Author Topic: Speaking of dandruff  (Read 3634 times)

Offline Ravyn

• Posts Too Much!
  • Controlled Insanity
Speaking of dandruff
« on: December 08, 2004, 10:14:56 PM »
My five year old Athena has really greasy fur from about midback down to her tail, and it is severely dandruffy. Her skin looks healthy and she's not itchy, her fur is just gross. Any ideas, or is a bath in order? *breaks out the welding armor*
Nothing so sweet
As four furry feet
Pattering
On my heart

**Hazel, Piglet, Willow, Aslan, Minerva, Oliver, Tsali, Jasper and Athena. Dogs Red and Sadie Rose.

Over the Rainbow: Starr, Garth, Clio, Dublin, Saidee, Perseus, Ariseti, Weasley, Riddle, Cerberus, Angel, Cosmo, and Orion; The Mouse Club

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: Speaking of dandruff
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 10:38:47 AM »
I'm trying to think of a delicate way to put this....    Is she too, er....   rotund...  to reach that spot when she's grooming?  That might very well be the cause.  In which case, you don't necessarily need to bathe her, just get a good brush or comb to give her a helping hand, before it starts to matt.  :)

Offline Ravyn

• Posts Too Much!
  • Controlled Insanity
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 12:45:33 PM »
*laugh* You mean, is she a fat ball of cat flab that needs to go on the Catkins diet?

No, alas. She's a rather svelte twelve pounds, and can easily reach her back if she wants. She isn't, however, a big groomer, oddly enough. I have rarely seen her cleaning herself at all. Maybe that's it...she's just lazy. :)
Nothing so sweet
As four furry feet
Pattering
On my heart

**Hazel, Piglet, Willow, Aslan, Minerva, Oliver, Tsali, Jasper and Athena. Dogs Red and Sadie Rose.

Over the Rainbow: Starr, Garth, Clio, Dublin, Saidee, Perseus, Ariseti, Weasley, Riddle, Cerberus, Angel, Cosmo, and Orion; The Mouse Club

Offline Marybelle

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 12:56:24 PM »
Yeah, laziness could be the key, then.  Maybe she just needs a friend to groom her.  ;)  Or you with a brush, either way...  LOL

Offline Ravyn

• Posts Too Much!
  • Controlled Insanity
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 03:51:05 PM »
Cool. I just don't want to risk my throat tryin' to give her a bath :)
Nothing so sweet
As four furry feet
Pattering
On my heart

Offline Marybelle

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 07:23:05 PM »
Cool. I just don't want to risk my throat tryin' to give her a bath :)

I know the feeling...  Nothing worse than velcro kitty...  ;)