Author Topic: *sings* I just got new kitties !!!!!!!!!! *PICS ADDED*  (Read 2252 times)

Offline catsgurleygirl

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
*sings* I just got new kitties !!!!!!!!!! *PICS ADDED*
« on: July 05, 2005, 04:20:29 PM »
Hehe!  I am soooo bad.  But it is not my fault, I swear!!!   I even called and asked my husband if it was okay to bring home two more....we already have five...now seven!!  EEEEEeeeee!  But hey, now it is even, seven rats and seven cats.  Seven has always been a good number for me  ;).  So anyway, I know I am bad for posting here without pictures, but I should get those up later on today.  Both kittens are girls, they are black, however, they have that coppery pattern that runs through their fur that is fairly obvious, (don't know what it is called), and get this, they are only five or six weeks old!  I had to take my husband's, father's cat who was recently diagnosed with feline AIDS to the vet (he is out of the country), because he was looking so pitiful.  Anyway, when I was paying, I saw an empty cage with a sign that said free to a good home, and I said, "did you give away all your kitties?"  and they said no, and I went to the back and they showed me all these kittens that they had up for adoption.  So the last cage were these two adorable babies, and they were sooo little, I just had to take them.  We haven't named them yet.  We took them with us to my hubbies mom for the fourth, and they did soooo well!!!  I read that from 6-12 weeks is crucial to kitten development in terms of how they interact and perceive the world, so I have try to give them as many different experiences as I can.  Anyway, they were perfect!   They sleep in my lap the entire time.  No fussing or anything.  I am also leash training them, so I kept them on the leash the entire trip (it is actually a harness) and they were just fine.  I also put it on them and lead them around the house, so they can get used to it.  Also, at Steven's mom's, we couldn't sleep with them so I had to crate them in their carrier, and they were so good.  They didn't meow, or make any fuss.  I am just really tickled!!!  I really would like to have cats that I can train to go out me and walk on a leash and such.  I hate not being able to do anything with my pets.  You know you can't normally go out with your rats, because there are so many nasty things that can happen to them, as well as not wanting to deal with people freaking out...(and therefore freaking the rats out!)  and none of my cats will walk on a leash.  So, I am hoping that I can train these little girls to enjoy walking on a leash, and traveling well, and having a very positive attitude about new things and people.  At the fourth of July thing, I made sure to pass the kittens around to different people, and they were just fine with all these different people holding them, and fell to sleep after they were done playing.  I am really excited.  I have great hopes for these little girls.  I am really trying to enrich them, I hope I am doing it right!  Anyway, thanks for reading all of this, I will post pictures just as soon as I can!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 07:52:24 PM by catsgurleygirl »
My sweet girls:
Ginger, Bridgette, Paige, Phoebe, Anju, Sasha, Geetu, Kalypso, Siam

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: *sings* I just got new kitties !!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 05:10:04 PM »
What's that?  New kitties without pics?  Bah!  I refuse to look at your thread... 

Well, ok, so maybe I read it anyway, but still, I'm terribly upset there are no pictures! 

* Marybelle pouts

Offline catsgurleygirl

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
Re: *sings* I just got new kitties !!!!!!!!!! *PICS ADDED*
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 05:57:02 PM »
Okay...here!  I have redeemed myself!!!  Let's have happy faces now...see like this one!   :D

Our first day home!!

Who are you??

It's all about setting proper bounderies....

Just a cute photo of one of the girls....

Sasha know all the important spots to get information!!

BTW, when Sasha is with the girls, she is a non stop groomer.  She just wants to groom, groom, groom!!!  However, I want to socalize these little kitties with the rats, so they will be well adjusted to them!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 05:59:53 PM by catsgurleygirl »
My sweet girls:

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 09:40:53 PM »
Awwwww...

*melts*

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »
Awww, I love black kitties <3

Offline BabyBlue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 09:53:23 AM »
LOL are they shaking hands? How polite! ;D

After reading your post, the very first thought in my head was... wow, she had 5 cats but adopted 2 more? 7 cats? And I only have FOUR. Maybe I can convince my bf that we CAN have more than 4... ::) 8) ;D

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 12:59:40 AM »
CUTE! Have we started the term GGMK yet???
My Day Job: Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software - Allows any inspector using Windows or Mac to create easy to read reports that can be quickly uploaded online, or printed out on the job site.

Offline catsgurleygirl

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 02:20:39 AM »
Ooooh, no!!!  We need to though!!!  GGMC doesn't strike as hard as GGMR though (fortunately).  My poor rats are being a wee bit neglected.  I had the cats and the rats out the other day, and almost had to put either the rats or the kittens up because I kept on hearing squealing, and I would look over and one of the rats (usually Sasha) would have one of the kittens flipped over and grooming her to death!!!  :-\
My sweet girls:

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 05:31:18 PM »
PLEASE get some video or more pics of this. I gotta see it!
My Day Job: Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software - Allows any inspector using Windows or Mac to create easy to read reports that can be quickly uploaded online, or printed out on the job site.