Author Topic: Martins cage & new rats ?'s  (Read 4466 times)

Offline fearlessella

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • I have 3 girls!
Martins cage & new rats ?'s
« on: January 15, 2005, 10:23:09 PM »
I am SOOOO excited.  Friday I put in my order FINALLY for my Martins 695!  Anything I need to worry about or make sure is done?  When should I hear from them?  I think it was so close to the weekend they probably haven't done anything about it yet.  In the comments I asked for a flip top too.  Is that how you request it?

Since I have a bigger cage I am interested in possibly getting more ratties.  I know I quarantine for at least 3 weeks.  But I am a little worried because I have heard a lot about SDA lately.  I don't want to hurt the 3 I have!  I only get my ratties from one place.  Actually I have my eye on a hairless...  Should I be worrying??  Chelsea
The Dogs: Macy, Laynee, Roman, Sicili, & Cappy 🐕
The Rats: Astrid,  Imogen,  and Yvaine 🐀
The Cat: Charm, Kitten & foster kittens Mad Hatter & Mad Max!  🐈

So many 4 legged babies are missed.  Alice & Whimsy are the most recent.  ❤

Offline Bluejackal

• WARNING: Human may bite.
Re: Martins cage & new rats ?'s
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 11:24:06 PM »
The rat that I got who may have been the carrier came from the EXACT same feeder/pet breeder who four of my other rats came from with no problems.

At this point, it's better safe than sorry.
RATS:
Girls: Famine and Plague
Boys: Cassiel, Ch'kir, Falkar, Gabriel, RMAX Hitomi, RMAX Jean-Luc Picard, L'mar'kai, Lucifer, Michael, Rincewind, Seth, Twoflower

STILL AT THE BREEDER:
RMAX Rhadavic
RMAX Slash

GIRLMICE:
Dieter, Midas, Nell, Toboe, Tori

FERRETS: Lazarus and Sariel

Offline Dearpie

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • When you're too open minded, brains fall out!
    • Dearpie Hammocks
Re: Martins cage & new rats ?'s
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 02:38:11 AM »
A 695 has enough space for two more rats for you.  I'd get two and have them quarantined together, somewhere else.  :)  Then move onto proper intros, and lots of fun stories and pictures!  Good luck!

Martin's is usually very good about corrosponding with clients, however it IS a holiday weekend!  Give them a break and don't be upset if they decided to take some personal time.  They may not have either, I don't know.  I do know that when I ordered my first cage a few years ago, I got email from them on a SUNDAY!!  They're dedicated, but also are entitled to 'breaks or vacations.'   My guess is you'll have your cage by the end of the week, as long as they're not backed up with powdercoating issues!  :)