Author Topic: what are you getting your cats for the holidays?  (Read 3631 times)

Offline SilverTycho

• Posts Too Much!
what are you getting your cats for the holidays?
« on: December 07, 2004, 07:44:22 PM »
Harley's getting a kitty tree! It's 20x20x192" tall.  I got it off ebay for $45 ($25 plus $20 shipping).  Ebay has a lot of cheap cat trees.  My parents got it as part of my christmas gift because I didn't want to spend the money myself (because I am saving for vet bills) so Harley has to wait until Christmas eve or Christmas day to get it.  The seller has 98% good feedback with tons of feedback so I feel safe it'll be a good tree.

My other cats are getting treats and maybe a wire toy that I can put up at times since the dog eats any cat toys I leave out.  Next year I'll have to get them a kitty tree, but all but one of the others are declawed (my mom did that since they are technically her cats) so I wonder if they could still use a cat tree.  They love jumping on things, though.

So what are your cats getting?
Erin

Offline sunshine9

• Posts Too Much!
Re: what are you getting your cats for the holidays?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 07:49:37 PM »
Unfortunately, my kitties aren't getting anything big this year.  I have bought them a TON of bigger toys throughout the year.  Our apartment couldn't hold another cat scratch or tree.  But I have stockings for each of them and lots of new mice to play with.  Althaea LOVES the small furry mice so I bought a ton of new ones for them.  There always has to be at least 10 of them out for her not to be territorial about them.  Right now I must have 20 out and about the apt.  Only she's hidden them in the couch, under the stove or under the freezer.  We randomly sweep them out and her eyes get as big as saucers, it is soooo cute!!!
Deirdre and the Brat Pack-OSED Simon, OSED Theodore, ANR Blizzard, Peanut, Pepper, OSED Mocha, Java, and Houdini
R.I.P-Sunshine and Sweet Pea

Offline ekw4petrescue

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Home of the Star Wars Rat Clan
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 09:32:36 AM »
My kitties will be getting catnip mice, probably a couple of new cat beds, and some of those fuzzy, krinkle balls that they love. :D
Emily and the Star Wars Rat Clan

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 05:54:55 PM »
My crew will be getting new collars for the holidays, more toys, and hopefully a cat tree!!

Offline Nelly

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • If my body is a temple it's Deshnok Temple, India
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 10:38:48 AM »
My 2 horrors get spoiled enough all the time!  I keep looking at different things - toys, scratch posts, activity centres etc - and my other half tells me not to accessorise them!

They have recently had a lovely furry radiator hammock.  Boris let Billie test drive it for a week to make sure it wasn't dangerous, then took it over.

Billie's had a new toy today actually - the pull-out seal from a new carton of Soya milk.  It will be the best toy she's ever had for at least 2 hours or until she loses it!
Nicky&her beloved furries xx
Cats Steffi&Mac
Rats Turk Noodles Shadow Newt Ripley Tia Halle Berry Tempest Kembali Murphy
At the Bridge :icon_cat: Boris Billie Bimbo Jennyfur Mo; ratties Perdy, Mitts, Mr Pob, Manny, Zemmi, Aimee, Floss Lucy Liu Fargo Riddick Megan Melody Monkey Imogen Brenna Danny

Offline SADCAT

• Posts Too Much!
  • "60% of the time, it works every time"
    • sarah-davis.com
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 11:52:54 PM »
For Christmas I got Jinx and Cagney a reason to kill me while I\'m sleeping:

Offline BabyBlue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 03:06:02 PM »
My kitties are impossible to shop for! I've been going into every petstores around here yet haven't found anything worth while. We have those little balls with bells in them, little mice toys, catnip toys, over the door hanging toys, etc but they seem not all that interested in any of them so I don't see what other toys I can get them. The only one who plays with toys is Loki, he LOVES stuffed animals (and not the ones specifically made for cats either, they have to MINE!). Of course a large cat tree would be perfect but we're rather short on cash this year so that would have to wait.

I did get each of them a cute christmas stocking and got new name tags for all of them to put in those stockings. I think I'm just gonna get some large paper bags from supermarket and gift wrap them ;D

Offline elegy

• Posts Too Much!
  • obey the pit bull.
    • shattering.org
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 09:00:52 AM »
food and new catnip socks.

and juju could really use a new collar, since she\'s had hers for four years now.