Author Topic: Tora-kun is eating Kittyrat's food.  (Read 1602 times)

Offline ruthiechan

• Posts Too Much!
  • Ph34r!
Tora-kun is eating Kittyrat's food.
« on: January 12, 2005, 10:30:58 PM »
I feed a combination of dry food and gooshy (wet).

I used to be able to give Kittyrat about a 1/4 to 1/2 a cup in the morning and usually by 9pm or midnight it'd be gone.

Now I give Tora-kun and Kittyrat the same amount of dry food but ALL the food is gone before the sun goes down, which is saying something since it's still winter.
All the dry food was gone by 4pm, and I feed them at 11:30 when I got up this morning.

Kittyrat is a small lean cat. Losing weight is a BAD thing for him.
What should I do?

I've started giving him more gooshy food in the evening and Tora-kun less.
They eat from separate bowls when they're eating at the same time, and Kittyrat won't let Tora touch his gooshy food; but with dry Kittyrat walks a way and Tora takes the opportunity to filch.

Any advice would be appreciated.
"Fear is the opposite of faith." -Susan W. Tanner

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: Tora-kun is eating Kittyrat's food.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 10:02:45 AM »
I think that giving KittyRat more gooshy food is a good idea, since KittyRat will guard that food.  There are more "useful" calories in gooshy food, too, as opposed to fillers, so that will help keep the weight on, as well.  :)

Offline kikoalex

• Posts Too Much!
  • I love my little stinks.
Re: Tora-kun is eating Kittyrat's food.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 11:39:44 AM »
Personally, I would switch over to feeding them at specific times of the day (including portioning out dry). Perhaps give wet food in the morning and a bowl of dry for dinner.  This way everyone is eating only their share.  If you're concerned about someone loosing weight, you could add in a third meal or give a higher amount of wet food than dry.
-Tibeca AND the ratties:
Angel, Mikie, Monkie, Natters, Princess, Snow, Baby Emmie, Sam the man, Sarah and Jubilee.  :)