Author Topic: Making a Donation  (Read 84165 times)

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
Making a Donation
« on: June 18, 2002, 06:26:13 PM »
There are two ways you can help defray the costs of running this forum. One is to do a direct paypal donation as listed below. The second is to purchase products by using the links in the Pet Stores section of the site.  We get a small commission from each purchase made and you pay nothing more than you usually would, in fact most of the time you will be clicking on a link that will SAVE YOU 10% or more!

I have set up a PayPal donation page for those of you willing to make a donation to the forum. The money goes to offsetting the costs of the forum itself. Current the forum costs $75 a month but if we can raise enough we will be getting the $175 a month dedicated server, and eventually a $1000 a month dedicated T1 line (I know, very hopefull).

To get more extra space in the Photo Albums you must donate at least $3 a month, as they are bandwith intensive. More areas of the site for donators only is coming soon. Please choose one of the options below and then email me to let me know your screen name so I can upgrade your account.
There are more donation options on the HOME page of the site (other dollar amounts, $3,$10,etc).

The link below is for an automatic subscription donation preset for $5 a month.
$5 a month Donation

The last link is for a one time donation amount of any amount. 
One time Donation

Or you can mail donations to:

Dominic Maricic
8826 Bayberry Dr.
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca, 91730
The whole club thanks you!    ;D

If you even want to cancel your monthly donation you can click here

The following people have donated to help run the forum:

Annette
Niki
Doxie (in memory of Drew)
Angela (RatAdoptions)
Louise
Anmllvr731
Snobunny
Victoria - Monthly Subscription !
Jodi
Ensie
Tabbyrat
Elegy (in memory of Moose)
Dorothy
Teresa Caudle/Furry Friends Rattery
Dearpie
Ratfriend
Ashley and Ace (Ratinterrupted)
Nelly
Drusilla (in memory of Remus)
Teresa Caudle/Furry Friends Rattery (In Memory of ALL the special rats that have gone to the Bridge)
Drusilla (in memory of Daniel, the special boy I found on the forum adoption section)
luvmyrats
tabbyrat
Joanne
BooDiddle2004
BuddhaRat
Furry Friends (In Memory of Jack)
Rat Head

If you should be on this list please email me. We lost quite a few names when the forum crashed.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 02:23:51 AM by Goosemoose »
My Day Job: Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software - Allows any inspector using Windows or Mac to create easy to read reports that can be quickly uploaded online, or printed out on the job site.

Offline ratadoptions

• Is there anything cuter than those whiskers??
    • Rabbit & Pocket Pet Adoptions
Re:Making a Donation
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2002, 07:22:50 PM »
How much does it cost to run this forum each month, averaging in "really expensive" months?
Angela C.

Rats and other pocket pets for adoption in Southern CA.

The term pocket pets is used to describe small pets other than cats and dogs. It in no way suggests that these small pets are "throw aways" or not as worthy of proper care as "larger

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2002, 09:51:12 PM »
The first full month of it being open (last month) ran about $45 although I expect that to slowly grow a few dollars a month as traffic grows. The thing is that there are quite a few features that I would like to add to the forum and that would also increase traffic a bit.
My Day Job: Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software - Allows any inspector using Windows or Mac to create easy to read reports that can be quickly uploaded online, or printed out on the job site.

Offline Christy

• Posts Too Much!
    • Christy's Corner
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2002, 10:03:11 PM »
I'll add in my donation as soon as my funds get transferred to my paypal account.  :)

Offline ckhs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Get past the tail, give rats a chance
    • Any Rat Rescue
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2002, 12:34:24 AM »
I woud also like to donate...could someone tell me how toget a pay pal account.

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2002, 02:31:20 AM »
Just click on the link in the first post and it will walk you through the steps! PayPal is a great company, they have been around for a few years and are used #1 on ebay for buying goods. Thanks again guys!

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2002, 09:44:25 AM »
I <3 PayPal. It's an AMAZING service. I've been using it for my business and other activities, and it's been a life saver. You can attach it to a credit card or a checking account (or both!), and it makes international commerce SO much easier. My husband has used it to make eBay transactions with people in England and Canada, and it's been flawless!

When I get back from Toronto this weekend, I am going to start working on a CafePress.com store to help support the forum, as well. They do custom t-shirts and other items. My plan is to start out with a few designs, and then add items, hopefully with designs from forum members. I know we have a lot of talented people here, and I hope to tap into that, changing designs every three months.

I have a few stores already, not related to rats, but other topics, if you want to get an idea of what's possible.

http://www.cafepress.com/suebee/

Edit:

Here is their current complete product line, including standard and limirted edition items:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/products/index.aspx
« Last Edit: June 19, 2002, 11:29:35 AM by Suebee »

Offline ratadoptions

• Is there anything cuter than those whiskers??
    • Rabbit & Pocket Pet Adoptions
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2002, 10:18:25 AM »
Paypal is the best and fastest way around to send money! I hate writing checks, so this way, I don't have to. Paypal takes the money either right out of my bank account or puts it on a credit card, my choice!

Speaking of eBay, maybe, if everyone auctioned off one thing for the group, that could help. Doesn't everyone have extra rat stuff sitting around? Stuff YOUR rats hated, but someone else's rats might adore?
Angela C.

Rats and other pocket pets for adoption in Southern CA.

