Author Topic: *UPDATE* after his reading!  (Read 3764 times)

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
*UPDATE* after his reading!
« on: March 26, 2005, 08:55:04 PM »
Well, today I had to take Neko to the vets. This past week he has lost a lot of weight and isn't eating nearly as much as he does. I thought a lot about it last night and looked some info up on rapid weight loss in a cat his age (he'll be 3 next month) and everything that came up is bad news  :'(

But I also found what looked like a tapeworm segment on his bum and took that in as evidence to what is hopefully his problem. Even with a stool sample it can be hard to diagnose tapeworm. Majority of the time tapeworm is harmless and thousands of cats and yes, people live with it with no problems at all. My vet took his temp. and that was normal. He did listen to his heart for a while. And Neko was also weighed. Neko's waist is super skinny now and he didn't even lose a half a pound.

He was treated for tapeworms (shot and pill) but my vet is unsure about this being his problem. He wants me to watch Neko every chance I get. My vet's just not convinced that this is the cause of my cats problems. So, this leaves me back to where I was last night; worried sick that I may lose my baby  :'(

Neko eats two cans a food a day. At the moment, he won't even finish half of the can. And he is acting terribly depressed. No vomiting and no diarrhea. He weighed in at just over 16 pounds months ago and weighed in today at 15.8lbs. His waist is so skinny now that his hip bones almost show. But i have noticed that his chest area looks larger.

I am seriously afraid that I am going to lose him. My husband and I lost our first cat to FIP almost three years ago. Giuseppe died a day before his 6 month birthday. Its almost as if the way thing played out in our life at that point are the same as whats playing out now, and thats scaring me. Giuseppe was my life, and now Neko's filled that part. He is my ace number one cat. I love the others a lot as well, but Neko and I share this bond. He follows me around like a dog and I love how he looks at me with those eyes. I can even get him to roll around and purr at the vets office.

I guess I just need to vent. I'm going to keep an eye on him and will take him back in if anything changes.

My Neko <3 

« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 06:57:56 PM by BionicKoi »

Offline Nelly

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • If my body is a temple it's Deshnok Temple, India
Re: Neko's vet visit today
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 05:49:06 AM »
BionicKoi - not sure what you'll think of this suggestion, but if the vet is stumped, it might be worth getting an animal communicator to see if they can get any clues from a communication with Neko. 
Nicky&her beloved furries xx
Cats Steffi&Mac
Rats Turk Noodles Shadow Newt Ripley Tia Halle Berry Tempest Kembali Murphy
At the Bridge :icon_cat: Boris Billie Bimbo Jennyfur Mo; ratties Perdy, Mitts, Mr Pob, Manny, Zemmi, Aimee, Floss Lucy Liu Fargo Riddick Megan Melody Monkey Imogen Brenna Danny

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 08:35:30 AM »
Where can I find one and are they expensive?

He is still acting very depressed but he ate more this morning. But I think thats because I sat there the whole time with him. When I woke up today it felt like he was laying on my stomach. Then I realized that he wasn't there and the weight lifted away. (We don't let the cats in the bedroom because of my husbands allergies) It was comforting at first but then I got a little weirded out and had to check on him.

Offline Nelly

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 10:20:24 AM »
Mine in the UK is £40 for her to do an initial contact and at least one communication.  She does sometimes also do some remote healing with the animal. You get feedback via making a phonecall to her.  I know it's a lot of money but I figure if you're shelling out for the vet all the time it can be worthwhile. (Or like the problem my friend had when her 2 puppies were destroying half the house!)

I know Bebe and Arlene in the US do communications.  Not sure how much they cost but there are links & info here
Cats Steffi&Mac
At the Bridge :icon_cat: Boris Billie Bimbo Jennyfur Mo; ratties Perdy, Mitts, Mr Pob, Manny, Zemmi, Aimee, Floss Lucy Liu Fargo Riddick Megan Melody Monkey Imogen Brenna Danny

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 10:42:09 AM »
Thanks Nelly, I'll look into this.

