Author Topic: Cats are silly....  (Read 1970 times)

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Cats are silly....
« on: January 12, 2005, 10:55:42 AM »
So, last night, I'm sitting on the sofa watching Queer Eye, and I hear this funny noise from the front window, where Murphy likes to sit and watch the neighborhood.  Last week, we had the windows open, and he knocked out a screen and ran off around the side of the house, but the windows weren't open last night, so we were mystified.  Then, it happened again, so I went to check it out.  I lift the curtain, and Murphy comes out from where he's been sitting, all poofed up and irritated.  I peek out the window and see a cute little tortie out there on our front stoop.  When she sees me, she just sort of sits down.  I figure she was pounding on the window from the outside to get Murphy riled up... 

So, now I know why Murphy is upset, but what does he do?  He jumps down off the couch and attacks Beaker!  Poor Beaker never knew what hit him!  I shooed them apart, and Murphy jumped back up on the couch and sat next to me and looked out the window and howled at this cat outside...  Silly boy.

So, making sure to keep an eye on my kitties, I opened the door, and this strange cat took off.  She obviously just wanted to torment my cats.  For the rest of the night, Murphy would very carefully look behind the curtains, and check up and down the street before he sat on the windowsill again.  I think he's really a big chicken, at heart....   :D

Offline ekw4petrescue

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Home of the Star Wars Rat Clan
Re: Cats are silly....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 12:41:35 PM »
So, now I know why Murphy is upset, but what does he do?  He jumps down off the couch and attacks Beaker!  Poor Beaker never knew what hit him!  I shooed them apart, and Murphy jumped back up on the couch and sat next to me and looked out the window and howled at this cat outside...  Silly boy.

Aww, poor Beaker!  Gotta love that transferred agression.  Hopefully the tortie won't come around too often to torture Murphy!  Poor kitties! ;)
Emily and the Star Wars Rat Clan