focused on billing and payment, etc...)  His prices are good and I hear he's great with working out payment options.  If only he weren't an hour away and all the pets in my house would be going to see him on a regular basis.  He has an open mind and is willing to discuss anything.  Unbelievably dedicated.
~~~(---)8> JoAnna <8(---)~~~

Offline KeokiGrrl

• Viva Rodentia!
    • ThreeCatsDesigns
Re: RatsRule Vet Recommendation List (North America)
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2004, 04:10:05 PM »
City/State: Shoreline, WA (just north of Seattle)
Vet's Name: Dr. Barbara Deeb & Dr. Lena McCullough
Clinic Name: Allpet Veterinary Clinic
Address: 1222 NE 145th, Shoreline, WA 98155
Phone: 206-365-1102

I love this clinic.  People with rodents, rabbits and ferrets come from as far away as Vashon and Bainbridge Islands to see Dr. Deeb.  She's been in the business for years and specializes in pocket pets.  Dr. McCullough has worked for several local rescue organizations and is also very good with rats.  Both are skilled surgeons who have done wonders on some of my apparently hopeless cases here.  Both vets treat rats with genuine respect and affection and the rest of the staff is entirely rat positive.  They've also been wonderful about referring folks seeking rescues to me when I have taken in "recycled" rats.  And they also have incredibly low prices for the quality of care you receive.  I would trust these vets with any of my precious ratty babies - they've never let me down.  As a bonus, Dr. Deeb is a partner in Sound Diagnostic testing labs so that if you wish to have an ELISA test run on your rats, you can have the blood drawn and tested in the same facility.  The clinic will also send out any equivocal results to larger test labs with more sensitive equipment to get you a definitive answer. 

Offline LoveMidnight

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • I love Ratties!
    • Broadway Beads
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2004, 11:06:02 PM »
City/State (or Province): Torrance, California
Vet's Name: Dr. Ann Murata
Clinic/Hospital Name: Animal Emergency Medical Ctr
Address: 3511 Pacific Coast Hwy # A
Phone Number: (310) 325-3000

Comments: Can't say enough wonderful things about her, we have used her for years now, and even followered her from several different clinics. Her specialty is exotic, her main interest is birds. She and her husband have their own rats and always have since we met them, so she does plenty of research on them and always seems to know the latest and greatest things to try in regards to treatment.  She has done a few dozen neuters for us, spays, tumor removals, etc..

She is only at the listed location above on Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays right now. It is an emergency clinic so they are always open, she is the only vet there who sees regular patients and takes appointments as they must be exotics. Everything else is for emergency. Just call to make an appointment with her. The staff at the clinic is the greatest, all super friendly and always excited to meet our rats and play with them. They really make you feel welcome.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me with them.

-Marie
-Marie, Jay, Andrew and two rat babies!
Beaded RatTailz Jewelry: http://BroadwayBeads.etsy.com

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 02:20:21 PM »
City/State: Dearborn Heights, MI

Vet's Name: Dr. Jennifer Taylor

Clinic/Hospital Name: Caputo Animal Hospital

Address:   8188 N. Telegraph
                 Dearborn Heights, MI 48127

Between Joy Road and Ann Arbor Trail

Phone Number: (313) 562-8810
Web Site: ---
E-mail: ---
Comments: Though I only went in to get some medication and a check up for my older rat, Ferret, Dr. Taylor was very respectful and informative about rats. I'm not sure if she's seen a slew of them, but she is definitely willing to look anything up that she does not know.
