Author Topic: Looking for a wire cage for 2 ratties  (Read 6431 times)

Offline BabyBlue

• Posts Too Much!
Looking for a wire cage for 2 ratties
« on: May 06, 2002, 02:35:39 AM »
I have my 2 young girls in an aquarium I had for my gerbils. I didn't want to buy a cage yet since I would be moving out of here in 2 weeks and going home to Long Island NY. I'm looking to buy a fairly large wire cage, preferably a used Martin cage (maybe R670?). I just wanted to see if I can get a used cage (since I'm a college student with limited funds), before I go and buy a new one.
Thank you!

Offline Piper

Re:Looking for a wire cage for 2 ratties
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2002, 02:10:46 PM »
I have a huge white bird flight cage. It's 30"x18"x36". However it has wire grating at the bottom with a slide out tray. The tray has a very small chip in it that's missing. Otheriwse it's in perfect condition. I have a second just like I'm thinking of turning into a rat cage.

It has a nice big door on the front too. I'll throw in a new fleece hammock too - your choice of blue leopard print, army camo, or american flags. I make them myself - they're really nice - double sided, very soft :) Plus a brand new Senior Wodent Wheel.

I live in Yonkers, NY and could meet you halfway - or even closer to you if I can coordinate giving the cage to you with one of my trips to LI.

If you're interested, e-mail me...
E-mail me jlou@holycross.edu

~~~(---)8> JoAnna <8(---)~~~

Offline EaglesEye Rattery

• Rats are truely a girls best friend!
    • EaglesEye Rattery
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2002, 07:52:50 PM »

I have a huge white bird flight cage. It's 30"x18"x36". However it has wire grating at the bottom with a slide out tray. The tray has a very small chip in it that's missing. Otheriwse it's in perfect condition. I have a second just like I'm thinking of turning into a rat cage.

It has a nice big door on the front too. I'll throw in a new fleece hammock too - your choice of blue leopard print, army camo, or american flags. I make them myself - they're really nice - double sided, very soft :) Plus a brand new Senior Wodent Wheel.

I live in Yonkers, NY and could meet you halfway - or even closer to you if I can coordinate giving the cage to you with one of my trips to LI.

If you're interested, e-mail me...
E-mail me jlou@holycross.edu

Ohh!!!!!!  How much would you sell a leopard hammock for???????  I'm a BIG leopard fan :)  (Sitting here w/ a new litter of babies in my lab and wrapped in two 'fuzzy leopard' blankets laying on a big leopard pillow w/ a leopard body pillow resting around me and the babies!!  LOL)

Was that a good enough description :)

Em~
Small rattery in Salem, Oregon breeding great pets & beautiful show prospects since '98.  Also offering hand-made jewelry, and whimsical rat, dog and other animal art.

Emily Rose~  http://www.eagleseye.us

Offline Piper

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2002, 08:39:25 PM »
Of course you can buy one - or a couple :) I have pictures on the web site below. The only thing is I'm going to get rid of the ribbon part on some of them and sew the clips right onto the hamock itself. This is because I realized some ratties just loved chewing on the thin strap!

http://www.geocities.com/petsonabudget/

Offline mantricentity

• Rat Lover!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2002, 08:44:35 PM »
I have a suggestion,though pipers cage sounds much nicer  ;). If you have a Kmart near you that is being colsed they are selling cages that you can take apart (wire cages) they're cheap too, around 28$ but their not as big as pipers it's 22w 18 d and 17 h.
There is no such thing as an ugly pet, just a narrow mind.

Offline EaglesEye Rattery

• Rats are truely a girls best friend!
    • EaglesEye Rattery
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2002, 09:42:28 PM »

Of course you can buy one - or a couple :) I have pictures on the web site below. The only thing is I'm going to get rid of the ribbon part on some of them and sew the clips right onto the hamock itself. This is because I realized some ratties just loved chewing on the thin strap!

http://www.geocities.com/petsonabudget/

Great!  Your cage also sounds nice but I bet it doesn't come apart!  I'd like a new colaspable girls cage LOL  I'm in Oregon so it's quite the drive!  LOL

I dont have any money now but I will bookmark your site.  I just love the leopard and flag hammocks!  They are soo cute!  

Talk to you later,

Emily~
Small rattery in Salem, Oregon breeding great pets & beautiful show prospects since '98.  Also offering hand-made jewelry, and whimsical rat, dog and other animal art.

Emily Rose~  http://www.eagleseye.us

Offline Piper

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2002, 10:21:42 PM »
It does collapse - but even flat it is still big. When it was initially shipped to me when I bought it it cost about $10.

If you're interested in the hammocks, I can sell you 2 hammocks for $12.