Author Topic: Cute story - maybe she does know english!  (Read 2397 times)

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
Cute story - maybe she does know english!
« on: February 25, 2005, 04:46:30 AM »
My husband is in the Marine Corp and leaves for Iraq on the first of March.  Well, he had a talk with both of our cats last night (so cute.... no hunny, I'm not posting about this on the internet!)  Oh well, he will never look!  Anyways.  He told them that soon Daddy will be going away for awhile, but Mommy will stay home with them and Daddy will come home and make up for all the pets they won't get from him while he's gone.  I guess Dora - HIS KITTEN (Forever his kitten - she will be a year old a week after he leaves!) Didn't understand when he had to leave.  In order for him to be able to go to work today, I had to hold her so he could go out the door without her following him - she is very good about knowing she lives inside and does not try to go outside!  Right after he left I let her down and she ran to the door, jumped up on my table next to it and cried and pawed at the doorknob.  I'm not sure I wanna see how she reacts next Tuesday night when he leaves for real!  Poor kitten!  She's been Daddy's girl since she came home with us 4 and a half months ago!

Offline Leialte

• SnugglePets
Re: Cute story - maybe she does know english!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 01:52:42 AM »
awwwww.  :'(

It's stories like this and memories of my own that always prove to me that cats are as loving and affectionate as any other animal, just in their own way. I get soooo mad when people say 'it's just a cat, they're independent and don't care about their owners" (though we know owners is another word for pet humans...). I just want to have a book full of these kinds of things I can show them... wait a minute! Chicken Soup, of course...

anyway, I hope Dora coped well when your hubby left. Many  :-* to the sweetie.
- Leialte -

Rats: Zilly, Tenner, Keidas and Laraya

Offline Dearpie

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • When you're too open minded, brains fall out!
    • Dearpie Hammocks
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 01:01:04 PM »
How's Dora doing now?  Poor baby ...  :(

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 07:53:51 PM »
She's doing ok.  She thinks the house is designed by nascar - and that she is the wrecking crew a lot of the time!  But she is doing ok.  the real test will be next week.  I have a friend in town this week... so she has an extra person.  Though she keeps looking at my friend with a look of "you are not daddy!"  She'll be ok.  I have to load her birthday pictures yet.  She got her soft food - after I put a candle in it and took pictures.  And then she sat on my kitchen table to eat.  The little brat!

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 01:24:10 AM »
Here are the birthday pictures I promised.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 05:13:36 AM »
I know for a fact that cats love their owners back.  I have 4 of them and my only boy, Smokey gives me little love nibbles on my nose.  He just lightly bites my nose when he's in my lap to say he loves me.  Last fall he was hit by a car but luckily lived.  He had to have some surgery and spend about a week in the pet hospital but when I went to visit him he had nose nibbles waiting for me.  I love that little guy.

Offline aj

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 06:51:36 PM »
My mother's cat was very upset when I had to leave for Iraq too, and she also loves to hear me speak on the phone.  (Ahm, I have received several cards from her while here... remarkable.)

Hey I wonder if your husband is anywhere near where I am... not that either of us should post it on the net!  Oh well... If he ends up where I am, see, there is a nice cat here (see other thread) and a friendly doggie... Good luck to him!

A.J.