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline Crazy4Rats

• Arabian Acres
SOUTHEASTERN WISCONSIN
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2004, 11:21:33 PM »
City/State (or Province): Menomonee Falls (Milwaukee), Wisconsin
Vet's Name: Dr. Scott Fellenz
Clinic/Hospital Name: Family Pet Clinic
Address: N73 W13583 Appleton Avenue, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin 53051
Phone Number: 1-262-253-2255
Comments: Dr. Scott Fellenz is truly the most remarkable veterinarian I have ever met. This man cares incredibly deep for rats (and other pets), he is very considerate, takes his time with his patients- he doesn't rush through appointments like a lot of vets, he is very clear and precise with his explanations. He has put to sleep a couple of my rats, he was very comforting and even set me a card for every rat that died. Very knowledgeable with rats, unlike a lot of vets. Actually let me be at my rats side when they were put to sleep, unlike the other vet I used to go to. I truly love Dr. Scott and I am never taking my rats to any other vet expect him. If you live anywhere in southeastern Wisconsin I highly recommend you go to Dr. Scott!  Clinic has decent prices for vet exams- they charge $29 for general office visit. The old vet clinic I used to go to charged $37 and their practice is extremely skewed in my opinion. **NOTE: If you do go to Family Pet Clinic please make sure you go to Dr. Scott, not Dr. Kemberlie- due to bad experiences I have had with her,  I highly do not recommend her. She misdiagnosed one of my rats, causing me to put her to sleep. :( Just thought I would add that important note**
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 11:23:55 PM by Crazy4Rats »

~*MY BABIES*~
LUCY, SOPHIE & ELOISE- Rats
PEANUT & BUSTER- American Chinchilla Rabbit; Dutch Rabbit
SAMMY & DUDLEY- Tabby Cats

Offline SADCAT

• Posts Too Much!
  • "60% of the time, it works every time"
    • sarah-davis.com
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2004, 11:49:59 PM »
City/State (or Province): London, Ontario, Canada
Vet's Name: Dr. Peter Firth
Clinic/Hospital Name: Firth Veterinary Hospital
Address: 4499 Wellington Road South, London, Ontario, N6E 2Z8
Phone Number: Tel : 519-681-4377
Emergency : 519-681-4377
Fax : 519-681-4550

Web Site: (if applicable) http://www.firthvet.infovet.ca/

Comments: Dr. Firth is not just a great vet, he's a great person. He's helped me so much over the years with my kids... he kept free range rats as pets himself, and is very knowledgable. Everybody there adores rats! I always feel welcome there. Dr. Firth is very honest; he'll tell you exactly what's going on and what needs to be done. He's also open to suggestions (he had a pharmacist friend mix up some doxycycline for Beans, because it's no longer supplied to vets in Canada, and I had suggested it to go along with the Baytril). I always get cards from everybody at the office, signed with little notes inside, whenever I lose a rat. It's also very clear Dr. Firth LOVES animals. Someone ran over their dog, and Dr. Firth did what he could to help him.. the guardians then decided they didn't want to pay anymore money for this dog (and they didn't want him anymore, period), so Dr. Firth paid $3000 of his own money to save the dog, and then kept him until he found him a new home.

Offline eor

• Love the Fuzzie Butts
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2004, 03:42:05 PM »
City/State (or Province): High Point, North Carolina
Vet's Name: Dr. Dan Bowen
Clinic/Hospital Name: Banfield
Address: 265 Eastchester Drive
Phone Number: (336) 884-4035

Comments: Dr. Bowen truly loves rats.  Every time I have brought in one of my boys he had to give nose rubs.  He did a beautiful neuter on Swiper that healed very quickly with no complications.  He has also removed three tumors (at once) on Felix that grew over night.  Felix also healed quickly and remarkably well.  Dr. Bowen use to work for Lawndale Veterinary Clinic in Greensboro, NC, but decided to open up his own practice.  Banfields are a chain that are located inside some PetSmarts.  If you have any questions, please PM me.
Rabbit, where'd you put the keys Girl

Offline Scratch

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2004, 12:20:26 AM »
City/State (or Province): Indianapolis, IN
Vet's Name: Dr. Beth Ann Breitweiser
Clinic/Hospital Name: All Wild Things
Address: 6058 N. Keystone Ave.
               Indianapolis, IN 46220
Phone Number: (317) 255-WILD
Comments: Dr. Breitweiser is a fantastic vet for rats (not to mention all other exotics!). She's extremely knowledgeable, patient, and kind. She performed two surgeries on my ratty girl and put her to sleep when the time came. She never forces you into any decision- she gives you your options and lets you decide what you think is best for your pet. She is also available 24/7 through an emergency line.