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 10:51:15 AM »
Bebe's website doesn't seem to be working, but I am going to see about talking to Arlene. Her prices are really reasonable but I'll have to wait until Monday before I can get my paycheck. His ast vet bill maxed my account out.

Thanks again Nelly!! You are a huge help!

Offline Nelly

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 11:19:28 AM »
Hope it helps you and Neko - I know it's worked for my furbabes in the past.
((HUGS)) to you both
Cats Steffi&Mac

Offline aphoeniceus

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 11:05:38 PM »
Healing thoughts for Neko, he is such a beautiful boy!  I hope everything turns out ok for him, he looks like such a sweetie... *HUGS*
Human slave to 8 snakes, 2 cats, and 1 conure

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 11:28:10 AM »
I'd go ahead and talk with Arlene now, and see if she'll let you pay after your paycheck comes in.  She's a very sweet lady, and I know she really cares about all the animals she communicates with.  I hope your poor boy is feeling better soon!

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 06:00:14 PM »
Thanks Marybelle, I pmed her now asking about that. Right now, Neko is still acting the same.  :'(  Just watching him wither away is killing me.

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 08:09:02 PM »
I just got a hold of Arlene and she said she would do the reading and let me pay her when my paycheck clears. She is getting the impression that he's worried and depressed. And this makes a lot of sense actually because things in my life have been horrible and I have been terribly depressed. He could be feeding off of my stress and depression. I will post the reading once I get it.

Offline Nelly

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 11:28:11 AM »
(((HUGS))) to you both.  I know how much our animals can pick up on our feelings and can even make themselves poorly worrying about us.  Hopefully Arlene can get to the bottom of it and Neko will quickly start picking up again.

I remember reading in an animal communication book about 2 dogs who stopped eating properly.  When the communicator spoke with them they said that they thought their (human) mum & dad had money problems, so they'd decided that they'd eat less food to help save money!  Everything was quickly sorted out and the dogs went back to eating properly.
Cats Steffi&Mac

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 06:10:57 PM »
Well, here is the reading by Arlene. It turns out because I have been horribly depressed these past couple of months, Neko is getting depressed. Things in my life have taken a turn for the worse and I've been in this hole for so long. Normally I can bounce back from things but this time has proved difficult for me. So Neko has been trying to help by absorbing my pain and sadness.

So now I must work on myself to make him better and I'll do whatever I can to make him happy and stressfree once more.

And thank you to everyone for showing your concern and for pointing Neko and I in the right direction! ::HUGE HUG for everyone here and an extra BIG HUG for Arlene:: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

His reading:

Neko   male cat    3/28/05   BionicKoi   Jennifer
Neko is one stressed out kitty! Before I could communicate with him, I had to work with him to balance his energy centers before I could even begin! 
After that I did a physical scan to see if I could spot any places on his body that didn?t ?feel? right. As I began feeling what he feels, I got an intense headache and started trembling all over.  My whole body was tense! My heart was racing and I felt lightheaded at the same time.  I felt like I was holding my breath and sucking my stomach into my chest, as if I were holding on to something?fear, anxiety, guilt, I am not sure what, but it was scary and felt really uncomfortable. My chest felt heavy and it was difficult to breathe. I felt sick all over. 
At this point, it was necessary for me to break the physical connection and step back. Neko?s problems seem to be more emotional than physical, but the emotional problems are causing him to have physical symptoms, i.e., UTIs, depression, anxiety, etc.  I don?t believe that he has anything like FIP.  It feels more like he is having anxiety attacks. He IS depressed and his stomach hurts so he doesn?t want to eat.  He also knows that his not eating well is a signal to you that something is wrong. Perhaps the vet could give him something to relax him like a mild sedative. His feeling are really out of control.
I know this is very personal, but have you not been eating well and are you depressed and anxious? Are you having anxiety attacks? If so, have you sought help? Neko is showing me a reflection in a mirror of him with you behind him.  I don?t know if this is a real event or if he is giving me a message.  It?s possible that he is trying to take your feelings away from you and save you the pain you are feeling.  It is also possible that he is trying to show you what you are doing so you can help yourself.
Everyone in your household is tense right now and that is understandable.  However, since Neko loves you so much and is the most connected to you, he?s the one who is your messenger, teacher and healer. You are so worried that he thinks he needs to be worried too. He wants to help, but being sick is the only way he knows to communicate it to you, to get your attention.  There is so much uncertainty surrounding him that he feels insecure. He loves you, even more than himself and knows that you love him, but he feels like he is losing everything and everyone. Talking about getting the other cat a new home is very disturbing to him. He thinks that you are going to get him and everyone in the family a new home, but not together.  I?ve explained to him that this is not the case, but he needs to hear it from you. You are the one who has to try and set your anxiety aside and reassure your kitty boy that regardless of what happens, he will be with you. He will live where you live and be with you for the rest of his life. He?s terrified of losing you. He doesn?t want things to change, but he knows change is coming and is not sure of where he will fit in the equation.
In answer to your specific questions:
He says he hurts all over sometimes, but particularly in his head, chest and abdomen. They feel tight.