The term pocket pets is used to describe small pets other than cats and dogs. It in no way suggests that these small pets are "throw aways" or not as worthy of proper care as "larger

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2002, 04:07:34 PM »
I added a few more options and moved everything to the top post.

Offline Louise

• Posts Too Much!
  • Toebiter, Couch-chewer, Squeaker extraordinaire!
    • not rat related - my portfolio
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2002, 09:31:08 AM »
I'd just like to say that this forum is very worthy of a donation ;D
You have the paypal thing set up really well, I had no problems going throught the process .... I think!
Louise and the Bad Rats, Willow, Bogart, Hannah, Holley and Higgins

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2002, 12:35:07 PM »
Yup you got it through lousie, thanks for helping support the forums!

RatStalker

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2002, 01:12:09 PM »
I will NOT use Paypal.  Someone I know on a fish forum is having MAJOR problems with them right now, and it's very serious.  I'll spare you the details.

Anyway, if someone wanted to donate, but did not want to use Paypal, is there some other way to make the donation?

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2002, 03:13:36 PM »
Are you sure the problem is paypal not someone on the other end of the transaction? I have been dealing with them for years on ebay and they are great! I have never had anyone else have problems either. If you want you can always mail the donation to me:

Dominic Maricic
8826 Bayberry Dr.
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca, 91730
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 03:49:42 AM by Goosemoose »

Offline Tracy

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2002, 04:22:02 PM »
Paypal does have a history on Planetfeedback.com but I've never seen anything about transactions not going through.
What does not change is the will to change.
Rescue Rats Looking for Love

"People who want their Children to experience the Miracle of BIRTH should first come to an animal shelter and Witness the Sadness of Death/Euthanasia"

RatStalker

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2002, 07:32:49 PM »
Well, this friend of mine uses Ebay herself for buying AND selling, and she's been charged all KINDS of things.  The most recent unauthorized charge was a $500 X-Box she did NOT buy!!!  Paypal has been "connected" to her bank account for a long, long time, and she's never had any problems until recently.  She's had to send affadavits to Paypal and her bank, and she's got the police involved & in the meantime her Paypal account has been suspended and she's being punished by them.

It's a whole huge mess with MUCH more detail than I'm willing to divulge here.

Ms. Jingles

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2002, 08:34:06 PM »
Are you sure the problem is paypal not someone on the other end of the transaction? I have been dealing with them for years on ebay and they are great! I have never had anyone else have problems either. If you want you can always mail the donation to me.

I'm sending you my donation by cheque today!  Very glad to help out. This forum is wonderful and it's worth it!  Keep up the great work and the excellent ideas ;D

Sheryl and a very appreciative Mr. Jingles
« Last Edit: June 20, 2002, 08:36:14 PM by Sheryl »

Offline Calico

• Rat Lover!
    • www.critterdirect.com
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2002, 11:53:01 PM »
PayPal works good for most people, but if you've ever have a problem forget it.   :(   PayPal can not only freeze the money you have with them, they can also put a hold on money in your checking account.   They can do it wheverever they please if per the terms of their account.    They get away with all this since they're not classified as a bank; they're also not FDIC insured nor do they have to follow the same laws banks do.

It got so bad the BBB and the Attorney General of the state they're in were really after them.  They have since improved in order to remain in business, but my advice is to use paypal cautiously.

Personally I've had dumb things happen to my account which caused me to have my whole account wiped and restarted twice in about 18 months' time.   I still can't make my business paypal account work right either, and they know about it but can't fix it.  ::: sigh :::

Sorry to complain.    Some people just don't realise PayPal isn't perfect.

What is the alternate was to donate for people not using PayPal?

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2002, 12:01:43 AM »
Hi Calico,
 If you don't feel comfortable using paypal I totally understand. If you look higher on the page I posted my address. Thanks!

Offline ckhs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Get past the tail, give rats a chance
    • Any Rat Rescue
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2002, 11:23:29 AM »
After reading this thread i think i will just be sending a money order on the first...im strapped until then.

RatStalker

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2002, 07:17:35 PM »
I hear ya, ckhs!  We're broke right now, too.  When things pick up again, I'll be glad to send a money order or a check or something.

Offline Mother of Eleven

• Rat Lover!
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2002, 02:19:20 PM »
I will send you a check on Monday.  Great site!

Offline Falls City Rattery

• AKA Templetons mommy
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2003, 05:20:10 PM »
I want to challange myself and others to step up and make more donation.  So what are the average opperationg expenses per month now???

Jennifer

Offline ruthiechan

• Posts Too Much!
  • Ph34r!
    • Ruthiechan.net
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2003, 12:31:49 AM »
I want to challange myself and others to step up and make more donation.  So what are the average opperationg expenses per month now???

Jennifer

Or encourage people to buy from the forum store! :D
~Ruthie
"Fear is the opposite of faith." -Susan W. Tanner
www.ruthiechan.net
www.n3f.org

Offline Socar MYLES

• Ghost
    • Gorblimey
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2003, 03:43:21 PM »
I've had the monthly subscription for AGES, but my name is never in the list of contributors.  My PayPal account is a business account, though, and the name of my business is Gorblimey Trousers--I'm thinking maybe you couldn't figure out who was sending that money, or something?

www.gorblimey.com - art
www.rattysghost.com - personal

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2003, 12:13:39 PM »
Hi guys,
 I have updated the list. I am still missing quite a few names from when the forum crashed. If you should be on the list please IM or email me so I can put your name back up!

Thanks