Author Topic: Advice....yes I am a sucker...  (Read 2334 times)

Offline tsk_n_such

• Posts Too Much!
Advice....yes I am a sucker...
« on: January 02, 2005, 07:14:58 PM »
I work at a vet's.  About a month ago, someone dropped off a cat,in a carrier, overnight outside the door.  A fully clawed, intact male. He's somewhere around a year is the vet's estimate, although due to kitteny behavior, I'd guess maybe 10 months..he's just a loooong cat.  At first, he'd hiss at other cats he saw, but that seems to have stopped. He isn't a favorite with some of the other workers (he gets bored and reached out to tap them, as well as playing in his water dish) or the vets (since he just sits in the kennels).  No ads are out and no employees know anyone who wants a cat. 

soooo...

I was debating taking him. However, I don't really have the funds to neuter a cat that I'm not sure I'll be keeping. (if I knew he'd be mine, then it wouldn't be a problem) and while i could bring him home on a lunch hour to check him with my critters, I don't know that it would be a true indication of temperament without his being neutered.

oh, the dilemmas....
The wee rat girls: Dysentery, Tularemia and Listeria

Offline ruthiechan

• Posts Too Much!
  • Ph34r!
    • Ruthiechan.net
Re: Advice....yes I am a sucker...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 06:52:42 PM »
Maybe one of the vets will give you a discount for taking him off their hands. :D
~Ruthie
"Fear is the opposite of faith." -Susan W. Tanner
www.ruthiechan.net
www.n3f.org

Offline tsk_n_such

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 06:56:00 PM »
well they're doing the neuter free, so he'll be coming here to (hopefully) reside in a couple of days ::)
The wee rat girls: Dysentery, Tularemia and Listeria

Offline ruthiechan

• Posts Too Much!
  • Ph34r!
    • Ruthiechan.net
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 07:41:33 PM »
HAHA!
AWESOME!
~Ruthie
"Fear is the opposite of faith." -Susan W. Tanner
www.ruthiechan.net