Author Topic: kittens and momma cat needing homes *Painesville, OH*  (Read 2513 times)

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
kittens and momma cat needing homes *Painesville, OH*
« on: December 06, 2004, 08:11:46 PM »
We have two beautiful kittens for adoption along with their mother. We were sure we would keep the mom but she is starting to beat up our shy cat Tommy. Tommy accepted her from the get-go but now she is targeting him and beating him up, and we just can't keep her if they cannot get along.

Nimbus, male smoke tabby

Nimbus is a lovebug who will most likely grow up to be someone's lap cat. He has a very sweet personality and loves to be around people. He does have a bad habit of trying to take food off of your plate, but we've been working with him on that. He has a gorgeous smoke tabby coat resembling an Egyptian mau. He is talkative and makes chirping sounds when he looks at you.

Asuka, female calico with swirl pattern

If you want a kitten you can train, then here she is!! She has pulled off many feats here, and has learned how to climb our dresser like a ladder. She always will jump for my hand when I tell her to. She is very sweet, very loving, and the most outgoing of the trio. Just like her brother, she chirps at you for attention.  When she wants your attention she stares at you with her big eyes. Almost doglike, because she is so set on making eye contact when you talk to her. She is an amazing cat!!

Anvil, the silver tabby mom

She is a very loving cat with a sweet demeanor but she's very determined in getting what she wants. She loves being around people and spends her days happily lounging around. She doesn't like to be left out of family activities. She loves to be petted and will stand up for it, but she's not happy about being handled. I did receive a little bit of info about her previous family, aside from them keeping her as an outside cat and not spaying her. She wasn't happy with them and constantly hid and no one in the family could catch her. Her name was Simone but the family gave up on her, left her here, and moved away. Anvil needs a home where she can be spoiled and truly loved. She got along with our cats and first and even showed them love from the start, but she is getting aggressive with our passive male. She is constantly picking on him and we just cannot keep her if she targets him and beats him up. Tommy is ultra sensitive and shy and I don't want his whole world turned upside down if she keeps this up.

And we were planning on keeping Nimbus as well cause he is a beautiful cat. That and I have always wanted a smoke tabby. But we have changed our attention to Quill. Quill, who looks identical to his mom is extremely shy and not the least bit outgoing. This making it hard for him to find a forever home. Most people are looking for a cat they can hold and pet, a real lap cat. Quill is none of these. He has come to tolerate me petting him, but its few and far between. He is comfortable with us, but we have come to respect his space and not to make a fuss about him, and he is happy that way. When someone deliberately tries to pet him, he hisses and runs. But when he makes the first move, he's ok.

They have all been de-wormed, given flea treatment, first vaccinations,  and tested negative for FIV/Felv.  I am asking for a small fee of $30 for each, or $50 for two to defray costs of vet bills. They are all being fed Wellness and they all know how to use the litterbox.
They will go with a sample of the food, and toys.

If you live in Ohio, or near Pittsburgh, and are looking for a cat, please consider these guys, they are very loving and are looking for forever homes they can call there own!

Offline KellyNZoo

• Posts Too Much!
  • Moo!
Re: kittens and momma cat needing homes *Painesville, OH*
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 12:56:34 AM »
*catnaps Nimbus* He's seriously gorgeous. So far awaaaaaaaaaay!

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
Re: kittens and momma cat needing homes *Painesville, OH*
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 05:00:42 PM »
Everyone has found homes!!! :D YAY!

Nimbus is actually the cat staying ;D He has turned down too many homes already. His normally sweet personality disappears when someone interested in him stops by. So he's here for good!!!

The mother found a home with an older cat and a nice woman, Asuka will be going to her home this Friday (I am meeting the woman halfway, so its over a 2 hour drive for both of us :o), and the shy guy Quill came out of his shell and chose his new family!

Its been a good month!