Author Topic: cat problem  (Read 1743 times)

Offline alex1

cat problem
« on: March 16, 2005, 02:50:45 PM »
why is my sisters cat peeing all over everything? it peed in the toaster, on the stove, on the kitchen counters, in bowls, and on my brothers shoes.

Offline lydelia

Re: cat problem
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 08:25:42 PM »
:o Hmm, well that is a problem. What is going on in your lives right now? Did you move, change her litter, get a new cat, new dog? There could be a number of things that would cause this problem. Let us know what things may have changed in your life and a little more about the situation and we can probably give you some pointers.
and then there were five :D
Kitties: Miss Kitty and Catbot
Ratties: Eugenuis, Ralph and Elliott

Offline ratzrkool

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 10:40:27 PM »
I had a cat who did that and he was sick. Like Lydelia asked, has anything thing changed in your kitties life?
The ratz- Tippy, Spike, and Hazel  
~RIP Mr. C, Timothy, Fink, Dot, & Mo~~(   )8:>
The kats- Senior, Seven (the 24 toed wonder), Padfoot, Voltron and Finn
The dog- Yogi

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 10:55:49 PM »
Usually, when a cat is eliminating in inappropriate areas, it's a health issue, and the cat should see the vet.  When a cat has a urinary tract infection, it's painful to urinate, and they associate that pain with the litter box, and will then stop using it.  The best bet is to get the cat to the vet, and get her treated if it is a urinary tract infection.   If it isn't, then you can work on the different behavioural issues that can also cause inappropriate urination.

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 12:33:34 AM »
I agree with the others, it definately sounds like a urinary tract infection. Some cats also will not tolerate a litter box that is not cleaned regularly and they will start going elsewhere. You can check on that too and make sure your sister cleans the litter box every day or every other day.
My Day Job: Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software - Allows any inspector using Windows or Mac to create easy to read reports that can be quickly uploaded online, or printed out on the job site.