He is very stressed but not just because of the fourth cat. He is stressed by the uncertainty surrounding him. 

He does feel isolated because he can?t come into the bedroom and wishes that he could, but understands that it bothers your husband so he tries to accept it. 
He is stressed, but doesn?t know what to tell you that you can do to help relieve the stress.
He wants to change the way everything is so crazy at home.  He wants you to cuddle more with him and try and relax.
He is very worried about you and doesn?t know how to help you.
He isn?t happy right now.  He knows things are not right and wants to fix them but can?t think of a way to do so. 
He wants you to spend more time with him and not worry so much. He wants you to be the way you were before.
He says it?s not the food; he just doesn?t want to eat much because if he does his stomach hurts.
He asked me to ask you how he can make things better. He feels responsible for how you feel even though I tried to convince him that he is not. I tried to reassure him that it is not his fault and you are not angry with him. I told him that you understand, but, again, he needs to hear it from you.
   At this point we were both exhausted so I thanked Neko for communicating with me and told him that I would convey his feelings to you. He?s a wonderful cat, smart and affectionate.  I could feel the love he has for you and his desire to help you is so strong. 
The session ended with Neko thanking me for helping you communicate with him. What a sweetheart! Thanks for the opportunity of getting to know him!

Offline Nelly

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
Re: *UPDATE* Neko's reading with Arlene
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 06:33:23 PM »
(((EVEN MORE BIG HUGS))) to you both.  I've got tears rolling down my face from reading this.

This shows what a huge bond of love our babies have with us.  I had a communication done with my then b/f's cat Jennyfur (never told him - she might have 'belonged' to him before I met him, but emotionally we were linked strongly) after her sister went to the Bridge.  I wanted to know if she felt the need for feline company - I didn't just want to bring a new cat into the house.  What came out was how she was picking up on all the problems between me and my b/f and this was contributing to her "asthma".  The communication (and the telling of it to me) made a huge difference to Jennyfur.  Her health was much better afterwards - my communicator did some healing with her but also showed her how she could work on herself, and I learned to talk to her about things, too.  Also, it made me realise for the first time ever how close our animals are to us and how they can pick up on our emotions, worries and fears. (Didn't stop me having to be reminded of it recently though, in regard to my dear rat Mitts ::) )

I hope Arlene's chat with Neko has an equally wonderful outcome.    :)
Cats Steffi&Mac

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
Re: *UPDATE* Neko's reading with Arlene
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2005, 06:56:57 PM »
Haven't had much time, but here's the update:

Neko is doing so much better. He's more active now and he's eating like he used to! I have kept up my positive attitude too. I am no longer allowed to get depressed for the sake of Neko.

Many, many thanks to everyone on this board!! Without everyone here I don't know what would have happened to my cat. I owe you all so much!!

Neko and I send our love and grattitude!!

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: *UPDATE* after his reading!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »
Hooray!  Sometimes it takes the unconditional love of our pets to make us realize just how much we're worth.  Make sure to give Neko some extra cuddles and lovin's, I'm sure it'll make both of you feel better.